Member for

14 years 1 month

Terrible !

Member for

15 years 2 months

Has the cause been found yet ?

Member for

9 years 6 months

No. There's strong suspicion and some visual indications that the aircraft experienced a loss of both engines on the left side, but that's not really the "cause", only the result. The cause will ultimately be whatever happened to cause the engines to lose thrust. Given the near vertical impact and massive damage to the engines and fuselage, I suspect it will take a while to uncover the root of the problem.

Member for

15 years 2 months

I read the captain having said they are flying the oldest aircraft of the US AF. One implied it was 60 years old Hercules ?

Any pilot could glide a plane...so there has to be something wrong with the propellors ( or engines ). Feathering system kaputt ?

Member for

24 years 3 months

The engines on older C-130s run at constant speed. They vary the amount of thrust produced by varying the pitch of the propeller and fuel flow. A prop with flat pitch creates lots of drag. A prop with negative pitch creates reverse thrust. I don't know if it was one of those systems which contributed to the accident.

Member for

12 years 4 months

A400m, no one? Looks very similar.

Member for

9 years

A400M crash was a FADEC software malfunction leading to near total loss of power. There's approximately 0% of software in T56s' engine control. All hydromechanical.