Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (0 members and 8 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMFS
    Rank 4 Registered User
    • Feb 2018

I find it intriguing, why on earth would they start one additional fighter development program for a niche plane like a STOVL, while they are still missing a new light fighter. Maybe they see export potential? The CTOL design would have much bigger market IMO

A navalized Su-57 could (easily) take off fully loaded from a sly jump with a 100 take-off run. The issue is AWACS/ AEW and tankers, not the fighters! Irrational to me but, lets see how this ends.

Comment

• Austin
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Oct 2003

The new LMFS will be the STOVL/VTOL type potentially a medium fighter with twin engine in Mig-29/Rafale class , More then of a question of how much composite they use for Empty Weight.

Wont be limited to just Naval application and will replace the medium fighter in Russian fleet 15-20 years down the line. Russian AC wont exceed 60 K T class so a heavy fighter like PAK-FA will have limited utility on it unless they go for 100K Plus which is unlikely to happen. Having a VTOL types also means it can be operated on Amphibious Flat tops

RuAF and CSTO countries put together will have 100's of aircraft to replace in their existing inventory from Medium to Heavy and PAK-FA , VTOL and Mig-41 will be the ones replacing them in next 20-30 years. If one add export customers of RUssian Aircraft then the numbers are bound to grow.
      "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• stealthflanker
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Sep 2015

Kinda hard to expect new V/STOL especially in engine department, as the R-79V engine seems not going anywhere in terms of development. Engine alone may take 10-20 years to perfect.

Comment

• LMFS
          Rank 4 Registered User
          • Feb 2018

The new LMFS will be the STOVL/VTOL type potentially a medium fighter with twin engine in Mig-29/Rafale class , More then of a question of how much composite they use for Empty Weight.

Wont be limited to just Naval application and will replace the medium fighter in Russian fleet 15-20 years down the line. Russian AC wont exceed 60 K T class so a heavy fighter like PAK-FA will have limited utility on it unless they go for 100K Plus which is unlikely to happen. Having a VTOL types also means it can be operated on Amphibious Flat tops

RuAF and CSTO countries put together will have 100's of aircraft to replace in their existing inventory from Medium to Heavy and PAK-FA , VTOL and Mig-41 will be the ones replacing them in next 20-30 years. If one add export customers of RUssian Aircraft then the numbers are bound to grow.
          The CTOL version would most probably not benefit from the compromises needed for the STOVL version, main engine position is quite different. Agree on the export market but that should be the LMFS. Years pass, nothing concrete is decided on the Russian side and in the meanwhile China and other countries start capturing that potential market.
          A navalized Su-57 will have bigger footprint and maybe slightly inferior numbers in a 60k carrier than a smaller fighter but that is all, would remain not only useful but in fact dominant compared to what PLAN and USN are fielding. And even better, the baseline plane is already designed. Where I agree is in regards of amphibious assault ships, they could benefit, but that will hardly mean more than 50 planes for Russia.

Comment

• Austin
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Oct 2003

UAC: the Su-57 fighter will be the basis for the development of the aircraft family

Подробнее на ТАСС:
            http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/5480600

The UAC completed the stage of the sketch-and-technical design of the PAK YES

Подробнее на ТАСС:
            http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/5480842
            "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• Deino
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2000

PAK YES?????

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
              My working week and my Sunday rest,
              My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
              I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
              Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
              Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
              For nothing now can ever come to any good.
              -------------------------------------------------
              W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• archangelski
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Deino View Post
                PAK YES?????
                PAK-DA

Comment

• Deino
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2000

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                  My working week and my Sunday rest,
                  My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                  I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                  Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                  Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                  For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                    Rank 6 Registered User
                    • Feb 2018

I feel like I am in a nightmare this week I can't wake up from.

1. Had Kinzhal information sold and now they lost their nuclear cruise missile in their launch(might as well sell all their project information to the US or China at this rate)

2. Show case the invisible helmet but no video of the thing changing color. Lets all grab a regular helmet, glue yellow paper on it, have it against a yellow wall and call it invisible to create an internet meme to force Rostec to video display the thing.

3. Kalishnikov robot suite. Show case it but the thing does not move. If South Korea has problems with their robots which are attached to cables moving them. I should have known something was not right when no cable was shown on the thing

4. Underwater drones with assault rifles. Only images of drones but no assault rifles attached.

5. since this is an aviation forum I saved the best for last. I remember hearing that a few SU-57s were to come out for 2018 and the full batch in 2019. This is what I got instead. https://translate.googleusercontent....TIN93tA#cutid1

"As reported by the agency TASS, August 22, 2018 at the International Military Technical Forum "Army-2018", taking place in Kubinka. The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation and PJSC "Sukhoi Company" signed a contract for the supply to the Armed Forces of two fifth-generation fighter aircraft Su-57 (T-50) .The contract will be executed in 2018-2020."

"Thus, according to known data, the contract signed for another two Su-57 (T-50) fighters brings the total number of the first serial (actually pre-series) Su-57 fighters to four, acquired in the Russian military aviation market, taking into account the existing "Dry" contract for the first two serial Su-57 (in the form of T-50S), which should be delivered in 2019. The delivery of two additional aircraft is scheduled, presumably, for 2020. In the future, according to available information, it is possible to purchase 11 more Su-57 serial fighters in the form of the first stage in 2021-2022, with plans to switch from 2023 to purchase as small batches of modernized Su-57 aircraft with a second-stage engine"

Someone turn my beer into moonshine I want to forget that this week even existed
                    Last edited by panzerfeist1; 23rd August 2018, 04:21.
                    I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• Marcellogo
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jun 2014

Pak-Yes= Pak-DA

Dry company= Sukhoi
                      Damn automatic translators and switch to Yandex.

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                        Rank 6 Registered User
                        • Feb 2018

https://translate.googleusercontent....Miz27_A#cutid1

"RSK" MiG ", however, achieved its goal and evidently took the Russian Defense Ministry by beatings. On August 22, 2018, at the military-technical forum" Army-2018 "held in Kubinka, the military department signed a contract with United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) for the delivery of six (sic!) MiG-35 and MiG-35UB fighters to the Russian military aeronautical station. The contract is due from 2018 to 2023 (that is, one aircraft per year)."

Are they sticking radio optical radars on these aircrafts for such a long delay like the SU-57 or what? instead of 100 T-14s now I see 132. I guess aircrafts really are not a priority for them. Unless people want to argue that "art" should not be rushed.
                        Last edited by panzerfeist1; 23rd August 2018, 14:03.
                        I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                          Rank 6 Registered User
                          • Feb 2018

http://tass.com/defense/1018768

Time for more internet arguments like last time because another possible Syria strike is coming.

Comment

• haavarla
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Dec 2008

Highly flameble..
                            Thanks

Comment

• Marcellogo
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jun 2014

Not an update from 27h of August...

I'll put these two:
                              Seems that a contract for a new batch of 36 Su-30SM (in three years) would be signed by RuMoD.

https://www.vedomosti.ru/politics/ar...e-istrebitelei

...ANNDD that they would carry AL-41F-1S engines.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3326515.html

Comment

• totoro
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Apr 2006

My Russian is pretty bad. I am trying to read the original text to see just what they mean, because the blog entry talking about it isn't very clear. Is the contract to actually put new engines into su30sm or is the contract only for R&D of integrating the engines with Su-30SM? The wording on the blog seems like the latter is more likely. And certainly at least *some* R&D would be needed, as those engines aren't simply interchangable with Al-31, however similar they are.

Comment

• MadRat
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Aug 2006

So basically they'll build Su-34 with an Su-30SM front.
                                  Go Huskers!

Comment

• stealthflanker
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Sep 2015

SU-34 use standard AL-31F or so i heard. No TVC at all.

Comment

• haavarla
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Dec 2008

Nor has the Su-34 any AL-41F-1S Engines, never had.
                                      It has been rolled out with both AL-31F and AL-31F series 42, which is Salut.ru internal designation on AL-31FM1.

Which i suspect is what the latest batches of Su-30SM also got going.

Anyway, the Su-34 has a higher MTOW and Bring back weight over any other Flanker, period.
                                      Looking at the MLG should give away some clues Madrat.
                                      Last edited by haavarla; 6th September 2018, 14:41.
                                      Thanks

Comment

• panzerfeist1
                                        Rank 6 Registered User
                                        • Feb 2018

Deliveries on A-100 http://tass.com/defense/1020596

Comment

• haavarla
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Dec 2008

Big stick Alert!
                                          Its quite telling how massive(heavy) that Dagger is.
                                          See how long the First Mig-31 rotation before positive climb happen, and compare it with the second Mig-31.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVtp-un01lM
                                          Thanks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X