German MiG-29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German MiG-29

Robert "Robbs" Hierl chats about his time operating and testing the German Mig-29 Fulcrum. He also talks about his time as a test pilot at the ETPS and his current role as a project pilot for the GAF.

A picture of Robbs in the MiG-29

Click image for larger version

Name:	last flight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	493.0 KB
ID:	3680206

Comment

The middle picture hanging on his wall...on the right.
      Looks like a Cheetah C.
      Would have been interesting to hear what his opinion is on it....basically being gutted and equipped with modern electronics, as well as an off-bore helmet guided missile system that he was impressed with.

Comment

I don't think it's Cheetah C rather than twin-seat Mirage 2000B, D or N..
        Last edited by MSphere; 24th April 2018, 23:16.

Comment

definitely a 2000B. the massive hangar makes me think of Istres, and the guy in the orange suit leads me to think it was a sortie with the EPNER (French test pilot school)... which fits the pedigree and curriculum of the guy.
          Last edited by EC 5/25 Corsair; 24th April 2018, 23:13.

Comment

Ok...
            It just had the characteristic "sit" or look of the Cheetah.
            Germany has been using the Overberg range/AFB in the Western Cape for years..and the TFDC there always had Cheetahs on hand, so assumed thats what it was.

Comment

I never knew Germany used the Overberg range/AFB in the Western Cape. Thanks for that info.

Comment

Working...
              X