Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcellogo
    Rank 5 Registered User

Not trying to underscore actual buildup of forces, just to note how the total number of 160 refers to a sum of a lot of different things, both planes than helicopters, both jets than propellers driven, both new planes than refurbished ones.

Said so an healthy growth of an air force needs all kind of planes, so everyone's welcome, just let's not gave the idea of a sudden boom or a sudden fall of nyear on year order just looking at the said gross number.

Comment

• haavarla
      Rank 5 Registered User

es. I was only pointing out the Flanker as they will become the main stay of the fighter inventory for a long time.

If we look at where the bulk of the Airforce funding will go, then i think Il-478, A-100. New tanker. New Tu-160, and lots of overhauled airframes. New small cargo transport in order to retire the An-22.
      A major new contract for Ka-52
      Thanks

Comment

• TR1
        TR1
        http://tiny.cc/tp8kd

New small cargo to retire An-22?!?! Do you mean An-12? That is what the Il-276 will be for.

Borisov already mentioned the plan to order another 114 Ka-52 under the new GPV, after the current orders are completed in the near future.
        sigpic

Comment

• haavarla
          Rank 5 Registered User

The An-12 ofcourse..
          Thanks

Comment

• Austin
            Rank 5 Registered User

http://redstar.ru/letali-i-letat-budem/

Dmitry Stefanovich
            ‏ @KomissarWhipla
            May 17

Several points from interview with head of long-range aviation S.Kobylash:
            -Kh-32 "guided missile" was successfuly tested ar Barents Sea, launched from Tu-22M3
            -Tu-160 with Kh-102 (nuclear-tipped) was shown to SovbezSec Patrushev
            -Lots of Arctic flights via Anadyr' aerodrome by Tu-22M3 and Tu-95MS, Tu-160 will soon fly there too
            -PAK DA will replace Tu-95MS and Tu-22M3.
            "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• stealthflanker
              Rank 5 Registered User

So the Tu-160M program is basically a "gap filler" ?

Comment

• Marcellogo
                Rank 5 Registered User

I'm mulling about starting in the next future a dedicated thread for Tupolev, following both the mise en place of the new versions of the old birds than PaK-Da development.
                Surely more bones to chew there a.t.m. than the almost absolute nothing we are actually getting about Su-57.
                Last edited by Marcellogo; 19th May 2018, 14:43.

Comment

• KGB
                  KGB

The su 57 will eventually slowly replace the su 27 Flanker. It will be the Flanker family of the future.

Comment

• Marcellogo
                    Rank 5 Registered User

When and about all IF it would grown up a family, the carrier borne version is on track but for the rest just an handful of Soviet time Su-27 i.e. P and S versions are still in inventory, let's add also the SM batch the number of the planes that need a substitution in the next years is still very scarce.

Comment

• haavarla
                      Rank 5 Registered User

Marcellogo@
                      What do you mean with the Carrier version is on track..?

Between the Irkutsk Su-30 and KnAAZ Su-35 production line, Russia could easily standup two whole Air Regiments each year or pretty close to this. The KnAAZ having a slightly lower output, but I think this is due to they produce the Su-30M2 and upgrading Flanker to SM3 version(in essence they have two different Prod-line while now working on their 3rd Su-57 line).

It May not be economical correct, since they are replacing their inventory at a slower rate, with smaller batches on order.
                      On top of this there are export deals in between.

I think its pretty obvious that they wish to keep the Flanker production lines open as long as possible to secure export deals
                      Last edited by haavarla; 21st May 2018, 09:34.
                      Thanks

Comment

• TR1
                        TR1

UAC posted some Il-112V photos:

sigpic

Comment

• Marcellogo
                          Rank 5 Registered User

@Haavarla
                          I wanted to sa that a carrier version of the Su-57 is actually envisaged but no versions specifically aimed to be the 5th gen equivalent of Su-30, Su-34 and so on.

Comment

• paralay
                            Rank 5 Registered User

the Su-30 version is only needed for India
                            Su-34, and so on ... - is called PAK-DP

Comment

• Marcellogo
                              Rank 5 Registered User

First time I hear about it, have you some more data about it?
                              Would it (the PAK-DP) be based on Su-57 frame or to a completely new one?
                              Because the point is if there would be a Su-57 family like there is one derived by flanker and when such new planes would began to be acquired, given that Su-30/-34/-35 are actually almost new.

Comment

• haavarla
                                Rank 5 Registered User

If they build the Su-57, but increase the size about 25%
                                Then you have youre next Pak-Dp

IMO, it will never happen

Instead the Su-34M will happen.
                                Thanks

Comment

• TR1
                                  TR1

Su-34M has already been planned for years (and AFAIK project work began a while back), so it wouldn't have much of an effect on PAK-DP in the future.

Ka-52 looking clean, looking forward to Ka-52M:

Russian Helicopters plans to deliver around 220 helicopters this year, slightly more than 2017 (214 helicotpers).

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3209222.html
                                  Last edited by TR1; 22nd May 2018, 05:50.
                                  sigpic

Comment

• stealthflanker
                                    Rank 5 Registered User

Have it cleared to carry Kh-35 or Kh-31's ?

280 km striking range for helo doesn't seem so bad.

Comment

• paralay
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

First time I hear about it, have you some more data about it?
                                      There is no official data. But there is a suggestion ...
                                      In the competition program "Perspective Aviation Complex of the Long-range Interception" involved two projects: hypersonic MiG-41 and supersonic aircraft Sukhoi. The MiG-41 lost, the reason is high risk, cost and complexity of operation, there is no equal enemy.
                                      The Sukhoi interceptor uses components developed for PAK FA, so the cost of its development is significantly lower. Two engines "izd.30" allow to create a long-range aircraft with a maximum take-off weight of 60 to 65 tons and a combat radius of 2500 to 3000 km.
                                      Presumably, the new interceptor has an aerodynamic "duck" and "flexible" wing.

http://paralay.world/mfp/pak_pwo.jpg
                                      Last edited by paralay; 26th May 2018, 04:28.

Comment

• Marcellogo
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

Maybe something has been lost in translation, what I was doubtful about is not that Su-30, Su-34 would one day had a successor, what I doubt is that this successive plane would be based on Su-57 frame and not to another completely new one.
                                        So no Su-57 family as there is actually a Flanker one.

Paralay, this that the Mig-41 has lost to a Sukhoi project is also absolutely new to me, have you something about it (evn a link to a russian site, as I use Yandex browser).

Comment

• Acatomic
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

@paralay or anybody for that matter.

Do you have any reliable information about Okhotnik-B?

Thanks!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X