Rafale 2017-2

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 1 month

Seems that Rafale thread disappeared...

So starting a new one. with an eastern egg

New Rafale demo has just been qualified yesterday. Here is the teaser, from inside. Lots of roll it appears.

https://www.facebook.com/1703855576537929/videos/1886007148322770/

Original post

Member for

7 years

Seems that Rafale thread disappeared...

Active cancellation.

Member for

12 years 3 months

:D
At last a proof of its existence

Member for

12 years 1 month

Don't worry. You still have many years to rant :very_drunk:

Member for

7 years

Now it's generated a false return.

Member for

15 years 9 months

Halloweene (or Kovy or somebody else) would you mind reposting the info on the plans for the F3R+/F4?

The previous thread was a good reference...

Member for

12 years 3 months

Don't worry. You still have many years to rant

To rant:
synonyms: fulminate, go on, hold forth, vociferate, sound off, spout, pontificate, bluster, declaim

You get the picture I guess.
:eagerness:

Member for

19 years 11 months

Trappier is just refering to the RFI issued by the Indian Navy earlier this year. Nothing really new.

Member for

7 years

There is some concern about roll stability with high loads during landing for the navy role, according to a contact in the Indian Navy.

Member for

12 years 1 month

Calling "contact" someone talking on forums is a bit hazardous. however, he is really a former IN pilot and promoting his own design...

Member for

7 years

Yes, he is a former IN pilot up until very recently. I'm not sure whether he has actually left the IN yet but I don't think it's unreasonable to call him an IN contact and I wasn't aware he was promoting any other design.

Member for

12 years 1 month

No prob. He is leader of a small air company also btw. He left some years ago but still has good contacts. He is the man behind LSA.

Member for

7 years

I think he is correct though, in that the French Navy has imposed lower operational load limits on Rafale Ms than on Rafale B/Cs.

Member for

19 years 11 months

So there is no concern to have if this is a point known for 15 years and already addressed.

Member for

7 years

It's an issue that still exists, which may or may not be okay depending on a customer's requirements.

Member for

12 years 1 month

The real point is asymetric very heavy loading (eg. One SCALP on one side) to land. (that is why M only use one sczlp /exocet). This issue exist more or less for any maritime aircraft.

Member for

7 years

But wasn't it a case that the Rafale was design to roll very easily, with the down side being reduced roll stability.

Member for

12 years 1 month

i you could link me (here or via pm) vstol comments...
And yes roll rate is very high. More important is the time to bank. (and to unbank).

Member for

12 years 1 month

The new sceme of Rafale demo 2017
http://image-store.slidesharecdn.com/ecca5007-a1a7-4d32-a7f1-192865649d9d-original.jpeg