Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (1 members and 7 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panzerfeist1
    Rank 6 Registered User
    • Feb 2018

https://www.rbth.com/science-and-tech/330126-s-500

"
    A separate ultra-long-range guided missile, coined the 40N6, is also being developed for the new air defense system. Its new automatic homing head will enable it to flirt with Earths orbit while independently identifying targets in space before intercepting them. In the
    past
    all these functions were performed by radars that were part of the air defense system, but the new missile will essentially have a mind of its own."

Does anyone have information on the name of this missiles homing head(example r-77 having Agat and aam-4b having j/apg-2)? Do not know if this counts as cheating for stealth aircrafts but I have heard from sources some vhf and uhf radars can be 100 meters or more off target and it seems that the evolution of X-band radars on missiles is getting to the point that it can easily fix the target accuracy of low frequency radars by doing the rest with its radar beam as long as it is sent to the right location and being close enough to do the rest.
    Last edited by panzerfeist1; 2nd April 2019, 01:31.
    I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by LMFS View Post
      Again, they always produce small batches, look the Su-35 for instance. That keeps the manufacturer honest, if they don't deliver properly the MoD hangs them to dry. It seems to work.

No, only 2 are on order. For the rest 13 for an initial first batch of 15, a contract is expected to be signed in 2020 but until then there is nothing official.

And I will trust you with those figures when your following prophecies happen:

> Turkey does not buy the S-400 && gets the F-35 instead.
      > Russia buys the FC-31 or J-31, whatever its name is instead of China getting the Su-57

If you are right I promise to praise your supernatural powers. If not prepare to get truckloads of beers for the whole forum

You have no idea what you're talking about. Which, speaks volumes......

Why don't you go on a Star Wars Forum and talk about X-Wing or Tie Fighters. Maybe you'll gave more luck....

Comment

• LMFS
        Rank 4 Registered User
        • Feb 2018

These data are taken from nobody-knows-where so it is difficult to know what the seeker will be.

40N6 is the longest range missile for S-400 BTW.

As to targeting of stealth targets (or using the missile beyond radar horizon) from what I understand is pretty much thinkable to use the ARH of the missile to do the kill, resolution of low frequency radars is not that bad that cannot allow to guide a missile to the immediate surroundings of the target. But I would not recall any 100% confirmation or further details that I could link sorry.

Originally posted by Scooter

Why don't you go on a Star Wars Forum and talk about X-Wing or Tie Fighters. Maybe you'll gave more luck....
        Let's wait a few months and we will see who should try luck with the Tie fighters

Comment

• haavarla
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

Listen Troll face. How many aircraft did they order for the First Su-30SM back in 2013?
          2 UNITS!

How many Su-34 Did they first order back in 2006?
          2 UNITS! It was 6 a few years later, then 12 then 96, etc etc

How many Su-35S did they first order after the four prototypes, back in 2011'ish?
          Wait for it.. 6 UNITS! Followed soon by 48 units, etc.

How many of these Aircraft has been produced by now and the production line are still ticking?
          Btw that was more of a retorical Q, since you are both clueless and ignorant, and seldom reply to direct Questions in this forum. Let me try, 200, 200 and 100 is soon in reach for all three types.

So back to the point. LMFS are correct, Sukhoi and UAC has ALWAYS ordered small batches at first when it comes to new Frontline jets being developed.
          Su-57 is following the same trend.
          Last edited by haavarla; 2nd April 2019, 03:08.
          Thanks

Comment

• haavarla
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Dec 2008

I said several hundred or maybe a thousands. Nonetheless, how many 5th Generation Stealth Fighters is the Russian Air Force going to need for the next 20+ years???
            Hard to predict, we are talking many decades from now But for perspective,. it could be higher then France Rafale fleet or UK's EF fleet.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by haavarla View Post

Listen Troll face. How many aircraft did they order for the First Su-30SM back in 2013?
              2 UNITS!

How many Su-34 Did they first order back in 2006?
              2 UNITS! It was 6 a few years later, then 12 then 96, etc etc

How many Su-35S did they first order after the four prototypes, back in 2011'ish?
              Wait for it.. 6 UNITS! Followed soon by 48 units, etc.

How many of these Aircraft has been produced by now and the production line are still ticking?
              Btw that was more of a retorical Q, since you are both clueless and ignorant, and seldom reply to direct Questions in this forum. Let me try, 200, 200 and 100 is soon in reach for all three types.

So back to the point. LMFS are correct, Sukhoi and UAC has ALWAYS ordered small batches at first when it comes to new Frontline jets being developed.
              Su-57 is following the same trend.
              The cold hard truth is the Su-57 is pretty much a failure as a program. So, best Russia can do is save what it can. Which, is why it has only ordered a very small number of aircraft. These can be used as "Demonstrators" and to keep Sukhoi doors open.

Russia has no intention of "mass" producing the Su-57. Unless, it could find a major partner to fund the program. Yet, very little interest in the aircraft on the export market. So, prospects look pretty grim....

Comment

Originally posted by haavarla View Post

Hard to predict, we are talking many decades from now But for perspective,. it could be higher then France Rafale fleet or UK's EF fleet.
                The market place will have "thousands" of Stealth Fighters by 2030...I think it is safe to say Russia would need several hundred at least. Even then that would be an extremely modest number. Considering that Russia has the largest "Territory" of any nation on the planet.

So, Russia better start building hundreds of fighters annually. If, it has any hope of competing....

Anybody think Russia is going to start building vast numbers of Su-57's in the coming decade???

Comment

Originally posted by LMFS View Post

Let's wait a few months and we will see who should try luck with the Tie fighters

Happy too....

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                    Rank 6 Registered User
                    • Feb 2018

Scooter

"
                    The cold hard truth is the Su-57 is pretty much a failure as a program. So, best Russia can do is save what it can"

April fools is finished. Can you go bother them
                    http://www.f-16.net/

I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerfeist1 View Post
                      Scooter

"
                      The cold hard truth is the Su-57 is pretty much a failure as a program. So, best Russia can do is save what it can"

April fools is finished. Can you go bother them
                      http://www.f-16.net/

Sorry, if the truth hurts. Yet, that is easily supportable.....

Russia currently has ordered just a handful of Su-57's. While, it's only partner in the program. (India) Left because of shortcomings in the design.

In addition we've seen no interest in the type on the export market. Regardless, how hard Russia has tried to sell it....
                      Last edited by Scooter; 2nd April 2019, 04:04.

Comment

Yet, feel free to live in your "fantasy world". Where the Su-57 is the best Stealth Fighter on the planet. While, Russia will build vast numbers of them.......

LOL

Comment

• RadDisconnect
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Jul 2013

It's funny that even on f-16.net no one takes his J-31 bull**** seriously.

Comment

• RadDisconnect
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jul 2013

Sorry, if the truth hurts. Yet, that is easily supportable.....

Russia currently has ordered just a handful of Su-57's. While, it's only partner in the program. (India) Left because of shortcomings in the design.

In addition we've seen no interest in the type on the export market. Regardless, how hard Russia has tried to sell it....
                            You should read about classic Soviet method of buying new aircraft before you keep talking more nonsense. You're an embarrassment for US posters here.

Comment

Originally posted by RadDisconnect View Post

You should read about classic Soviet method of buying new aircraft before you keep talking more nonsense. You're an embarrassment for US posters here.
                              Laughable and I suggest you take a good look in the mirror. Before you cast any stones....

As Russia has only recently order aircraft in small batches. Even then just because that can't "afford" to order them in larger numbers. Good examples of this is Su-30SM's and Su-35's.

Also, in addition while it's not uncommon for many nations to place small orders yearly. Then still have a large number planned and buy them in batches over time. For example the UK plan on buying 138 F-35's. Yet, buy them in small orders over time. Yet, they are committed to the 138 nonetheless....

While, Russia had similar plans for the PAK-FA (now Su-57) That all went out the door. After the program suffered major shortcomings and India left the program.....

Comment

• blackwood
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Dec 2011

Laughable and I suggest you take a good look in the mirror. Before you cast any stones....

As Russia has only recently order aircraft in small batches. Even then just because that can't "afford" to order them in larger numbers. Good examples of this is Su-30SM's and Su-35's.

Also, in addition while it's not uncommon for many nations to place small orders yearly. Then still have a large number planned and buy them in batches over time. For example the UK plan on buying 138 F-35's. Yet, buy them in small orders over time. Yet, they are committed to the 138 nonetheless....

While, Russia had similar plans for the PAK-FA (now Su-57) That all went out the door. After the program suffered major shortcomings and India left the program.....

You are so tied up with this, chill out.
                                Have a life and enjoy it, life is more important then this.
                                Time tells all, i disagree with you totally, time will tell.
                                The US is the only airforce that can afford 1000s planes of one model, every other country is lucky to get 100s as with both Russia and China. So what your saying has no point.
                                Nobodies going to invade Russia, build 100-300 of one model over 20yrs to face 500 F-35s on one field, as invading russia with F-35s will never happen, we will all be gone the day it happens

Comment

Originally posted by blackwood View Post

You are so tied up with this, chill out.
                                  Have a life and enjoy it, life is more important then this.
                                  Time tells all, i disagree with you totally, time will tell.
                                  The US is the only airforce that can afford 1000s planes of one model, every other country is lucky to get 100s as with both Russia and China. So what your saying has no point.
                                  Nobodies going to invade Russia, build 100-300 of one model over 20yrs to face 500 F-35s on one field, as invading russia with F-35s will never happen, we will all be gone the day it happens
                                  I am hardly excited.....Just pointing out the facts as I see them.

It just get's old hearing all of these wild claims about the Su-57. Yet, most are not supportable and most far more fantasy than fact.

Comment

• Lt Anderson
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Oct 2013

The cold hard truth is the Su-57 is pretty much a failure as a program. So, best Russia can do is save what it can. Which, is why it has only ordered a very small number of aircraft. These can be used as "Demonstrators" and to keep Sukhoi doors open.

Russia has no intention of "mass" producing the Su-57. Unless, it could find a major partner to fund the program. Yet, very little interest in the aircraft on the export market. So, prospects look pretty grim....

Boooooring...
                                    You know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Anderson View Post

Boooooring...
                                      You know nothing.
                                      What do you know??? Please, enlighten us.........

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Anderson View Post

Boooooring...
                                        You know nothing.
                                        Really, you joined in 2013 and have 271 posts??? In addition I searched your history and very little but single one liners.....

So, spare us your great knowledge on the subject matter.

Comment

• Lt Anderson
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Oct 2013

What do you know??? Please, enlighten us.........
                                          Did I say I know something? Only you know nothing.
                                          You waste your time and your health.
                                          I'd like real infos, not rumors.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X