Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scorpion82
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by edi_right_round View Post
    But the targeting pod,where is the targeting pod?
    You don't need a targeting pod for dropping dumb bombs.

joking aside are there any particular information availabme on that T-220? Is it related to the 101KS-N or something entirely different?

Comment

• stealthflanker
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Scorpion82 View Post

You don't need a targeting pod for dropping dumb bombs.

joking aside are there any particular information availabme on that T-220? Is it related to the 101KS-N or something entirely different?
      Entirely different. as T-220 is made by NPK SPP while the 101KS series is made by UOMZ.

Unfortunately there is no real disclosure/brochure info yet, as far as i can see.

Comment

• Scorpion82
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jul 2005

Thank you for clarification Stealhflanker. I suppose the "T" implies IR. Wonder why the Russians develope so many different equipments for the same purpose. Possibly to sustain a diverse industrial basis and keep up a healthy competition, at the expense of the costs incurred by logistic burden and standardisation.

Comment

• stealthflanker
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Sep 2015

Wait, there is one though it's bit blurry

Click image for larger version

Name:	5d1l5g.jpg
Views:	2958
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	3853294

The NPK-SPP apparently responsible for the whole optronics for both Su-35 and MiG-35. The T-220 targeting pod spec is thre. tho it's hard to make anything out of the poster.

Comment

• Scorpion82
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jul 2005

Thanks for sharing. From the data visible I would say:
            1.) FoR azimuth/elevation
            2.) TV camera frequency and supported FoVs
            3.) IR camera frequency and FoVs
            4.) Laser designator frequency
            5.) Laser range finder frequency / Laser spot search FoV?
            6.) Dimensions of the pod

Maybe some Russian speaking poster can confirm/correct my interpretation of the data as a non-Russian speaker.

Comment

• edi_right_round
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Scorpion82 View Post
              Thanks for sharing. From the data visible I would say:
              1.) FoR azimuth/elevation
              2.) TV camera frequency and supported FoVs
              3.) IR camera frequency and FoVs
              4.) Laser designator frequency
              5.) Laser range finder frequency / Laser spot search FoV?
              6.) Dimensions of the pod

Maybe some Russian speaking poster can confirm/correct my interpretation of the data as a non-Russian speaker.

Probably comparable to Western pods from 15 years ago,maybe Lantirn level

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                Rank 6 Registered User
                • Feb 2018

http://tass.com/defense/1046997 S-500 to be tested by military officers this year.
                I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• Sab3r329
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Apr 2016

Lmao, and you have evidence for this right?

Comment

• haavarla
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sab3r329 View Post
                    Reading comprehension not that good?

Let me quote the text then.

S-500 defense system.
                    Read also
                    Putin calls to prepare S-500 missile system for mass production

"I would like to note that in 2019, the first group of officers will complete the academys course to use the S-500 systems. The systems are yet to enter service, but we expect them to do so in the near future," he said.

"In the end of the year, the center is expected to receive first S-350 Vityaz systems," the general added.

Earlier, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said the delivery of S-500 systems to Russian troops will begin in 2020. Depending on the type of missiles it is equipped with, the system will be able to shoot down both air-breathing targets, such as planes and drones, and ballistic missiles. According to earlier Western media reports, Russias advanced system hit a target a distance of 481.2 km, exceeding the previous record by 80 km.
                    Last edited by haavarla; 1st March 2019, 22:14.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Sab3r329
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by haavarla View Post

Reading comprehension not that good?

Let me quote the text then.

S-500 defense system.
                      Read also
                      Putin calls to prepare S-500 missile system for mass production

?????

I was responding to edi_right_round on his targeting pod comment, don't know what you're on about with the S-500.

Comment

• haavarla
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Dec 2008

Sorry my bad. I thought u responded to panzerfiest post..
                        I often reply to post without any quote, but i do answer with members name if nothing else.
                        Like this, @edi ...
                        Thanks

Comment

• edi_right_round
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Sab3r329 View Post
                          Evidence like super duper Platan and the expressed readiness to buy Damocles 10 years ago?

Comment

• Sab3r329
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by edi_right_round View Post

Evidence like super duper Platan and the expressed readiness to buy Damocles 10 years ago?
                            Let me know when you come up with something actually concrete as to the state of PAK-FA's TGP and the T-220, not information from 10 years ago, thanks.

Comment

• Acatomic
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jan 2010

Click image for larger version  Name:	65178_110256797_y2mate.com - 100_5Lfv5D_0hBM_1080p[17-13-07].JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	3856126

From http:// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lfv5D_0hBM Thanks to sasans23 for finding this.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Acatomic; 16th March 2019, 17:34.

Comment

• Austin
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Oct 2003

Engine Sucessfully Tested by Foundation for Advanced Studies a Russian equivalent of DARPA for High Speed Aircraft , Pictures inside the link

https://fpi.gov.ru/projects/fiziko-t...tsionnyy-pvrd/

DETONATION RAMJET Engine for high-speed aircraft
                                Joint project

The goal of the project is the manufacture and carrying out of bench tests with imitation of the conditions of high-speed flight of a full-size demonstrator of a detonation direct-flow-jet engine (RAMJET) for a high-speed aircraft. In the course of the project, it was necessary to explore the possibilities of increasing the engine thrust and economic characteristics by organizing detonation combustion, as well as ways to ensure the efficiency of the engine design in the flow of hydrocarbon fuel combustion products. In addition, work was to be carried out to study the possibility of providing supersonic combustion of liquid hydrocarbon fuel in a ramjet combustion chamber.

The novelty of these studies is determined by the use of fundamentally new ways of organizing the working process in the combustion chamber of a high-speed ramjet engine and using high-performance ceramic-matrix composites with specific properties to create its design. These materials have a low density and make it possible to ensure the operability of the combustion chamber wall without a cooling system for a specified time.

Project Result

The project was successfully completed on January 31, 2018. For the first time in the world, the possibility of implementing continuous spin detonation on an air-fuel mixture in a supersonic flow and its successful use in a ramjet engine was experimentally confirmed, and the correctness of the choice of the geometry of the flow path was experimentally confirmed. A full-size DPDGD demonstrator with an OVC was manufactured and successful tests were performed in a free stream at simulating high-speed flight conditions.
                                "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• Austin
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Oct 2003

Sukhoi LMFI proposal for Single Engine Fighter 20 years back .......via Paralay

Comment

• paralay
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Aug 2005

S-21

Comment

• Austin
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by paralay View Post
                                      S-21
                                      Is that Sukhoi LMFI proposal , Any picture of Mig proposal for LMFI ?

Comment

• Flanker_man
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Jan 2000

I don't know what it represents, but I photgraphed this model inside a glass cabinet at the Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI) on 4 September 2006.....

Probably just a model exercise by MAI students ??

More photos from MAI here :- http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/mos2006_day02.html (scroll down past Khodynka pics)

Ken
                                        Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast.
                                        Flankers (& others) website at :-
                                        http://flankers.co.uk/

Comment

• paralay
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                                          Is that Sukhoi LMFI proposal , Any picture of Mig proposal for LMFI ?
                                          Fighter S-21 belongs to the program PAK FA. RSK MiG offered further development of the MiG-29. There was a single-engine version, it was offered to India instead of FGFA, but nothing is known about it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2510%20(7).png Views:	0 Size:	134.3 KB ID:	3857050

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X