Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (0 members and 8 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a89
    a89
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Sep 2011

Yeah, to tell the truth, i am a little surprised that they kept the third seat in cockpit, it must be completely redundant by now.. however it sure keeps a nice seat view for the rest of the crew. Think it a total of four now. Was five or six before.
    I am not sure for the Il-76MD-90A, but keeping the 3 men cockpit was a request of the Russian MoD in the Il-112V. It is handy when operating from basic airfields without much assistance.
    History and Military Technology blog

alejandro-8en.blogspot.com

Comment

• XB-70
      Rank 4 Registered User
      • May 2018

The VIAM article is a good find, Austin. The scalable core that they built with Aviadvigatel is probably the most important project in the Russian aviation industry right now as it opens up so many present and future opportunities. It will be interesting to see how they evolve it. Initial info in the contract docs for PD-35 looks quite promising, but he didn't touch on CMCs in the interview and focused more on the metallurgy going into their designs. I see he mentioned an overall pressure ratio of 61 (as a long term goal), however. No doubt influenced by GE9X.

Comment

• TR1
        TR1
        http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
        • Oct 2010

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/6364084

Interesting- plans to replace all 18 MiG-29s operating in Armenia with Su-30SM, over 2020-2021. I guess that is where the additional batch (or at least part of it) that will be ordered from Irkut after the current contract soon runs out will go.
        Also makes sense in light of Armenia finally getting its own Su-30SMs soon, they can train with VKS and bum off their spares and support.

I wonder what will happen to those MiGs, they were some of the newer, relatively, air-frames produced and underwent overhaul a few years back.
        Also curious where the new MiG-35s that VKS is ordering will now go. One of them had its first flight recently:

Click image for larger version

Name:	248027.jpg
Views:	2181
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	3860388
        sigpic

Comment

• LMFS
          Rank 4 Registered User
          • Feb 2018

TR1

Some say the MiG-35 will just go to Kubinka with the 237 TsPAT while VKS has no real interest on the aeroplane and is substituting the MiG-29s with the Su-30SM instead of MiG-35. Statements from officials have been that the MiG-35 is the future of the VKS though, we have so wait and see. Personally I think the export success of the plane needs a more serious installed base in the VKS than 6 planes with the Swifts.

EDIT:
          Some claims here that this is not a serial unit but one of the two pre-production ones contracted in 2017
          https://weaponews.com/news/65350044-...-mig-35ub.html
          Last edited by LMFS; 23rd April 2019, 12:10.

Comment

• stealthflanker
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Sep 2015

and talking about MiG really reminds me of Phazotron... when they will finally finish the Zhuk AE/FGA-35 ?

The NIIP's N036 already entering Ryazan's serial production facility. Thus in much better shape in terms of maturity, but by no means this radar will have MiG offspring. unlike Osa or Bars-29.

Comment

• Austin
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Oct 2003

IL-96-500T will transport parts of the missile to the East

https://aviation21.ru/il-96-500t-bud...na-vostochnyj/
              "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                Rank 6 Registered User
                • Feb 2018

Admin at Russia defense net can accept anymore users. I am guessing he needs to set up more servers to provide better efficient load balancing to handle more requests before I can even start an account over there(I hope he resolves the issue later). Either way I am throwing some info.

http://tass.com/defense/1054964 "Sudans new authorities may show interest in hosting a Russian naval base, Head of the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies Center of the Near and Middle East Vladimir Fitin told TASS on Monday.

He pointed out that "former President Omar al-Bashirs government offered to host a Russian naval base, so there are numerous opportunities to boost ties and cooperation."

https://www.rt.com/news/457124-tartu...-syria-russia/

"
                Russian businesses gaining access to Tartus will not just boost trade between the two countries but will primarily enable Syria's economy to recover, Borisov emphasized. The sides will put their signatures under the deal within the next seven days, the deputy PM promised."

http://tass.com/defense/1055188
                "The Project 09852 special-purpose nuclear-powered submarine Belgorod that will be the first carrier of Poseidon strategic underwater drones was floated out at the Sevmash Shipyard in north Russia on Tuesday, TASS reports from the scene."

Also a random question I have heard the Yasen-M has like 10 VLS which can carry 40 oniks. Oniks in length is 8.9 meters while the tested mach 9 plasma covered manuvering scramjet zircon missile are estimated 8-10 meters. Does anyone have any size references as to what the diameter of the Zircon missile would be? I am assuming the Yasen-M could start lobbing 40 zircons if they want. There are like 8 torpedo tubes for the Yasen-M so I am assuming 8 futlyar torpedos can be launched is this correct?

I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• LMFS
                  Rank 4 Registered User
                  • Feb 2018

panzerfeist1

There is a RuN thread on naval aviation and a general discussion subforum. Would discuss such issues but excuse that I don't do it just here.

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                    Rank 6 Registered User
                    • Feb 2018

LMFS

​​​​​​​Thanks for the advice i will look it up.
                    I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• LMFS
                      Rank 4 Registered User
                      • Feb 2018

The Il-112V "lose weight" with a stock

Published 20.04.2019 | @AviaRu |2 847

During the first study in the zero years of documentation on passenger aircraft Il-112 Ilyushin design Bureau found that the projected military transport vehicle will be a few peretyazhelena. But, as in 2010, the topic is closed, in this state, documentation lay before resuming in 2014. About it in interview to the edition Aviation Explorer told the Chief designer of AK them. Ilyushin Nikolay Talikov.
                      By 2014, KB was reorganised, and there was also a change of generations. The new management at the expense of quality sought quickly release design documentation. The task of weighing the design has gone by the wayside. In the end, the documentation and found the errors and omissions, and excess weight was 2.5 tons.
                      After serious complaints against the Ministry of defence, the Bureau developed specific activities which are currently implemented in serial production. Was released a schedule approved by the KLA in June 2018. Was issued an internal order for all developers, reducing the weight of the aircraft will be paid a premium. EDO has appealed to all partners-developers, urging them to make every effort to reduce the mass purchase of components.
                      By the beginning of may 2019 could reduce the weight of the aircraft at 2082 kg 500 kg will be removed in the course of works on modernization of aircraft and equipment, the transition to electric remote control system, optimization of the hydraulic system. This set of measures will allow to reduce weight of the aircraft at 2472 kg. All the updates will be implemented on the following machine (0103), the shape of which will comply fully with all subsequent production machines.
                      In addition to airframe several peretyagina and turned the engine TV7-117СТ. The developer - JSC "ODK-Klimov" have to reduce the weight of the motor is 90 kg, the corresponding work is carried out. Until the end of the test plane engine weight will be reduced.
                      All-Russian scientific research Institute of aviation materials (VIAM) is also involved in work to reduce the weight of the aircraft from the point of view of application of new materials. To date, the Il-112V is used quite a lot of composites, mainly in secondary structures, which does not affect the power circuit. The transition plan from duralumin alloys aluminum-lithium, which will reduce the weight of the plane is approximately 150 kg.

aviation21.ru/il-112v-poxudeet-s-zapasom/

Comment

• LMFS
                        Rank 4 Registered User
                        • Feb 2018

The Ministry of defence will reconstruct more than 100 airfields until 2028 - Shoigu
                        26.04.2019 11:56:00
                        *** Will create infrastructure for advanced aircraft-complex

Moscow. April 26. INTERFAX - Scale reconstruction of the airfield network in more operational application of the aircraft and its safe operation begins, the Russian defense Ministry, said Russian defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.
                        "Currently, the Ministry of defence prepares a draft plan for the reconstruction and repair of the 106 airports,"- said Shoigu on Friday at a meeting of the Collegium of the Ministry of defence.
                        In particular, he said, it is planned to repair more than 13 million square meters of artificial coverings of the airfield.
                        In addition, continued Sergei Shoigu, over 700 objects of air traffic control, energy supply, maintenance and repair of aircraft, as well as created infrastructure for advanced aircraft-complex.
                        He said, "the further development of the airfield network of the Armed forces will provide more operational use of the aircraft and its safe operation".
                        The Minister said that this work is carried out in the framework of the plan, which is designed to 2028.
                        According to S. Shoygu, during the last five years reconstruction of artificial runways, 12 airfields. It's the airports, "Akhtubinsk", "Vityazevo", "Yeysk", "Korenovsk", "Krymsk", "Lipetsk", "Mozdok", "Privolzhskiy", "Severomorsk-1", "Chkalovsk", "Chkalovskaya" and "Engels".
                        Currently, work is continuing on four airfields - "Baltimore", "Steppe", "Nagurskaya" and "Pace", the Minister said, noting that two of them are located in the Arctic zone.
                        He also said that in 2019 it is planned to build six modern flight simulators on the ground "Vyaz'ma", "Domna", "Morozovsk", "Pushkin", "Torzhok "Ryazan".
                        https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en...507067&lang=RU

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                          Rank 6 Registered User
                          • Feb 2018

https://es.rbth.com/technologias/82
                          989-mexico-interesado-sustituir-f-5
                          -eeuu-cazas-rusos-mig-29

Mexico is interested in replacing their F-5s with mig-29s.

Comment

• Marcellogo
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by panzerfeist1 View Post
                            -eeuu-cazas-rusos-mig-29

In this case it would need to buy them second-hand as all the new airframes produced by russians would be called MiG-35 anyway...

Comment

• haavarla
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Dec 2008

A very smooth Promo vid of Su-34.
                              I have not seen this before.. shame on me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGFp77GU2eI
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by panzerfeist1 View Post
                                -eeuu-cazas-rusos-mig-29

In a case of Mexico something like a Light Attack / Fighter Version of the Yak-130 or M-346 (for example) would be a far better option.

"IMHO"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yakovlev Yak-130 Mitten 01.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	3860883Click image for larger version

Name:	Defence Aircraft - SP M-346FA_foto1.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	3860884

Comment

• haavarla
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Dec 2008

For once i agree with Scoot here.
                                  However, Mexico could end up with some Yak-130 too.

What kind of trainers do Mexico have now?
                                  Thanks

Comment

What have I been saying all along..............

https://worldview.stratfor.com/artic...tself-tailspin

Comment

Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                                      For once i agree with Scoot here.
                                      However, Mexico could end up with some Yak-130 too.

What kind of trainers do Mexico have now?
                                      Just Turboprops.....mainly PC-7's, T-6's, and G 120's.

Comment

• haavarla
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                                        What have I been saying all along..............

https://worldview.stratfor.com/artic...tself-tailspin
                                        I read the first line of that Pentagon sponsored PowerPoint, where it pointed out Russian Domestic military budget and Russian Military export limitations.

At that point i stopped reading any further. Why?
                                        Cause if you bother to do your own research on the web, you will find that Russian Defence budget has risen by a yearly level, as only to decrease in 2018/19.
                                        And as for Russian Military Export, well bombshell incoming!;
                                        Its at an all time high.

So what have you been saying all along Scooter?
                                        Last edited by haavarla; 1st May 2019, 08:29.
                                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by haavarla View Post

I read the first line of that Pentagon sponsored PowerPoint, where it pointed out Russian Domestic military budget and Russian Military export limitations.

At that point i stopped reading any further. Why?
                                          Cause if you bother to do your own research on the web, you will find that Russian Defence budget has risen by a yearly level, as only to decrease in 2018/19.
                                          And as for Russian Military Export, well bombshell incoming!;
                                          Its at an all time high.

So what have you been saying all along Scooter?
                                          Sorry, try again as the Russian Defense Budget is "declining". They just can't afford the massive funding to even keep the existing equipment going. Let alone develop new equipment and replace it....

Yet, you care to debate program by program. I am game..........What you want to start with Warships (Aircraft Carriers, Destroyers, Cruisers) or maybe Armor or Fighters and Bombers???

QUOTE:

The 1.44 trillion ruble allocation actually represents a significant drop in expected annual procurement the government initially planned to spend twice that amount as part of a 2011-2020 modernization drive.

Faced with plummeting oil prices, though, Russia had little choice but to slash its defense budget starting in 2017, when it cut expenditures for the ministry by 5%.

The lack of funds has forced Russia's military planners to make some hard decisions on where to allocate the Defense Ministry's precious rubles as part of coordinated efforts to modernize the country's large number of outdated, Soviet-era weapons systems.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...ization-2019-1

Russia has fallen out of the top five defense spending countries for the first time since 2006 after its spending decreased by 3.5 percent from 2017 to 2018, according to a new report published by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).

Russia has expanded its military presence abroad in recent years, with its 2014 annexation of Crimea and involvement in the Syrian conflict serving as examples. However, the economic impacts of Western sanctions and low oil prices have negatively affected the state budget.

AD

Learn more

LEARN MORE

Blue Billywig Video Player

The share of world military expenditures of the 15 countries with the highest spending in 2018. SIPRI Military Expenditure Database
                                          Russia now ranks sixth in the world for defense spending, with $61.4 billion in expenditures in 2018 compared to $66.3 billion the year before. The Swedish think tank said that the decrease was part of a longer trend in defense expenditure decrease in the country.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/...nk-tank-a65418

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X