Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rafale 2018 Thread: Europe's best Eurocanard

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TooCool_12f
    replied
    Originally posted by ActionJackson View Post

It's not like Rafales are going to be needed for any real combat role anyway when there's F-35s in theatre, not for the first week or so. Rafales can play once the far more capable aircraft which aren't already obsolete kick the door down for them.
    obviously french air force does not agree with you, but, hey, what would they know, eh?

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    Originally posted by halloweene View Post
    PS they also have a satcom, what about F-35, they need a pod?
    FYI, Every F-35 has a UHF satcom from ball aerospace. The deferment for compatibility was due to DoD switching satellite networks, apparently that constellation was not ready when planning what capabilities the F-35 would have at IOC and got bumped to block 4 as Spud said.

Leave a comment:

• ActionJackson
    replied

in that case i apologize. For the sake of your info, defense conmputers have inhibited USB ports etc.

Mant things are comimn with block4, aswell as with Rafale F4 (including doftware defined radion called ERS-B already mounted on B301 so as to demonstrate fast datalink netwroking) etc.
    Swiss will tell.
    That's Enterprise security 101.

Leave a comment:

• ActionJackson
    replied

Easy. Much bette rthan F-35, faster and with a 11g limit. Sorry for your flying turtle. PS they also have a satcom, what about F-35, they need a pod?
    Glad it can fly faster, should help when it needs to run away.

F-35 just needs a network containing a satcom node which it most certainly has. Hell it could just stealth relay a message back to Rafales loitering (read: hiding) way outside the AO to do the satcom links for it.

It's not like Rafales are going to be needed for any real combat role anyway when there's F-35s in theatre, not for the first week or so. Rafales can play once the far more capable aircraft which aren't already obsolete kick the door down for them.

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    No competition will ever tell the whole truth. Industrial, operational and political needs are so different from every country. i sometimes gate heated due to what i perceive as fanboyism . There is othing such as a perfect weapon platform.

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    Swiss will tell.
    That I heartily disagree with. I'd be surprised if the contents of the eval leak this time. Perhaps we will get a summary of the decision making process post selection. By your logic, had the scores of the previous competition not leaked would it have been valid to weigh the merits of the Gripen vis a vis the Typhoon & Rafale based on it's selection? I'm of (have maintained from the beginning) that the F-35 is somewhat of a long shot to be selected by the Swiss. I STILL think the Rafale is the most likely choice and none of that is based on the relative merits of either aircraft, cost, or industrial participation per se.

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    Originally posted by SpudmanWP View Post
    halloweene, I think you missed my point....

My example was showing that a private contractor had better Computer Security procedures in place than the Gov.

FFS, Turn on your spellcheck.

To answer your other question, SATCOM comes to the F-35 in Block 4.
    in that case i apologize. For the sake of your info, defense conmputers have inhibited USB ports etc.

Mant things are comimn with block4, aswell as with Rafale F4 (including doftware defined radion called ERS-B already mounted on B301 so as to demonstrate fast datalink netwroking) etc.
    Swiss will tell.

Leave a comment:

• TomcatViP
    replied
    Before that, in 2015 we had the loss of a truck full of Rafale engine parts (in Fr):
    https://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/...-rafale-939216
    Probably that somewhere an obscure Rafale Fan is crafting is own replica

Regarding the incident targeting the IAF's Rafale program, this what the French press from Paris (where stands the site hit by the robbery) was reporting last week:

Lavionneur Dassault Saint-Cloud a t la cible dun cambriolage le week-end dernier. Les voleurs ont pntr dans des bureaux attenants au sige du groupe mais spars du btiment principal, dans la nuit de samedi dimanche. Ces locaux ont t mis disposition par Dassault pour lquipe indienne traitant le contrat dexportation du Rafale.

Une information rvle par la presse indienne et cite par le quotidien Le Monde : Il y a eu une intrusion dans le bureau de lquipe de projet de larme de lair indienne. Aucun disque dur ou document na t vol. Nous vrifions certains dtails pour claircir les motivations , avait fait savoir une source militaire lagence de presse Asian News International (ANI).

Selon nos informations, de fortes sommes dargent ont t drobes et des coffres-forts dgrads. Mais les enquteurs privilgieraient pour lheure la piste crapuleuse. Ni la direction, ni les services de renseignement nenvisageraient un acte despionnage.
    ------------------------------------------

The aircraft manufacturer Dassault in Saint-Cloud was the target of a robbery last weekend. The thieves entered the offices at the group's head office but separated the main building in the night of Saturday to Sunday. These premises were made available by Dassault for the Indian team of the Rafale export contract.

Information revealed by the Indian press and the daily Le Monde: "Intrusion in the office of the project team of the Indian Air Force. No disc was stolen. We check some details to clarify the motivations, "a military source told the news agency Asian News International (ANI).

According to our information, large sums of money have been disbursed and vaults degraded. But the investigators would privilege for now the villainous track. Neither the management nor the intelligence services would consider an act of espionage.
    Source:
    Le Parisien.fr
    Last edited by TomcatViP; 31st May 2019, 00:22.

Leave a comment:

• XB-70
    replied
    Now let's be fair to him. He writes English better than I can write French.

Leave a comment:

• SpudmanWP
    replied
    halloweene, I think you missed my point....

My example was showing that a private contractor had better Computer Security procedures in place than the Gov.

To answer your other question, SATCOM comes to the F-35 in Block 4.
    Last edited by SpudmanWP; 30th May 2019, 17:32.

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    Originally posted by SpudmanWP View Post
    "paperless office" does not mean much if you allow stupid stuff to still occur.

CAse in point, a brand new VA facility in Florida was viewing a demo from our company who currently hosts major health system's data every day (no name dropping but #1 for-profit HC system, #1 non-profit HC System, etc). The feds have been staunchly opposed to us hosting their data (in the "cloud") and insist on hosting their own data, which we fully support.

In the middle of the demo, someone in another building uses a USB stick from home on their work PC.

Two days later the local network comes back online.

How the F can Governmental computers be built with functional USB sticks and DVD drives, especially after Stuxnet? Even our sales force laptops, owners, lead devs, etc cannot attach a USB stick or access the DVD drive in order to severely limit how data comes into our system.
    Considering your abysmal ignorance of french procedure, i will not answer. I wouldn't to a worm either, do not feel vexed. 5relmeber the PROVEN terabytes of info stolen about F-35?)

PS these are DAssault cmputers, not gov. You know, the company that make the software used to build the puffin like "plane"?
    Last edited by halloweene; 30th May 2019, 17:07.

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    Originally posted by ActionJackson View Post

Wonder how she flies with all the non-jettisonable crap hanging off her?
    Easy. Much bette rthan F-35, faster and with a 11g limit. Sorry for your flying turtle. PS they also have a satcom, what about F-35, they need a pod?

Leave a comment:

• ActionJackson
    replied
    several antennas above the chine also.
    Wonder how she flies with all the non-jettisonable crap hanging off her?

Leave a comment:

• SpudmanWP
    replied
    "paperless office" does not mean much if you allow stupid stuff to still occur.

CAse in point, a brand new VA facility in Florida was viewing a demo from our company who currently hosts major health system's data every day (no name dropping but #1 for-profit HC system, #1 non-profit HC System, etc). The feds have been staunchly opposed to us hosting their data (in the "cloud") and insist on hosting their own data, which we fully support.

In the middle of the demo, someone in another building uses a USB stick from home on their work PC.

Two days later the local network comes back online.

How the F can Governmental computers be built with functional USB sticks and DVD drives, especially after Stuxnet? Even our sales force laptops, owners, lead devs, etc cannot attach a USB stick or access the DVD drive in order to severely limit how data comes into our system.
    Last edited by SpudmanWP; 30th May 2019, 04:58.

Leave a comment:

• djcross
    replied
    I hope DA's intellectual property were not compromised.

The value of a strictly enforced paperless workplace is all critical data is stored on the network drives that are located in vaults which are manned 24/7/365. There are no paper documents to steal.
    Last edited by djcross; 30th May 2019, 01:26.

Leave a comment:

• TomcatViP
    replied
    [I]AF team to visit France to probe possible data theft during Rafale office break-in

The Rafale team sits in a building complex in Saint Cloud suburb of Paris and the police there is investigating the case.

Sources said the main aim of the break-in could have been to steal data as valuables or money are not kept in these administrative offices.

The Indian Rafale team office is in the vicinity of French Dassault Aviation office blocks.
    Source:
    Business Standart.com
    Last edited by TomcatViP; 30th May 2019, 00:45.

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    several antennas above the chine also.

Leave a comment:

• eagle1
    replied
    first time I see the sniper pod on the rafale. True there is the TARGO II as well.
    Last edited by eagle1; 17th May 2019, 16:01.

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    This is defens'aero not defense-aerospace.

Here is the original picture

check at 0.41
    Last edited by halloweene; 17th May 2019, 13:44.

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied

mon Dieu! Your a subscriber to Defense-Aerospace? Halloweene, you disappoint me.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
X