About RBE-2 AA radar

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

8 years 4 months

Back in 2011 it was said that UAE demands GMTI/T modes in the radar .. Is there any evidence that those modes are operational? .. And if not what operational effect that would cause ? .. And does that mean that Rafale cant identify or track ground moving targets with radar?

Original post

Member for

12 years 2 months

F3-R standard, in 2 yars. Answering you is a bit complicated as data are fusioned. Maybe you should have a look on Talios pod on Thales website?

Member for

8 years 4 months

F3-R standard, in 2 yars. Answering you is a bit complicated as data are fusioned. Maybe you should have a look on Talios pod on Thales website?

You are right .. I don't mean that Rafale cant track or target ground moving target this ability was already tested back in 2012 with a vehicle moving with speed 80km/h .. But i mean it cant do so using radar but only with Damocles or Talios pods .

And I don't know how much would that affect Rafale .. Meaning I don't know if the pod can track a a target while targeting another ? .. Could it fire on multiple targets simultaneously ?

American fighters for example have sniper pod but their AESA radars had GMTI/T modes .. Why not Rafale ?

I saw an old post for "Bluewings" :

After asking for help for the Nth time to my friend , MK2-5 pilot here in Dijon , he told me that what want the UAE is crystal clear :

- actually , the RBE2 (Pesa OR Aesa) is not capable to provide "velocity vectors" on moving ground targets (or fast moving boats) to the fire control system (to be able to put a weapon on it) because the logiciel (software code) hasn 't been written yet . So , GMTT/GMTI is only a matter of time and not a hardware bottleneck .

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?106727-Rafale-s-RBE2-AESA-pic-and-news!&p=1706263#post1706263

Member for

12 years 2 months

N RBE2 AA will have these capabilities with F3-R standard. Atm pilots have to switch between modes. One of the Rafale defaults. Will be fixed soon.

Member for

8 years 4 months

N RBE2 AA will have these capabilities with F3-R standard. Atm pilots have to switch between modes. One of the Rafale defaults. Will be fixed soon.

Could you provide me with source for these information , please ? I would like to read more about that

Member for

12 years 2 months

I do not think so, really. Sorry