Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese air power thread 18

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuantumFX
    What?

J-16 batch 4: Total closing in on 100?

Comment

• Inst
      Rank 5 Registered User

There is now a huge fight going on on SDF given interpretations of insider leaks, the Minnie Chan SCMP article, and so on, about whether the WS-15 will appear installed at Zhuhai this year, and whether it will be deployed on the J-20.

FYI, Deino, Blitzo, and latenlazy are vehemently against the notion as it goes against their current analysis, and they regard sources and source interpretation as either unreliable or just fradulent. Others are more enthusiastic, but the ultimate test will come down to what we see at Zhuhai.

Comment

• Inst
        Rank 5 Registered User

@Stealthflanker: Interesting figures. If you trust this information, and then add some extrapolations based on it (reputed 50% detection range vs 0 dBsm of 450 km on J-11/J-16), a KJ-3000 with the latest radar technology should be able to achieve 1150 km detection range vs 0 dBsm. Given that the F-35 is likely around -30 to -40 dBsm in UHF band, updated AEW&C should be able to detect a F-35 at around 154 km range, while an American E-2D should be able to pick up a J-20 around 200 km, which is within the range of a PL-15.

Comment

• QuantumFX
          What?

Originally posted by Inst
          There is now a huge fight going on on SDF given interpretations of insider leaks, the Minnie Chan SCMP article, and so on, about whether the WS-15 will appear installed at Zhuhai this year, and whether it will be deployed on the J-20.

FYI, Deino, Blitzo, and latenlazy are vehemently against the notion as it goes against their current analysis, and they regard sources and source interpretation as either unreliable or just fradulent. Others are more enthusiastic, but the ultimate test will come down to what we see at Zhuhai.
          Ok, let's just wait until Zhuhai 2018. It is like 2-1/2 months away and Deino will be visiting the airshow for the 1st time. We might get some info on the WS-15, but I personally won't be surprised If China does not divulge any information officially regarding the WS-15 for several more years.

Comment

• Inst
            Rank 5 Registered User

Did you follow the AVIC listing; i.e, they're now listing WS-15 as a product in their stock exchange compliance sheet. At the very least, if the WS-15 does not show at Zhuhai, the WS-15 is definitely at an advanced stage, more advanced than PLA-watchers expected.

Gates not figuring out when the WS-15 would be released was probably based on intelligence estimates expecting the Chinese, as the United States did, to delay flight trials of their J-20 until the WS-15 was semi-ready, some time in the 2020s. However, if the WS-15 can IOC before 2020, that would be a major coup.

Of course, given how contentious our SDF argument has become, if the WS-15 is a no show, I'll be in deep trouble.

Comment

• Deino
              Rank 5 Registered User

To correct you my friend, there's no "huge fight going on on SDF" but a lone crusade by you alone against nearly all other members and NOT since "the notion as it goes against their current analysis" but simply since Minnie Chan has a horrible credibility and reliability, she has proven so often utterly wrong in her reports that truly no-one at the SDF - no-one but you - rate her word as a "source.

Therefore, quite to the contrary I would be more than happy to correct "my analysis", but it seems as if it's you who is too proud to admit that the sources have a reliability on Chinese matters like some other certain members here have in the PAK-FA thread.

Therefore I'm indeed annoyed that you continue this foul game now here in order to gain spectators but as you said, let's wait and see what happens in November.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
              My working week and my Sunday rest,
              My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
              I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
              Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
              Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
              For nothing now can ever come to any good.
              -------------------------------------------------
              W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• QuantumFX
                What?

J-10B SEAD, 2x YJ-91:

Comment

• QuantumFX
                  What?

Z-20:

Comment

• QuantumFX
                    What?

First it was the J-10C now it is the J-16's turn. J-16 with KD-88A training round.

Comment

• Blitzo
                      Rank 5 Registered User

@inst

Actually I have no issue with WS-15 potentially making an appearance at Zhuhai. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it did appear in any form, but I don't think it's impossible.

What I do think is impossible is the article's claim that WS-15 would see widespread installation on J-20s by the end of the year.

Deino did a good job of describing my position to Minne Chan's credibility and the overall way sources and credibility should be judged.

Comment

• QuantumFX
                        What?

J-10C (Pic 1) with KD-88A training round.

Comment

• QuantumFX
                          What?

J-20 pics,

Comment

• QuantumFX
                            What?

This is a head-scratcher.

Experimental, near-space balloon launched D18 drone series: D18-3S, D18-1S, and D18-2S

https://twitter.com/dafengcao/status...36417843056641
                            https://twitter.com/dafengcao/status...34676242206720
                            https://twitter.com/dafengcao/status...01353543196672
                            https://twitter.com/dafengcao/status...97342148653062

Comment

• QuantumFX
                              What?

J-10B TVC testbed nozzle. It seems this is heading for Zhuhai 2018

full size

full size

Comment

• QuantumFX
                                What?

More...

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Comment

• QuantumFX
                                  What?

More of the modified J-10B

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Comment

• QuantumFX
                                    What?

J-20 Zhuhai rehearsals -

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Comment

• QuantumFX
                                      What?

Sino X-31! J-10B Zhuhai rehearsals (Powered by WS-10B with an all-aspect 3D TVC nozzle)

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Comment

• ClanWarrior
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

Sino X-31! J-10B Zhuhai rehearsals (Powered by WS-10B with an all-aspect 3D TVC nozzle)
                                        Nice find QuantumFX, all we need now is for the video to turn up on YouTube.

Comment

• QuantumFX
                                          What?

Rear view...
                                          Full Size

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X