Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moroccan Air Force pictures

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan_pub
    Rank 5 Registered User

Moroccan Air Force pictures

Thinking of guess who, let's have a thread of pictures for alkowat al malakiya al jawiya, the Royal Moroccan Air Force.

Here are a few to get the ball rolling.

dan
    Attached Files
  • dan_pub
    Rank 5 Registered User

More pics

More Herks
    Attached Files

Comment

• dan_pub
      Rank 5 Registered User

Smaller critters too

The RMAF also uses a smaller transport, the Spanish CASA CN-235.
      Attached Files

Comment

• dan_pub
        Rank 5 Registered User

The Aerobatics team

This team is called "marche verte", the green march, which is a reference to the takeover of the former Spanish Western Sahara.

This event triggered the Algerian intervention and their creation of the "Polisario Front" terrorist group, and a neverending war in that part of Africa.

dan
        Attached Files

Comment

• MarocMirage

At last a RMAF thread.........
          Thanx for the pics dan_pub, some of them are new to me!!!

F-5

CM-170

T-34C with what appears to be Mk82 bombs.....

OV-10A

C-130H

EC-130H already posted but I wish to add that it carries the Motorla SLAR pod.

This F-1 does not seem to carry a fuel tank, more like a recce pod or something like that. Maybe the one that France and AeroMaroc made.

CN-235 ( all CN 235s were recently overhauled and repainted )

Blue Sands exercise

F-1

F-1EH-200

Alpha Jets

707 tanker

CH-47C, still going strong ( also during the earthquake )

Comment

• Srbin

Well Moroccan AF needs some good replacement for their F-1s and F-5s because they are pretty obselete against those Mig-29s of Algeria. Even with their best upgrades they can still not match Mig-29Ms of that Algeria will be getting nor can they even match the early Mig-29s.

Comment

• Dutchy
              'Je maintiendrai'

Originally posted by Srbin
              Well Moroccan AF needs some good replacement for their F-1s and F-5s because they are pretty obselete against those Mig-29s of Algeria. Even with their best upgrades they can still not match Mig-29Ms of that Algeria will be getting nor can they even match the early Mig-29s.
              Yes, what does this forum think, are the Moroccans going to choose for the French or the American product? I mean I think if the Moroccan AF is going to seek for a successor to the F-5 Tiger II and the Mirage F1 they will opt for a single fighter. My thought goes to the F-16 (naturellement) but they might still go for a French fighter, or will they go economical and get the Griphen instead. Never the less an interesting Air force. All things considered I think they might be the best served with the JAS-39. Good all round fighter for the minimum of cost.
              Regards,

Jeroen

Cogito, ergo sum

Comment

• Srbin

Yes, I think Gripen would be the best for them, I mean it is probably cheaper than the more advaned M2Ks or F-16s yet also much cheaper to run and maintain.

How are their relations with China or Russia militarily wise?

Comment

• Dutchy
                  'Je maintiendrai'

I thought Marrocco was in for the K-8.
                  Regards,

Jeroen

Cogito, ergo sum

Comment

• MarocMirage

Well the Gripen is a great low cost jet but Sweden is somewhat against Morocco's W. Sahara policy so we won't get them. The F-16 would be great too but only if we got the block 40s and higher.

Morocco has shown interest in the Mirage 2000-5 and when funds become available I think we'll buy them.

The relations with Russia are good, Morocco bought the T-72 and ordered the Tangusha ( or something like that ) but unfortunantly they had to cancel it.

Morocco has or is going to order 48 K-8s and the army is in discussion over the possible purchase of tanks.

Comment

• MarocMirage

Now that Algeria has bought advanced jets I think that Morocco is going to follow their move and buy advanced jets in the near future ( hopefully very near ). I do see M2000-5 as the most likely jet to be purchased, but China is also doing a great job and FC-1 for the F-5 and J-10 for the F-1 would be nice!!

Comment

• MarocMirage

Here are some more pics.......
                        Attached Files

Comment

• MarocMirage

The las pic ( Mirage F-1CH ) serialled 127 was the 2nd jet out of the first batch of 30 delivered to Morocco ( Morocco also used FrAF F-1 cuz Dassault could not deliver the RMAF F-1s fast enought ). Serialled 126 to 155 and delivered between February 1978 and December 1979.
                          Last edited by MarocMirage; 9th May 2004, 09:51.

Comment

• MarocMirage

Beautiful pic....

Comment

• dan_pub
                              Rank 5 Registered User

Nice batch.

Originally posted by MarocMirage
                              This F-1 does not seem to carry a fuel tank, more like a recce pod or something like that. Maybe the one that France and AeroMaroc made.
                              I suspect it is one of the Onera recce pods introduced when the Algerians gave the Polisario advanced SAMs to prevent recce of the infiltrators across the "wall".
                              IIRC those pods with a long-focal oblique camera allowed the F1s to do the job at long (-ish) distance, without flying directly into the danger zone.

They lost a few unsuspecting planes, but the problem was solved when they introduced the pods. The F1 could detect the infiltrators from afar and direct the ground troops for intercept.

You'd believe that Algeria would have other problems to deal with, deserving higher priority than just squandering their money into sponsoring a terrorist movement against their neighbors. Their smart policies reaped them a handsome reward in terms of internal situation.
                              A lot of Arab governments have a long way to go, in terms of maturity and basic smarts...

dan
                              Attached Files

Comment

• BME330
                                Rank 5 Registered User

Yes, they need an upgrade in fighter bombers and in helos.

Btw this was the most effective SAM in polisario hands, they also operated Sa-9
                                Attached Files

Comment

• milavia
                                  Rank 5 Registered User

:-)
                                  Attached Files
                                  AirShow Schedules 2015

Comment

• ALBERT ROSS
                                    A man of experience!

Here are two more types you haven't shown - the CAP 10s, previously used by the "Green Marche" team and their support Do-28D Skyservant. They had two of these - are they still in service?
                                    Last edited by ALBERT ROSS; 9th May 2004, 12:50. Reason: photos did not upload
                                    Adrian

Comment

• PLA
                                      PLA

Maroc getting K8? That is something new to me. But not bad choice. Cheap and not bad at all. So African continent is getting more chinese planes. After Egypt, Zambia now Maroc with K8... Sounds like a success to me...

About getting Fc1... Well. They do have not much options left. US giving newer F16 versions is questionable. Other products are either extremely expensive or with major strings. Sounds like the perfect market for the Fc1... I wonder who is next...

Comment

• MarocMirage

I would like to see the FC-1 with the SD-10 in RMAF service!!
                                        The 2 Cap-10s are of the Equip Voltige team ( disbanned I thought ). And weird that they were supported by a Do-28 ( also used for MPA ).
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                        X