Did something happen to the Su-57 thread?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 7 months

Am I going blind or is the Su-57 thread gone?

Original post

Member for

9 years 10 months

AGAIN! Hope only temporary.

Member for

15 years 4 months

If so(And i think it is..), just make a New one.

Related issue;
After this forum got a facelift a dew years back, when they messed up with the quote function. The cellphone application for this forum also got wrecked.
If i post with my phone. I usually mess up due to autospell issue.
So when i try to edit my post from my phone, the whole post gets deleted..
It's highly annoying.

Member for

15 years 3 months

*sigh*

Member for

15 years 4 months

My point was, there might be similar problems for the moderators. Thread getting deleted due to some bug with the Forum, when they delete(moderateing) someones post..

Member for

9 years 10 months

Or maybe it's better not to have one dedicated thread for it and post the very few news about it in the general russian one.

Member for

13 years 6 months

Will need to wait until the new thread gets started so we can get back to the discussion around the shocking admission of program failure by Russian officials.

Our less.... intellectual posters can get back to their personal attacks again, get reported, thread deleted and around we go again.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Yet another thread has been deleted without explanation, removing not only postings whose signal-to-noise ratio left much to be desired, but also a significant amount of useful information contributed by individual members of the 'Modern Military Aviation' forum.

But the future predicted by ActionJackson hardly seems viable. I believe that it is now time for many of us to decide whether we are prepared to carry on gathering and posting items of aerospace-related information that could be deleted without warning, apparently at the whim of one or more anonymous and unaccountable individuals who, in the words of my old colleague Mercurius Edinensis, "come into their chairs...none knows how".

We do not know what life experience or other training is thought to have qualified them for the role that they serve. Nor are we told the rules (if any) that seem to allow some individual posters to repeatedly post nationalistic or political diatribes that add little to our communal knowledge, but cause threads to eventually be 'nuked', permanently erasing the contributions that other more responsible members have made. When a thread vanishes, we are given no explanation as to why potentially useful information has been removed.

The 'Modern Military Aviation' forum is a collective work created by its individual members. Without us and our individual contributions, it can serve little purpose. But we seem to have no voice in how it is run, or right of appeal against thread deletions.

Member for

12 years 4 months

@Mercurius: I am totally on the same opinion. sadly, this is a trend widely found all across the internet'a forums where the expertise and time lost to ensure the quality of the thread is often disregarded in front of other priorities. Internet (and this is paradoxal) widely disregard IP question.

[...] the shocking admission of program failure by Russian officials.

When was that?! I last read about the order of 12 Airframe.

Member for

13 years 7 months

When was that?! I last read about the order of 12 Airframe.

It was one of the usual news related releases that Austin posts. Haavarla and myself made some comments before the thread got... nuked.

Member for

13 years 6 months

Is this the same issue that I remember happened a long time ago when the thread starter deleted his original post (Joe Asakura) which in turn deleted the thread? Perhaps if the thread starter is not someone who's likely to have a tantrum and thread delete when articles like below get a bit of attention, or if knuckle draggers could just control their emotions a bit better and not have threads deleted by admins.

http://militarynews.ru/story.asp?rid=1&nid=485254

Moscow. On July 4. Interfax-AVn - Promising fighter Su-57 it is necessary to consider as excellent aircraft with the export potential, but main efforts must be concentrated during the creation of transitional machine, stated on Wednesday “to Interfax-AVN” the head of the commission of the State Duma for the legal guarantee of development of organizations OPK, the first Vice President of the union of the machine builders of RF Vladimir Gutenev.

“I assume that the fighter of the sixth generation will be the transitional machine between the aircraft, still controlled by man, and in the pilotless intellectual impact complexes (BIUK) - in this case we speak about air BIUK, which can because of their intellect carry out stated problems by the, including sufficiently concentrated groups”, he said, commenting on the statement of the Vice-Premier of Russian Federation of Yuri Borisov, that mass deliveries in VKS of Russia the fighters of the fifth generation Su-57 within the next few years it will not be.

“I am to a considerable degree solidary with the words Yuri Ivanovich (Borisov) apropos of the fact that hardly is worth expecting the concentrated purchases Su-57”, noted V. Gutenev. “With the undoubted merits of this machine we, it is certain, we understand, that the start to program was daN still in 2001, and the implementation of program on a whole series of objective reasons was tightened (originally it was planned in 2006 - 2007 to conduct flight tests, and since 2014 already to supply the troops), in connection with the very dynamic development of technologies - this concerns the systems of electroninc warfare, and new composite materials, and the new opportunities, which allow additive technologies from the point of view of the design reduction of prices of machines”, it established.

“Well, and certainly, this is connected with the fact that we possess the very perfect machines - this Su-34 and Su-35, which themselves appeared well”, noted V. Gutenev. “Up to 2023-2024 on Su-57 is not assumed installation of the motor of the second stage, whose tests only began, this - “article 30”, and without looking at the fact that our machine is considerably cheaper (according to my estimations, 2.5 times, than the foreign analogs of the 5th generation), but nevertheless it considerably more expensive requires thinner services in comparison with Su-34 and Su-35”, added V. Gutenev.

“Therefore I am solidary with the opinion Yuri Ivanovich (Borisov), according to whom we already have an experience, when because of the reasonable technical policy actually they jumped over through the generation, to a considerable degree economizing budget”, he said. “We for sure could within the framework of a short term stay in February of this year our machines Su-57 in Syria refine a number of the possible and associated data according to the ability F-22 and F-35 on the detection of our aircraft - telemetry gave essential occasion for their improvement”, noted V. Gutenev.

“Therefore concentration (efforts) during the transitional, 6th generation, me seems, it would be much more expedient, and the 5th generation must serve in the maloseriynom version finalizing the technical tasks, which would make it possible from one side to capitalize on the outside markets for the expenditures, carried along this machine, and the other side - to improve systems (promising aircraft)”, it were confident V. Gutenev.

“This is - the extremely rational and correct approach, which ensures the balance between the interests of defense-industrial complex (OPK) and customer”, it counts. Deputy assumes that in the interests OPK it would be “sufficient simply to form export appearance Su-57 with the engine of the second stage”. “This is - the absolutely accurate and pragmatic solution”, it is confident.

Member for

13 years 7 months

ActionJackson

I have started a new thread, could you please move that to the new thread please? (I am on my phone)

cheers

Member for

15 years 4 months

I'm pretty certain i was not the thread starter of the now missing thread.

But i'm telling you guys. Be carefull when posting from cellphone. This forum is not 100% compatible with Cellphones application

Member for

12 years 4 months

Thanks ActionJackson.

Member for

13 years 7 months

I'm pretty certain i was not the thread starter of the now missing thread.

Are you sure? We have had so many threads, you may have started that one...

Member for

8 years

The thread got deleted because someone (falcondude) posted some politically charged partisan nonsense about the su 57.

If you want the threads to last, stop posting politically charged nonsense.

Member for

13 years 7 months

The thread got deleted because someone (falcondude) posted some politically charged partisan nonsense about the su 57.

If you want the threads to last, stop posting politically charged nonsense.

What exactly was politically charged -in other words what did I post exactly, or even better, prove it.

Oh and second how do you know that is the reason? Are you a moderator or did you delete the thread ?

Member for

18 years 8 months

Prohibit the publication of news from Russia! This is all Propaganda! :dev2:

Member for

8 years

You are an insider Paralay. What's the deal. Is the Pak Fa program a failure ? Lol :very_drunk:

Member for

18 years 8 months

The forecast of production of a T-50 fighter while maintaining the existing dynamics :angel:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]261344[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

6 years 1 month

Mercurius

Yet another thread has been deleted without explanation, removing not only postings whose signal-to-noise ratio left much to be desired, but also a significant amount of useful information contributed by individual members of the 'Modern Military Aviation' forum.

But the future predicted by ActionJackson hardly seems viable. I believe that it is now time for many of us to decide whether we are prepared to carry on gathering and posting items of aerospace-related information that could be deleted without warning, apparently at the whim of one or more anonymous and unaccountable individuals who, in the words of my old colleague Mercurius Edinensis, "come into their chairs...none knows how".

We do not know what life experience or other training is thought to have qualified them for the role that they serve. Nor are we told the rules (if any) that seem to allow some individual posters to repeatedly post nationalistic or political diatribes that add little to our communal knowledge, but cause threads to eventually be 'nuked', permanently erasing the contributions that other more responsible members have made. When a thread vanishes, we are given no explanation as to why potentially useful information has been removed.

The 'Modern Military Aviation' forum is a collective work created by its individual members. Without us and our individual contributions, it can serve little purpose. But we seem to have no voice in how it is run, or right of appeal against thread deletions.

Completely agree, this feels like having done something wrong that has annoyed the Gods and not knowing what it was. It is simply ridiculous.