Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rafale 2018 Thread: Europe's best Eurocanard

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halloweene
    replied
    Not really. AASM 125 was never fully developed. Doctrina was well... To expensive, lets go for AASm 1T and "smartglider" Brimstone being too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Cream
    replied
    For the Brimstone it was proposed to the FAF but they chose to develop the AASM 125 instead.

Leave a comment:

• Cream
    replied
    The Meteor is cleared since 2017 and i think the delivery to FAF started in 2018.

http://www.defens-aero.com/2017/04/m...re-rafale.html

I never see the rockets pod under a Rafale but that don't mean FAF don't have it. FAF had some gun pod i see it on a M2000 but never in operation on a Rafale.
    Don't know if the big Hammer was already used..

Click image for larger version

Name:	2000_p10.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	3849489

Leave a comment:

• Jackonicko
    replied
    Brimstone isn't in service on Rafale yet, and I'm pretty sure that the big 'Hammer' won't come in until F4 - I wonder how many of the other weapons aren't yet cleared and in service. The twin gun pod, perhaps? Meteor?

Leave a comment:

• Cream
    replied
    That's about all, you can add the CFT they are cleared but not in service since nobody bought it. Click image for larger version

Name:	0 rafale.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	329.9 KB
ID:	3849480

Leave a comment:

• Jackonicko
    replied
    What external stores are actually cleared on Rafale - not just fit-checked but flown, cleared and in service? I know it's a long list!

Leave a comment:

• gosnold
    replied
    Originally posted by halloweene View Post
    Some news from FCAS/SCAF

http://www.portail-aviation.com/blog...s-concepteurs/

english version clickable on it ("the restless technophile)
    Direct link to the English version:
    https://therestlesstechnophile.com/2...its-designers/

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    Some news from FCAS/SCAF

http://www.portail-aviation.com/blog...s-concepteurs/

english version clickable on it ("the restless technophile)

Notice :

Breton: Le Rafale va bnficier des radars tuiles, et dune mise niveau en connectivit pour lintgrer au SCAF. Nous introduirons des Remote carrier rapidement pour pouvoir les exprimenter en opration. Nous intgrerons aussi de lIA dans le Rafale vers 2025.
    Please somone posts the english version on F-16 so as to see reactions. Will be fun.
    Last edited by halloweene; 2nd February 2019, 15:58.

Leave a comment:

• eagle1
    replied
    Yes, thx for the pdf !

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    you found it. Latest version from early 2018.

Leave a comment:

• eagle1
    replied
    I am looking for the chart of the rafale F4 with the conformal antennas. I remember someone has posted it somewhere on Keypub but I can't find it. I'll be gratefull if someone post it here !

Leave a comment:

• Kovy
    replied
    Stupid question but bar the obvious (lack of trained aircrew, and less fuel), if countries have a high proportion of two seaters for strike and air defence missions why not go the whole hog and dispense with single seaters totally?
    Back in the early 2000, the French air force was thinking about buying 2 seaters only. Then they realised that the simplicity of flying the a/c and the new MMI/sensor fusion decreased the need for a WSO in several missions.
    Then there is of course the higher fly away price and maintenance costs of the 2-seater...

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    How many two seaters are the various export customers taking?

It was obviously 16 Rafale DM + 8 Rafale EM when Egypt was taking 24 aircraft, but how about now?
    It was obviously 6 Rafale DQ + 18 Rafale EQ when Qatar was taking 24 aircraft, but how about now?
    Do we agree that it was 8 Rafale DH + 28 Rafale EH for India?
    Do we know the breakdown of Bs and Cs in the most recent French orders? The 28 on order from F4 and the 30 planned.

The indain RAfale are called BR (Bharat Rafale). First to fly was BR008 and will be the last delivered. First delivery is scheduled on september.

Stupid question but bar the obvious (lack of trained aircrew, and less fuel), if countries have a high proportion of two seaters for strike and air defence missions why not go the whole hog and dispense with single seaters totally?
    Not stupid. The answer is doctrina. backseat is there to bring in a second human mind to help on some functions. It is not necessary to have 2 seaters only (and they are more expensive)
    Last edited by halloweene; 28th January 2019, 14:05.

Leave a comment:

• Mags76
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kovy
    replied
    It was obviously 16 Rafale DM + 8 Rafale EM when Egypt was taking 24 aircraft, but how about now?
    It was obviously 6 Rafale DQ + 18 Rafale EQ when Qatar was taking 24 aircraft, but how about now?
    AFAIK, Still unknown

yes

Do we know the breakdown of Bs and Cs in the most recent French orders? The 28 on order from F4 and the 30 planned.
    5 B, 21 C, 2M (BTW, this is not a new order, these are the last aircrafts of the tranche 4 ordered in 2009 which deliveries are on hold until 2022)

The 30 of the tranche 5 are not ordered yet, so we don't know.
    Last edited by Kovy; 27th January 2019, 21:59.

Leave a comment:

• Jackonicko
    replied
    How many two seaters are the various export customers taking?

Last edited by Jackonicko; 27th January 2019, 20:39.

Leave a comment:

• eagle1
    replied

Great !

Leave a comment:

• St. John
    replied
    So they agreed to buy jets to secure a loan?

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    Yep. Eyt already has a 5billion loan from frenchov. Bank. MoF is not very enthusisastic about ivn them more loans. However, the interestin part is that if they want to use their option, it means that they are satisfied no?

Leave a comment:

• TomcatViP
    replied
    Don't stand on the starting block and keep the Champ in the fridge. It won't be signed during the visit as reported by Reuters quoting some officials.

PARIS (Reuters) - France does not expect Egypt to finalize a deal to buy a further 12 Dassault Aviation-made Rafale fighter jets during President Emmanuel Macrons visit to the North African country next week, an official in the presidents office said.

Egypt could complete its fleet of Rafale jets in the weeks or months to come but there will not be a signing of contracts during the presidents visit, the official said.
    Source:
    Reuters.com
    Last edited by TomcatViP; 27th January 2019, 00:34.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
X