Thunderbird & Blue Angels crash

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

A Thunderbirds F16 has crashed, pilot ok & a Blue Angels F18 has also crashed, pilot status Unknown.

Original post

Member for

12 years 4 months

What a sad day.
I wonder if such has ever happened (simultaneous losses).

Member for

12 years 7 months

I wonder if such has ever happened (simultaneous losses).

I wondered the same thing myself after reading the news at work.

And word came down about an hour ago... no Thunderbirds at Kirtland AFB this weekend.

Member for

14 years 11 months

Deferred maintenance will most likely be the culprit here,, RIP to the Marine Corp pilot.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Deferred maintenance will most likely be the culprit here,, RIP to the Marine Corp pilot.

That's a very presumptuous and libellous statement, the cause will not be known until after an investigation, and any speculation is best left unsaid. :mad:

Member for

14 years 1 month

One of many possibilities, along with bird strike etc.

Member for

12 years 4 months

It's been almost a decade since the last Blue Angels crash, on April 21, 2007, when Lt. Cmdr. Kevin Davis became disoriented during a G-pull and crashed in the final minutes of the Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort Air Show in South Carolina.

Three years earlier, Lt. Ted Steelman suffered minor injuries after ejecting from his F/A-18, which suffered major engine structural damage when it struck the water off Perdido Key, Florida.

Source:
DefenseNews.com

Member for

17 years 8 months

Ironically the Thunderbirds crash happened just after the prez gave a speech - AT THE SAME EVENT - and had just spoke about promises to support our military in everything it does when word came back about it...