Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 14 (1 members and 13 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sepheronx
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2015
    • 320

    If they go with vtols, this could mean they are not necessarily interested in an aircraft carrier but in something like a cruiser that jump jets take off of. Or pocket carriers of sort. They been mentioning carriers for a while but are still uncertain.

    Comment

    • stealthflanker
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Sep 2015
      • 1015

      I wonder if anything ever published about cooling capacity of Su-27 or MiG-29's. How many watts/sqm of heat they could remove ?

      I know that N001 and perhaps N019 Radar is liquid cooled, but i don't know the cooling capacity.

      The fact that so many discussion about "AESA power", "GaN" etc but so little related to cooling capacity required to support them kinda disturb me.

      Comment

      • KGB
        KGB
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2016
        • 1426

        Somebody wants to dust off the Yak 141. Probably just to show "we can do that" too. IMO its a waste of resources.

        Shtorm carriers will become a reality as priorities allow. (2030-40)Long term naval doctrine demands a couple of carriers.
        Last edited by KGB; 24th November 2017, 04:24.

        Comment

        • Austin
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Oct 2003
          • 6473

          Somebody wants to dust off the Yak 141. Probably just to show "we can do that" too. IMO its a waste of resources.

          Shtorm carriers will become a reality as priorities allow. (2030-40)Long term naval doctrine demands a couple of carriers.
          This wont be just for carrier fleet which wont exceed 70-80 aircraft in best case but for replacing the Mig-29/Su-27 with RuAF , Likely this will be a medium fighter in Mig-35 class Take Off weight ~ 25 Ton
          "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

          Comment

          • Austin
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Oct 2003
            • 6473

            Interview with UAC Chief Designer : "It is better to have opportunities for close air combat than not to have them"

            https://iz.ru/674527/ilia-kramnik/lu...em-ne-imet-ikh
            "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

            Comment

            • MadRat
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Aug 2006
              • 5033

              Seems silly that Tu-160 and Tu-22M do not share a common engine lineage. And quite frankly, Su-34 should have used one engine of the same lineage, too. It's really quite fortuitous that Russia is so wasteful.
              Go Huskers!

              Comment

              • TR1
                TR1
                http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                • Oct 2010
                • 9818

                You are aware the Nk-25 and Nk-32 are fairly close relatives right? There is a reason the Tu-22M4 variant was fitted with the NK-32 without much difficulty.

                Su-34 using one of those engines is not a Su-34 anymore, I don't see how that is a serious viable suggestion.
                Last edited by TR1; 24th November 2017, 06:40.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • JangBoGo
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 1506

                  Your boy's statements on Islam :

                  https://www.muslim.ru/en/articles/137/13878/
                  Islam and Russia? This has to be here.... Very good stuff.

                  Comment

                  • wilhelm
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 1658

                    Originally posted by MadRat View Post
                    Seems silly that Tu-160 and Tu-22M do not share a common engine lineage. And quite frankly, Su-34 should have used one engine of the same lineage, too. It's really quite fortuitous that Russia is so wasteful.
                    Fortuitous?
                    Why are you here in this thread then?
                    There's so much daftness in your post it's hard to know where to begin.
                    The other mouthbreathing knuckledragger forum is that way.》》

                    Comment

                    • haavarla
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 6695

                      Fortuitous?
                      Why are you here in this thread then?
                      There's so much daftness in your post it's hard to know where to begin.
                      The other mouthbreathing knuckledragger forum is that way.》》
                      I don't know.. i think Madrat post is orbiting around the issue of VKS scuttle any plans for singel jet engine for their fleet long ago. And how superduper great it is with USAF etc that they DO have a striker with sigel engine concept.
                      Last edited by haavarla; 24th November 2017, 18:16.
                      Thanks

                      Comment

                      • verbatim
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 261

                        Vertical take off is pure madness, no aircraft able to take off vertically could be more than a stunt.

                        Short take off, on other hand, could have a meaning if carefully designed.

                        With carefully meaning pouring all availabe advanced technologies to grant top notch performances.

                        Only slighty different is speaking of vertical landing.

                        Its mainly an handicap performance wise.

                        Again, it would more smart to explore some short landing tecnique, like the rolling landing the british are experimenting with their F-35B.

                        The most safe approach would be a short take off airplane, capable of conventional landing and or some short landing without the penalties of vertical take off or landing.

                        If such aircraft would require an aircraft carrier displacing twice of an old Moskva and costing four times as well, that would be well spent money.

                        No dwarf pocket carrier has a meaning for Russia.
                        Last edited by verbatim; 24th November 2017, 18:03.

                        Comment

                        • verbatim
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 261

                          Going partially off topic, the tragedy of the argentinean Type 209 SSK has reminded me of the poor state of the argentinean armed forces.

                          My thought is the following: would it be feasible and politically usefull to try to engage the argentinean government with some favourable agreement?

                          As an example, offering some deal involving FMA (the State owned aircraft's company) to locally assemble let's say armed Yak-130 to replace the od A-4AR they are using for makeshift fighters, and offering some updated Il-78 and, why not?, a couple of A-50M?

                          Something involving bartering agricultural goods and anything else Argentine produces and Russia could need to import.

                          Offering them some real bargain, could overcome the traditional hostility the Argentine military staff has against anything russian.

                          Maybe providing FMA full autonomous maintenance capability on any aircraft purchased from Russia, and adding an agreement to provide them with a partially westernized Su-35 version to assemble locally if they would choose so in the future.

                          Comment

                          • KGB
                            KGB
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2016
                            • 1426

                            @Verbatim

                            They already have a short take off jet

                            Comment

                            • Austin
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 6473

                              Originally posted by verbatim View Post
                              Going partially off topic, the tragedy of the argentinean Type 209 SSK has reminded me of the poor state of the argentinean armed forces.

                              My thought is the following: would it be feasible and politically usefull to try to engage the argentinean government with some favourable agreement?

                              As an example, offering some deal involving FMA (the State owned aircraft's company) to locally assemble let's say armed Yak-130 to replace the od A-4AR they are using for makeshift fighters, and offering some updated Il-78 and, why not?, a couple of A-50M?

                              Something involving bartering agricultural goods and anything else Argentine produces and Russia could need to import.

                              Offering them some real bargain, could overcome the traditional hostility the Argentine military staff has against anything russian.

                              Maybe providing FMA full autonomous maintenance capability on any aircraft purchased from Russia, and adding an agreement to provide them with a partially westernized Su-35 version to assemble locally if they would choose so in the future.
                              Argentina tragic accident with sub can happen to anybody and anytime nothing to do with their economy , Indian sub blew at pier when it's economy was doing good, subs are just metal filled with explosive weapon and batteries a small trigger is enough to blow it up even though safety standards are highest, shows the risk and danger of being a submariner
                              "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

                              Comment

                              • TR1
                                TR1
                                http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 9818

                                Egyptian MiG-29M2 with Kh-38 mockup:

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                • stealthflanker
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Sep 2015
                                  • 1015

                                  pls tell me that targeting pod is operational :3

                                  Comment

                                  • TR1
                                    TR1
                                    http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                                    • Oct 2010
                                    • 9818

                                    Egypt ordered 46 (AFAIK) of them along with their MiGs, so I would say so.

                                    Also it has been showing up on every other Russian made bird, hopefully appears in VKS service soon.
                                    sigpic

                                    Comment

                                    • verbatim
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Aug 2010
                                      • 261

                                      Originally posted by Austin View Post
                                      Argentina tragic accident with sub can happen to anybody and anytime nothing to do with their economy , Indian sub blew at pier when it's economy was doing good, subs are just metal filled with explosive weapon and batteries a small trigger is enough to blow it up even though safety standards are highest, shows the risk and danger of being a submariner
                                      Whatever the causes of the tragedy occurred to the SSK, operating 40 years old ships, subs or aircrafts is not the best, safety wise.

                                      Adding paucity of funds available for maintenance and training makes it a recipe for a disaster, it become hust a matter of when.

                                      Moreover, in such a state any force would be only a symbolic one, not being considerable as a credible deterrent.

                                      The moment could be ripe to try to engage Argentine, offering an affordable and effective way to recapitalize some of its military assets, together with a chance to provide additional workload to its only aereonautic factory.

                                      An argument always popular between argentinean politicians.

                                      Comment

                                      • TomcatViP
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Nov 2011
                                        • 6107

                                        Promoting budget cuts in the administrative force of the military was a significant step forward in the right direction (Ar MoD yesterday).

                                        Comment

                                        • JSR
                                          JSR
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Aug 2011
                                          • 4976

                                          its 25 to 30% efficient with current engines.
                                          http://www.analisidifesa.it/2017/11/news-da-mosca-57/
                                          he Commander of the VTA (Voyenno-Transportnoy Aviatsii) or military transport Aviation, General Vladimir Benediktov visits last month to settlements Aviastar SP in Ulyanovsk announced to the press that the air force by the end of 2020 Russia will require 150-200 new cargo aircraft Ilyushin Il-76MD-90 (also known as Il-476).

                                          General Benediktov during his tour company has inspected several Il-76MD-90 cells currently under construction at the plant and highlighted the satisfaction of the Ministry of defence about the progress made in the development Il-76MD-90. since, according to technicians, the aircraft has a high degree of reliability and operating in extreme conditions operation with a rate of 25-30% higher efficiency than the original version Il-76 from which it derives.

                                          Comment

                                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                          Collapse

                                           

                                          Working...
                                          X