What tech will China farm from the Su-35

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

8 years 11 months

Yeeahhh haa! Its about time our Chinese friends
Done gone and done some good ol fashioned Suikkoi farmin. What do you reckon the crop will be?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245880[/ATTACH]

1. Them thar fancy Rushin engines?

2. Dat fancy new Russhin puter (The AESA)

3. Or just farm the whole dagone thing.

Yall discuss this now YipYip

Attachments
Original post

Member for

8 years 11 months

Yeeahhh haa! Its about time our Chinese friends
Done gone and done some good ol fashioned Suikkoi farmin. What do you reckon the crop will be?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245880[/ATTACH]

1. Them thar fancy Rushin engines?

2. Dat fancy new Russhin puter (The AESA)

3. Or just farm the whole dagone thing.

Yall discuss this now YipYip

Aww common it was funny? I don't even get a joke about my pedigree? No jokes about NOW you know why my grammer is so bad?

Member for

15 years 3 months

I'm more interested in seeing Pakistan going for Sukhoi's.
They do Come cheap these days with the weak Ruble

Member for

15 years 3 months

Aww common it was funny? I don't even get a joke about my pedigree? No jokes about NOW you know why my grammer is so bad?

Sir, I am sure you are a guy with a high IQ and many talents but Jokes/Comedy is clearly not one of those talents. :eagerness: :stupid:

On more serious note, what can they farm from an Su-35,

Well the one with serious value would be AL-41F1S. Not just the turbofan itself but how the TVC is integrated to the system. So far I have not seen a single Chinese flying engine with TVC. There are hundreds of homemade WS-9, WS-10 (and variants) with thrust and quality improving, thousands of older Turbojets also flying but a not a single flying TVC prototype. The only test reported AFAIK are ground test. So I think the most valuable parts would be the AL-41F1S and the TVC implementation, FBW integration etc.

Other parts I don't think, have much value. Remember this is an export version. It won't have any super-secret EW system. Su-35 doesn't even have an AESA unlike the T-50.

So, those are my 2 Rupees.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Well the one with serious value would be AL-41F1S. Not just the turbofan itself but how the TVC is integrated to the system. So far I have not seen a single Chinese flying engine with TVC. There are hundreds of homemade WS-9, WS-10 (and variants) with thrust and quality improving, thousands of older Turbojets also flying but a not a single flying TVC prototype. The only test reported AFAIK are ground test. So I think the most valuable parts would be the AL-41F1S and the TVC implementation, FBW integration etc.

Is China even interested in TVC, it's not an absolute requirement for any new generation fighter. USA and western Europe, for example don't seem to be all that interested in TVC, with the obvious exception of F-22? I could be wrong?:confused:

Member for

9 years 4 months

Chinese side still has not confirmed any su35 sale. its only the russians saying it.

but if assume if its true.. then not much
its no different than selling su-35 to the US. its a modern plane, but nothing new.
russia already moved on to a stealthier flanker derivative.
china has the j11d which in many areas, has things the su35 doesnt have
the only area where the su-35 can benefit china is the engines. china is weaker there.
hopefully it can be quickly reversed engineered and a new improved variant mass produced

Member for

20 years 7 months

Let's talk when the first Su-35 actually arrives in China. I predict we'll see a Chinese marked Su-35 when we see a homemade fighter from Vietnam or Uganda.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Another interesting point, who is gonna do the service intervall on the s117 engines.
Me things Russia..

Its not the average AL-31FN..

Member for

10 years 11 months

Let's talk when the first Su-35 actually arrives in China. I predict we'll see a Chinese marked Su-35 when we see a homemade fighter from Vietnam or Uganda.

Su-35s to china or vietnamese jets are probably far more likely to happen than a pakistani person becoming chinese
besides, there was an african country that produced this lovely jet, the Carver, which looks similar to the indian tejas
http://i.imgur.com/z7MXDm6.jpg

here's a really really bad CG I found on the interwebz
http://s9.postimg.org/hcgysn3gv/carver.jpg

Member for

20 years 7 months

Another interesting point, who is gonna do the service intervall on the s117 engines.
Me things Russia..

Its not the average AL-31FN..

Again, let's talk when we see the Su-35 in Chinese colors. This story comes up every year and we never see a PLAAF Su-35.

Unlike the fabled Chinese Su-35, we have photographic evidence of J-11Ds and J-16s with WS-10As. As well as the WS-20 (developed from the WS-10 core) on all four engine mounts of the IL testbed.

Member for

14 years 1 month

The run for first four (?) Chinese Su-35S has already been included in the KnAAZ production plans for 2016 (?), so I would consider it to be FAR more than just a rumor..

Member for

24 years 2 months

The run for first four (?) Chinese Su-35S has already been included in the KnAAZ production plans for 2016 (?), so I would consider it to be FAR more than just a rumor..

Any info on when they are planned to be delivered ?

Member for

20 years 7 months

Again. Let's talk when we actually see a Su-35 in PLAAF colors.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Any info on when they are planned to be delivered ?

Will have to find time to look for it, it was on airforce.ru, I think..

Member for

12 years 6 months

The calendar given in airforce.ru was:

- 4 in 2016
- 10 in 2017
- 10 in 2018.

Member for

17 years 9 months

The engines are the only technology that the Chinese will likely farm from the Su-35 (assuming that deliveries take place). The Chinese have already outgrown their reliance on Russian technology in every other respect.

Member for

12 years 7 months

China is going backward not forward in high tech area. look at outdated C919. outdated helicopters, outdated transport, cant built advance trainer without external support no long range sustain strike ability. Fighters cant carry big ET or big pods. if these trend of building uncompetitive product continues China will have to import a lot of Russian systems. as in couple of years China will not have the labor advantage of building so many products at same time.

http://atwonline.com/manufacturers/comac-extends-c919-flight-test-program-2019
COMAC extends C919 flight-test program into 2019

Member for

24 years 2 months

China is going backward not forward in high tech area. look at outdated C919. outdated helicopters, outdated transport, cant built advance trainer without external support no long range sustain strike ability. Fighters cant carry big ET or big pods. if these trend of building uncompetitive product continues China will have to import a lot of Russian systems. as in couple of years China will not have the labor advantage of building so many products at same time.

AMEN ... the mast of all-knowing has spoken again.

I think we can end that debate.