Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rafale 2018 Thread: Europe's best Eurocanard

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • halloweene
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2012

Did i ever say the EF is a poor plane( i may in the heat of discussion)? I just consider that Rafale is way more versatile.

Comment

• TomcatViP
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by RT news
      A 64-year-old civilian passenger suffered serious back injuries and was hospitalized after being accidentally ejected from a French Air Force Rafale B fighter jet during take-off.

The incident took place at around 2pm local time on Wednesday at the Saint-Dizier air base in northeastern France during a routine training mission.
      https://www.rt.com/news/454508-civil...h-fighter-jet/

Comment

• halloweene
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jan 2012

Thx to its 5th en security systems, no caualties were reported.

Comment

• St. John
          Rank 4 Registered User
          • Jan 2018

Well I guess it's prepared him for a Rafale M catapult launch too now.

Comment

• eagle1
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Feb 2011

What I find intersting is that RT and Sputnik are relating this event. It shows that Russia has a clear focus on the rafale to relate stories like that. I am often amazed by their speed to pick even some relatively minor event...Sometimes even faster than some French local media !

Comment

• TomcatViP
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Nov 2011

Maybe it's because the Russian media are very much infiltrated in the Fr Press.

I choose to post for once the RT news brief because it was the one that day that gave more details about the "age of the captain". Don't see trough further than that.

Comment

• TR1
                TR1
                http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by eagle1 View Post
                What I find intersting is that RT and Sputnik are relating this event. It shows that Russia has a clear focus on the rafale to relate stories like that. I am often amazed by their speed to pick even some relatively minor event...Sometimes even faster than some French local media !
                I mean a Russian defense official says "We are waiting for the final engine and are in no rush to induct the Su-57" and the entire Western press spergs out about how the Su-57 is cancelled for the next 6 months.

People like clickbaity stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TR1 View Post

I mean a Russian defense official says "We are waiting for the final engine and are in no rush to induct the Su-57" and the entire Western press spergs out about how the Su-57 is cancelled for the next 6 months.

People like clickbaity stuff.
                  Keep drinking the Russian Cool Aid......

Comment

• bandua
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Sep 2012

I have been looking for updates on the AESA retrofit for the current RAFALE fleet but couldn't get to any source, nor find much information.
                    Is any of the (French) Rafale experts aware of any such links. I understand that current numbers for RAFALE in French service are 143 operational/delivered + 28 scheduled for delivery of which the last 60 were to be delivered with AESA, so that as of today France has 23 to 32 equipped with AESA with 28 coming until 2023 already signed and 30 more expected to come by 2030.
                    Is that correct? As I say I couldn't find links on broader upgrades. Thnks in advance.

Comment

• halloweene
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jan 2012

As far as 60 AESA were ordered, you must be close to the truth.

Comment

• Kovy
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bandua View Post
                        I have been looking for updates on the AESA retrofit for the current RAFALE fleet but couldn't get to any source, nor find much information.
                        Is any of the (French) Rafale experts aware of any such links. I understand that current numbers for RAFALE in French service are 143 operational/delivered + 28 scheduled for delivery of which the last 60 were to be delivered with AESA, so that as of today France has 23 to 32 equipped with AESA with 28 coming until 2023 already signed and 30 more expected to come by 2030.
                        Is that correct? As I say I couldn't find links on broader upgrades. Thnks in advance.
                        AFAIK, at least 32 Rafale have got an AESA so far
                        Also possibly the Rafale M30 which is the first that was retrofited to the F3R standard last December.

Also, all 147 Rafale currently in service in French forces have been retrofited to the F3-4+ standard meaning that they are all AESA compatible.
                        The Rafale international forum :
                        http://rafale.freeforums.org/

Rafale news blog :
                        http://rafalenews.blogspot.com/

Comment

• TomcatViP
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Nov 2011

does this include the Navy Rafale? I can't remember this. Thanks.

Comment

• halloweene
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2012

NEw (M30)ones yes. Anyway, the antenna can perfectly be retrofitted within 2 hours. Exchange of antennas certainly happened.

Comment

• eagle1
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Feb 2011

Link does not work for me

Comment

• halloweene
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Jan 2012

Edited image is deleted due to sensitivity of data.
                                Last edited by halloweene; 30th April 2019, 14:03.

Comment

• TomcatViP
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Nov 2011

Indian perspective: what do do of Pakistani's Rafale pilots?

It is quite obvious that Pakistani pilots will fly all these aircraft being procured by Qatar. It is irrelevant whether they have been trained in France on the Rafale. In all likelihood, they would have. We must factor this in our calculations.
                                  Source:
                                  https://www.deccanherald.com/

Comment

• halloweene
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Jan 2012

Another epic fail from Ghandi vis vis Rafale...

Comment

• TomcatViP
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Nov 2011

Gandhi is a politician with far more on hands than the Dassault's Rafale from France. Dassaults on the other hand are industry captains with a large media ownership. If something was not copied 5 on 5, the blame would certainly not be on a politician passionated for his country. *

*Feel free to copy pas for official statement!

Comment

• TooCool_12f
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by TomcatViP View Post
                                        Gandhi is a politician with far more on hands than the Dassault's Rafale from France. Dassaults on the other hand are industry captains with a large media ownership. If something was not copied 5 on 5, the blame would certainly not be on a politician passionated for his country. *

*Feel free to copy pas for official statement!
                                        or simply passionate for power?

Comment

• BlackArcher
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Dec 2010

Desperate for power. Scion of a political dynasty and president of a party that believes that just being born to the Nehru-Indira Gandhi family (which has no relation to Mahatma Gandhi whatsoever) gives him the birth right to rule India.

Basically a half retard. He's a puppet and the strings are pulled by various other people in the Congress party.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X