Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkish Aerospace Industry- Updates

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bayar
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2014

Turkish Aerospace Industries announces that its 12 Ton Utility Helicopter and Heavy Attack helicopter will use an up-rated derivative of the TUSAS Engine Industries T700-TEI-701D turbo-shaft engine until an indigenous solution based on the TS-1400 is found.

The T700-TEI-701D engine is a licence built Turbo-shaft engine derived from the GE T700-GE-701C model engine. See https://www.tei.com.tr/detay/turkish...-program-tuhp2

Click image for larger version  Name:	7IAsX1z.jpg Views:	1 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	3841380

Comment

• Bayar
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Oct 2014

Turkish and British (BAE Systems) Engineers are finalizing the final shape of the TF-X Aero-structure. 1000 Turkish and 70 British Senior Aerospace Engineers are currently working on wind tunnel testing of proposed final shape.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.1 KB ID:	3842799

Comment

• Bayar
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Oct 2014

The Philippines Air Force has purchased 8 T-129 Attack Helicopters from Turkish Aerospace Industries: https://defence-blog.com/news/philip...elicopter.html

Pakistan had earlier also chosen the T-129.

Comment

• Bayar
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Oct 2014

SOME FURTHER UPDATES FROM TURKEY:

President Erdogan's Administration allocates a further USD $60 billion for 650, High Tech Aerospace projects

The Turkish Air Force is scheduled to receive a further package of SOM-ER Advance Stand-off Cruise missiles from Roketsan of Turkey. This single batch of Stand-off cruise missiles dwarfs by comparison the total stand-off cruise missile arsenal of neighbor Greece.

Roketsan announces the Gezgin Land Attack Cruise missile with a range of 500+ KM.

Turkish Government (SSB) approves the commencement of the production of the T-130 ATAK-2 helicopter program.

Turkish Government approves for serial production the T-625 SKYLORD Utility Helicopter from 2021 onwards (with indigenous TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine). Both helicopter and engine will be EASA certified by then.

Comment

• Bayar
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Oct 2014

Turkey is to purchase eighty (80) Patriot MIM-104E Guidance Enhanced Missiles (GEM-T), sixty (60) PAC-3 Missile Segment Enhancement (MSE) missiles and related equipment for an estimated cost of $3.5 billion.

Congress has been notified.

Thus, Turkey's plans to field 4 seperate High Altitude Air Defence Systems: the S-400, EUROSAM SAMP/T, PATRIOTS and ROKETSAN HISAR-U is being realised.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.55.10 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	386.2 KB ID:	3844042
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.55.29 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	254.2 KB ID:	3844041
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 11.55.39 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	107.8 KB ID:	3844040

Comment

• bring_it_on
              2005-year of the RAPTOR!!
              • Jun 2004

It isn't a sale, it is a notification which is required as per law. I reckon that this is an alternative investment track to the S-400, and if Turkey goes through with the S-400 the Patriots will not be procured and this will likely put some strain on the F-35 program as well. Overall, I expect the offer to Turkey to be deeper in terms of the IAMD program i.e. Patriot baseline with prospects of upgrading to IAMD-IBCS, LTAMDS and all the possible sensor/shooter combinations that IAMD opens up. I don't think the US side believes that this will in addition to the S-400..

From Politico's Dave Brown : ""We've put an offer on the table. It's now for Turkey to decide" between Russia's S-400 and the Patriot system, a State Department official said."...
              Old radar types never die; they just phased array

Comment

• Bayar
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Oct 2014

bring_it_on Turkey has confirmed that the purchase of Patriot missiles will not affect its purchase of the S-400's. However, Turkey has agreed to take various technological steps to prevent Russians from using Turkish S-400's for intelligence gathering purposes. See https://www.timesofisrael.com/turkey...e-from-russia/ and below

NEWS 24.12.2018 : 20:22
                Purchase of Patriot missiles will not affect S-400 deal with Russia, says Turkey

http://www.ekathimerini.com/236006/a...ia-says-turkey
                • missiles

TAGS:Turkey, Defense

Turkeys possible purchase of US-made Patriot missile systems will not impact its deal to buy Russian S-400 systems, Turkish presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin told a news conference on Monday.

The deal on S-400 is closed. The first systems will be supplied in October 2019. The offer on Patriot will change nothing because we dont consider them as alternatives to one another. We can have both systems, he was quoted as saying by Russian news agency TASS.
                Due to the recent rapprochement between the US and Turkey, after Trumps announcement of his withdrawal from Syria in coordination with Turkey, it has been reported that the US is now willing to work with Turkey on the THAAD and SM-3 missiles. Trump is due to visit Turkey in 2019 to discuss enhancement of US-Turkish relations. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1OO02N

The biggest thorn in the US-Turkey relationship was the YPG/SDF. Now that this has evaporated- the relationship is back on foot.
                Last edited by Bayar; 25th December 2018, 03:45.

Comment

• Bayar
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Oct 2014

The prototype of Turkey's Light Attack Fighter Jet (a derivative of the HurJet Lead-in Fighter Trainer) has been put on display. See https://www.yenisafak.com/en/video-g...isplay-2198551

Click image for larger version

Name:	DoGSN9QX0AAZQPB.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	463.9 KB
ID:	3844610

Turkey is now working on a twin-engined prototype.

Last edited by Bayar; 25th December 2018, 05:34.

Comment

• Deino
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2000

The prototype of Turkey's Light Attack Fighter Jet (a derivative of the HurJet Lead-in Fighter Trainer) has been put on display. See https://www.yenisafak.com/en/video-g...isplay-2198551

Turkey is now working on a twin-engined prototype.

Bayar !!!!
                    Do You really think we believe your propaganda?? This is nothing more than the same mock-up we know already and even more now you want to tell us that they are planning to develop - besides the TFX and the single engined HurJet LIFT on another one with two engines??

Not sure what you smoked yesterday, but you should stop it.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                    My working week and my Sunday rest,
                    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                    I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                    For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                    -------------------------------------------------
                    W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• Bayar
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Oct 2014

Dude read the newspaper article I cited above. I don't own Yeni Safak!

P.S. I did smoke some organic weed but it doesn't cloud my judgement :-)

Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Deino
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2000

Thanks a lot, but please! At least a bit of judgement on your own and not just a plain reposting without thinking would help. It is clear as hell that this is a mock up only and most likely this reporter simply took his report not too seriously by stating "prototype" while meaning mock up and this alleged "twin engine variant" refers in fact to the TFX.

Any way, Merry Christmas too.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                        My working week and my Sunday rest,
                        My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                        I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                        Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                        Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                        For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                        -------------------------------------------------
                        W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

Is the TF-X getting the GE F110 or F414 or ??? I keep reading conflicting stories???

Comment

• JSR
                            JSR
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Aug 2011

it has been reported that the US is now willing to work with Turkey on the THAAD and SM-3 missiles.
                            Once Turkey start operating S400 it will realize that the size of order PAC3 notified is very small. so either it has to pony up huge amount of money to make it bigger or order further S400. than there is case of implementation it will take more than a decade for LM to fulfill any Turkish order. there is even longer range S500 already tested so upgrade path is assured.
                            SM-3 is not even suitable for Turkey. The Redut-Poliment system with 9M96D is designed for smaller corvette of less than 2000 tons. large number of corvettes in Mediterranean and red sea. I wont be surprised Turkey ordering Su-57 once it operates F-35.

Comment

• eagle
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jan 2000

Bayar:
                              Turkey has confirmed that the purchase of Patriot missiles will not affect its purchase of the S-400's.
                              Yes but that is not a sales confirmation. Turkey is not going to purchase those missiles, at least for now.
                              Did you read the notification? It says i.a.:
                              ... approving a possible Foreign Military Sale...
                              ... the possible sale...
                              ...request...
                              ...proposed sale...
                              ...notice of a potential sale...

Also lol @ Hrjet fighter jet prototype. Trying to compete with the Iranian 313 or what? OK that is a bit harsh but a prototype it isn't.
                              How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more.
                              Yngwie Malmsteen

Comment

• bring_it_on
                                2005-year of the RAPTOR!!
                                • Jun 2004

FMS notifications are just that notices to the US congress of a possible sale which is required by law for all FMS sales. If the Congress has no objections the US Government, the OEM and the foreign government then enter lengthy negotiations to see if the deal can be taken forward. It is far from a done deal.
                                Old radar types never die; they just phased array

Comment

• Mercurius
                                  Cantabrigiensis
                                  • Sep 2007

In what sense would the S-500 be an upgrade? An upgrade of what?
                                  Mercurius Cantabrigiensis

Comment

• Bayar
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Oct 2014

The Turkish Government has confirmed its intention to also procure the PAC-3.

Turkey has all along stated its intention to field 4 seperate High Altitude Air Defence systems:

S-400 (Already signed- Independently Operated)
                                    SAMT/T derivative (Licence Production deal signed- NATO Integrated)- https://www.armyrecognition.com/june...d_eurosam.html
                                    PAC-3 (Negotiations continuing- NATO Integrated)
                                    HISAR-U/SIPER (Still undergoing development- Independently operated)

The S-400's are for short term use and eventually for use at offshore bases in Qatar, Sudan, North Cyprus etc.

The secondary reason for procuring various different platforms is so that Turkey can test the stealthiness of its aerial platforms with various Air Defence Systems e.g TF-X, MIUS etc

Turkey Plans Meeting on Possible Patriot Purchase, Official Says

By Firat Kozok 26 December 2018, 22:18 GMT+11 Updated on 26 December 2018, 22:34 GMT+11
                                    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=economics-vp
                                    President Recep Tayyip Erdogan plans to convene his top defense body on Thursday to discuss a U.S. proposal to sell Patriot missile defense systems to Turkey, according to a senior Turkish official.
                                    The Presidency of Defense Industries is expected to hold a preliminary discussion on a possible purchase of the American system, the official said, asking not to be identified because he wasnt authorized to disclose the meeting plans.

Turkeys presidency confirmed the planned meeting but wouldnt say what was on the agenda.

Although a detailed assessment is unlikely at such an early stage, the discussion itself reflects the rapid detente between Ankara and Washington thats currently underway after years of strain that culminated with since-lifted U.S. sanctions on Turkey.

U.S. President Donald Trump gave an additional boost to the relationship earlier this month when he agreed to withdraw troops from Syria, signaling an end to his support for Kurdish groups that Turkey deems terrorists.

(Updates with more details throughout.)
                                    Last edited by Bayar; 28th December 2018, 09:37.

Comment

• Bayar
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Oct 2014

Turkish Aerospace has successfully integrated the TUSAS Engine Industries PD-170 Engine into the next generation ANKA MALE UAV systems.

This development paves the way for unrestricted exports to Middle Eastern countries and higher endurance missions.

Comment

• Bayar
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Oct 2014

Scooter The TF-X will neither use the F-110 or the F-414. There were discussions about using the aforementioned for the test platform however this was rejected.

A contract for the development of a next generation engine was signed with TR Motor. https://defpost.com/ssb-tr-motors-si...hter-aircraft/

Comment

• JSR
                                          JSR
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Aug 2011

In what sense would the S-500 be an upgrade? An upgrade of what?
                                          The will share some missiles. so missile procured for S400 system can be used there.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X