Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haavarla
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Dec 2008

So back to Russian Airforce news again.

https://fightersweep.com/3684/3684/

VKS to receive 50 more Su-35S. This is also important due to Indonesia and China is mulling(more) contracts for the Su-35S.
    So to have the production lines running at KnAAZ is very important.

According to the source, initially, the Su-35S program was expected to pay its way after 72 aircraft had been built.
    If the contract with Indonesia is signed, a total of 134 fighters of the type will have been delivered to the customers before 2020.
    Also Interesting is the cost for a domestic contract is;

According to the source, the new order is valued at more than RUB60 billion (USD788 million) and the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Plant (KnAAZ, a Sukhoi affiliate) will build the aircraft.
    Personally i find this to be incorrect tho..
    Last edited by haavarla; 3rd May 2019, 19:25.
    Thanks

Comment

• LMFS
      Rank 4 Registered User
      • Feb 2018

haavarla

I think those are old news about an already signed and mostly completed contract.

Comment

• XB-70
        Rank 4 Registered User
        • May 2018

Yup, old news. Here's something a bit newer: weaponized Orion-E in 2021.

https://defense-update.com/20190403_orion-e.html

Comment

• Deino
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2000

Originally posted by haavarla View Post
          So back to Russian Airforce news again.

https://fightersweep.com/3684/3684/

VKS to receive 50 more Su-35S. This is also important due to Indonesia and China is mulling(more) contracts for the Su-35S.

Do You have a source for this? China negotiating on more Su-35s is popping up from time and time again, but so far I haven't seen any reliable confirmation.

Thanks,
          Deino

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
          My working week and my Sunday rest,
          My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
          I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
          Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
          Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
          For nothing now can ever come to any good.
          -------------------------------------------------
          W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• paralay
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Aug 2005

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion/...than-it-seems/

Comment

• Marcellogo
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jun 2014

You anticipated me Paralay, I also have saved the article but just in case a discussion on defence spending would resurface again.

So, i'll keep it the same, foor future uses.
              I would just add a thing, same I have posted in comment section.

Money for military spending in Russian case doesn't come, like in the west from citizen's and private enterprises revenues but in great part from the export of oil, gas, minerals and timber i.e. from big, centralized and state owned firms.
              They pass this money to other big, centralized and state owned firms, for acquiring high technology items at a reduced prize, while creating or maintaining workplaces in the process.
              Opposition to military spending is so almost non-existent in Russia and what is generally considered a weakness in macroeconomic terms is instead an excellent thing when it come to keeping an high level of defence spending.

Comment

• LMFS
                Rank 4 Registered User
                • Feb 2018

View from above: the MiG-31BM will be turned into the headquarters of the attack

"Combat aircraft" will have a unique automatic control system

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en...-v-shtab-ataki

Comment

• LMFS
                  Rank 4 Registered User
                  • Feb 2018

After the "Premier": for the VKS to develop new "flying radar"

The aircraft will be established on the basis of a civil airliner Tu-214

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en...iushchii-radar

Comment

• paralay
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Aug 2005

USA:
                    90 F-35 13.29 * 56 + 14.515 * 24 + 15.785 * 10 = 1250.45 t
                    17 КС-46А
                    11 MC-130J

Russia:
                    14 Su-30SM 18.86 * 14 = 264.04
                    12 Su-34 22 * 12 = 264
                    10 Su-35S 19.3 * 10 = 193
                    14 Yak-130 7.25 * 14 = 101.5
                    3 An-148
                    2 Tu-214PU-SBUS
                    2 Il-76MD-90A
                    1 IL-78M-90A

822.54 t

modernization:
                    1 Tu-160M1
                    4 Tu-95MSM
                    6 Su-27SM3 17.5 * 6 = 105
                    4 Su-25SM3 11.6 * 4 = 46.4
                    1 A-50U
                    10 MiG-31BM / C 21.545 * 10 = 215.45

366.85 t

Thus, the difference in new aircraft is 52% in favor of the United States.
                    Given the modernization of 5% in favor of the United States
                    Last edited by paralay; 5th May 2019, 10:36.

Comment

• stealthflanker
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by LMFS View Post
                      After the "Premier": for the VKS to develop new "flying radar"

The aircraft will be established on the basis of a civil airliner Tu-214

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en...iushchii-radar
                      Hmm Looks interesting. However the competition for export would be tough as the "medium" AEW market is atm quite saturated with Western and Chinese products. Mainly Western like Wedgetail and SAAB. Chinese also manages to secure some niche with the ZDK-03. Would be nice alternative anyway in case the customer cant by any means accessing western products but dont want Chinese.

Comment

• LMFS
                        Rank 4 Registered User
                        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by stealthflanker View Post

Hmm Looks interesting. However the competition for export would be tough as the "medium" AEW market is atm quite saturated with Western and Chinese products. Mainly Western like Wedgetail and SAAB. Chinese also manages to secure some niche with the ZDK-03. Would be nice alternative anyway in case the customer cant by any means accessing western products but dont want Chinese.
                        I think any non-aligned country would be very interested in buying a Russian, moderately low cost AEW/AWACS plane, especially if they already use Russian hardware for their air defence. Think how such a plane would increase the defensive potential of countries threatened by high intensity CM attacks like Venezuela or Syria for instance.

Comment

• LMFS
                          Rank 4 Registered User
                          • Feb 2018

The defense Ministry announced a tender for repairs of Soviet missiles

The Ministry of defense of Russia plans to spend 150 million rubles for the repair of Soviet aircraft guided missile of class "air air", follows from materials on the public procurement portal.

Only the Russian defense Ministry has placed two bids for "execution of works on repair of aircraft and guided missiles" of the type R-33 (the value of the contract as 94.5 million) and R-27 (55 million).

According to the documents, the R-33 should be fixed until 10 November 2020, and R-27 10 November this year. Performers will be determined by the results of closed auctions at the end of may.

R-27 is a Soviet guided missile of class "air - air" medium-range R-33 - long range.

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en...553285501.html

Comment

• LMFS
                            Rank 4 Registered User
                            • Feb 2018

Good article about the Il-112V program:

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en...-i-opk/6393214

Comment

• TR1
                              TR1
                              http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                              • Oct 2010

Pretty interesting, close up high quality footage of VKS airstrike on an undergound bunker in Idlib- clear use of BETAB concrete penetrating bombs. Unguided, but accuracy is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWOELkf2Yo8

sigpic

Comment

• stealthflanker
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by TR1 View Post
                                Pretty interesting, close up high quality footage of VKS airstrike on an undergound bunker in Idlib- clear use of BETAB concrete penetrating bombs. Unguided, but accuracy is good:

The bomb went so fast. O-O can only catch the glimpse of it.

Comment

• LMFS
                                  Rank 4 Registered User
                                  • Feb 2018

Contracted to create a super-heavy transport to replace the An-124 "Ruslan" report "Ilyushin"

07.05.2019 12:00:01
                                  Moscow. May 7. INTERFAX - Signed a contract to develop a super-heavy transport aircraft to replace the Ukrainian An-124 "Ruslan", the annual report of JSC "Il".
                                  "In the framework of development of works on creation of superheavy military transport aircraft (STWD) completed the pre-contract phase of work concluded the state contract on performance of 3-5 stages of the ROC "STTS", - stated in the document, published Tuesday in the Center of corporate disclosure.
                                  According to the report, in 2018 the company "Ilyushin" was also conducted preliminary work for implementation of scientific-research work "Research of ways of creation of a perspective aviation complex of the military transport aviation (NIR PAK VTA)".
                                  In addition, Il continues work on modernization and restoration of health and life extension of aircraft type An-124 with engines D-18T.
                                  In August 2018, the UAC President Yury Slyusar told Interfax that the possible shape of the perspective plane of the military transport aviation PAK VTA discussed with the defense Ministry. "We are now discussing with the Ministry of defence, the possible appearance of this aircraft, what characteristics he must possess, and so on. There are developments in this direction. But to proceed directly to the creation of a new car, we can only after all these issues with the customer," - said Yu. Slyusar.
                                  Earlier, Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov said that Russia will start research work (SRW) to create a new super-heavy transport to replace the "Ruslan" after 2025. "They Kirovskom plan at the end of the GPV (state armaments program for 2018 - 2027 years - Interfax)", - said Yuri Borisov to journalists, answering a question about plans to develop a new heavy aircraft to replace the An-124.
                                  In Russia the production of the An-124 ceased in 2003, but continues deep modernization and maintenance of airworthiness of the aircraft. During the period of existence of the Ulyanovsk aviation complex made 36 units An-124.

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en...507664&lang=RU

Comment

• haavarla
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TR1 View Post

Did i just count four BETAB penetrating?
                                    Thanks

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                                      Rank 6 Registered User
                                      • Feb 2018

http://tass.com/defense/1057358

MOSCOW, May 7. /TASS/. Russias air defense systems Pantsir and Tor-M1 shot down 27 rockets the militants had fired at the Hmeymim base on May 6. Not a single shell hit the base, the Russian center for the reconciliation of conflicting parties in Syria told the media.
                                      I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• LMFS
                                        Rank 4 Registered User
                                        • Feb 2018

The Russian military will receive six MiG-35 per year

Moscow. May 8. INTERFAX-AVN - the Russian defense Ministry, is expected to receive six MiG-35 every year, reported "Interfax" an informed source.

"It is planned to sign contract to the Russian Air and space forces had at least six cars a year", - said the Agency interlocutor on the prospects of the MiG-35.
                                        He noted that the military has already received the first two MiG-35 contract for six cars signed at the forum "Army-2018". "Already delivered two aircraft, and another four cars will go to the end of the year," the source said.
                                        In December 2018, the defense Ministry said that the Corporation "MiG" has completed the final Assembly of the first batch of aircraft for the delivery of videoconferencing and preparing to conduct their acceptance testing. However, to date, officially on the transfer of military first MiG-35 was not reported.
                                        Then, the Ministry stated that the crews of the State flight test centre (glits), the defense Ministry has launched an intensive flying experimental vehicles to test their maneuvering characteristics, and aerodynamic stability. In addition, military pilots have already begun to experience aircraft armament of the MiG-35 class "air-air" and "air-surface".
                                        22 August 2018 on the forum "Army-2018" the KLA and the defense Ministry signed a contract for delivery of six light fighter MiG-35 until 2023. Machines will be supplied in single and double (combat training) versions of the MiG - 35S and MiG-35УБ.
                                        The President of UAC Yury Slyusar announced in an interview to "Interfax" that the delivery of these six cars will be completed in 2019, and the mass production of fighters to begin after 2020.

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en...507725&lang=RU

Comment

• LMFS
                                          Rank 4 Registered User
                                          • Feb 2018

Russian upgraded Su-25 attack aircraft to get sighting system with artificial intelligence The target acquisition system with artificial intelligence will be able to independently identify hostile targets, keep them in sight and guide missiles

Su-25SM attack aircraft

Yuri Smityuk/TASS

MOSCOW, May 8. /TASS/. Russias upgraded Su-25SM3 attack aircraft will get an onboard target acquisition and sighting system with artificial intelligence elements to allow pilots to strike designated targets actually without their participation, a source in the defense industry told TASS on Wednesday.
                                          "As part of further upgrade of attack aircraft, the latest Su-25SM3 versions will be furnished with a new sighting system. It will be fully automated and a pilot will only have to select a target on the screen and all the rest will be done by artificial intelligence," the source said.

The target acquisition system with artificial intelligence will be able to independently identify hostile targets, keep them in sight and guide missiles. The new technology has been integrated into the unified troop command and control system, which allows mapping an optimal route towards the target and the trajectory of using weapons. Upgraded attack aircraft will also be able to receive data on targets from external sources through the command and control system.
                                          A source in the aircraft-building industry earlier told TASS that the upgraded Mi-28NM attack helicopter would get a similar system with artificial intelligence.
                                          Expert opinion

As Editor-in-Chief of the Arsenal of the Fatherland journal Viktor Murakhovsky told TASS, the new system is capable of accomplishing a whole range of tasks. "This includes re-targeting during a flight, the issuance of new flight assignments and integration into the battlefield reconnaissance and information space," he said.
                                          The new target acquisition system really features artificial intelligence elements, the chief editor said. "When picking a target, the aircrafts onboard information and control system automatically maps the most optimal route towards this target in compliance with the selected tactics The system can also offer options for employing the weapon payload against such a target, the variants of tactical and air maneuvers with regard to this target," the expert explained.
                                          Besides, the attack aircraft equipped with this system can guide weapons using target acquisition from external sources, the expert said.
                                          "It can get target acquisition from ground-based hardware, for example, from the Strelets reconnaissance, control and communications system [part of the Ratnik soldier combat gear]," the expert concluded.
                                          The Su-25SM3 is a modernized version of the Su-25 attack aircraft. The plane is capable of destroying small-size ground installations and air targets at any time of day or night. The attack aircrafts combat efficiency has increased threefold compared to other modifications. As distinct from its predecessors, the upgraded aircraft is equipped with the Glonass satellite navigation system that offers a possibility of programming a final point on the map with an accuracy of up to 10 meters while the cockpit has a digital display with an option of projecting the ground and air situation.

More:
                                          http://tass.com/defense/1057440

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X