No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That video on S-500 has but any thing to do with it , All it looks like S-400 system to me video cut and pasted from many sources
    "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

sigpic

Comment

another EW. MI-17, i guess

Comment

The original image (on RussianPlanes.net) says Mi-8AMTSh / Mi-17Sh - which is an attack (Shturmovik) designation.

Be interesting to see what its true designation is????

Fascinating to see all those lumps and bumps of the EW gear - must do wonders for the drag.

BTW M-17 is the export designation of the Mi-8MT series - so in Russian service its a Mi-8etc etc.

Ken
          Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast.
          Flankers (& others) website at :-
          http://flankers.co.uk/

Comment

Isn't it interesting that what seems to be the pito tube is repositioned forward of the nose by the help of a tubular frame?

Comment

"F-22 did not crave meeting with our fighters"
              The developer of radars for Su-35 and Su-57 - about the Syrian experience, competition with F-35 and "smart skin" of prospective combat aircraft

https://iz.ru/704641/sergei-valchenk...istrebiteliami

Comment

Originally posted by Flanker_man View Post
                The original image (on RussianPlanes.net) says Mi-8AMTSh / Mi-17Sh - which is an attack (Shturmovik) designation.

Be interesting to see what its true designation is????

Fascinating to see all those lumps and bumps of the EW gear - must do wonders for the drag.

BTW M-17 is the export designation of the Mi-8MT series - so in Russian service its a Mi-8etc etc.

Ken
                Probably a Mi-8AMTSh (as labelled near te cockpit door) modified for EW.

PS : Somebody knows the electronic package found on this version ?

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatVip View Post
                  Isn't it interesting that what seems to be the pito tube is repositioned forward of the nose by the help of a tubular frame?
                  Already seen on an other "test" Mi-8AMTSh (Bort 9372). It's probably an easily demountable system located at a point where the turbulences due to the fuselage are the weakest. This kind of displaced pitot is also seen on other helicopters (Mi-28NM, ...).

Comment

Algerian Mil being modernized with DIRCM in Moscow:

sigpic

Comment

Su-30SM with SAP-518SM.

Su-25SM3:

http://www.interfax.ru/russia/609165

Work on the first Tu-160M2 has already began.
                      sigpic

Comment

So we have like 4 kinds of jammer pod to flanker family eh.. The first would be L005 "Sorbitsya" Next gen would be SAP-518, the L-265 "Tarantul"/Modernized L-175 and behemoth SAP-14.

i wonder if there is any discernable physical differences between the former three.

Comment

Does Su-25SM3 has MAWS doesnt seems like tough , These birds would be most vulnerable to MANPADS

Comment

Looks to me like it has the full "Vitebsk" MAWS suite.

Two rearwards-facing ultraviolet missile approach sensors (in a "V" arrangement), and one front-facing ditto next to the front gear, plus underwing jammer pods (Л-370-3с) and so on.
                            Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug; 20th April 2018, 09:04.
                            sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BWgyBGx.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	830.0 KB
ID:	3680175

Comment

can you translate in English ?

Comment

Gotta fly below 150m.

Comment

why the envelope of 40N6E extend below the horizon ? Does it indicates Active Radar Homing ? and probably off board cueing method.

Comment

Does the suite of Su-25SM3 accurately reflects what his posters says ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA8lD79XoAEQwZL.jpg:large

Comment

Does the suite of Su-25SM3 accurately reflects what his posters says ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA8lD79XoAEQwZL.jpg:large
                                        No DIRCM on the Vitebsk? I wonder how this suite helps against MANPADS other than telling the pilot that he is going to be hit, am I missing something? Seems crucial to me for real world, counter-insurgency CAS

Comment

The blue line probably on the diagram describes earth curvature. Hence missile engagement minimal altitude is 150m even at range.

@ Archangelski: thank you! If ever you have that Mi28 image also I would be delighted to see it.
                                          Last edited by TomcatViP; 20th April 2018, 12:58.

Comment

Working...
                                          X