Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcellogo
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jun 2014

I make here a purely abstact logic reasoning:

10 and 11 being prototypes should have different ecquipments one from the other.
    Problem is that, differently from the case of -8 and -9, this time we didn't just know what this new items will be.
    Maybe it can be that the ones scheduled to be installed on the -10 are (a little) late while the ones on the -11 are just ready.
    Another possibility is that the-10 is actually undergoing installation of both stealth than external painting, a process that we know being quite long.
    In the same moment the -11 i.e. the final item get out of the assembly phase and, although unpainted, is already in flight condition.

So they could have decided to just paint the yellow base on and send it to try the new objekt 30, in the meantime that the -10 (that could still could have the old ones for what we know) would be ready.
    Last edited by Marcellogo; 10th August 2017, 22:35.

Comment

• RadDisconnect
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jul 2013

Despite wilhelm's accusations, I didn't see anything in the PAK FA thread that would warrant closing and deleting it, so I don't know what's going on.

Comment

• blackwood
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Marcellogo View Post
        I make here a purely abstact logic reasoning:

10 and 11 being prototypes should have different ecquipments one from the other.
        Problem is that, differently from the case of -8 and -9, this time we didn't just know what this new items will be.
        Maybe it can be that the ones scheduled to be installed on the -10 are (a little) late while the ones on the -11 are just ready.
        Another possibility is that the-10 is actually undergoing installation of both stealth than external painting, a process that we know being quite long.
        In the same moment the -11 i.e. the final item get out of the assembly phase and, although unpainted, is already in flight condition.

So they could have decided to just paint the yellow base on and send it to try the new objekt 30, in the meantime that the -10 (that could still could have the old ones for what we know) would be ready.
        Could it be that -10 is being used for the new engines. Structural reforms was one reason quoted. Would they need to slightly modify the holding mounts for the engines. Plus engines not being yet ready???. Was said later in 2017 or early 2018 that tests of the new engine are being started?

Comment

• Marcellogo
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jun 2014

IMO if they mount different type of engines they would be in the later model.
          And while the -117S performances are well know the objekt 30 would surely need more time on dynamic testing from the beginning.
          Even if they both have the new engine it could be that one is actually been checked for ascertain the sthealtiness of the new design while the other is charged with the flying part.
          Let's wait for more official news.
          At this point we would decide also if open a new thread about T-50/Su-57 or transfer directly all new info about it there.
          Last edited by Marcellogo; 11th August 2017, 07:17.

Comment

• wilhelm
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Dec 2004

[/QUOTE]
            At this point we would decide also if open a new thread about T-50/Su-57 or transfer directly all new info about it there.[/QUOTE]

I quite agree.

So, we aren't really sure why -11 has flown before -10?
            Was there any indication the Izd 30 was to be installed in these prototypes?
            I was under the impression it would only be ready slightly later. Also, one would think it would be flight tested first in an instrumented flying laboratory, such as an Il-76, before fitment to a T-50/ Su-57 airframe?

My guess is that, as stated previously, that -10 perhaps has structural and other changes (RAM coatings) as opposed to anything to do with Izd 30.
            Just a guess, and of course I could be completely wrong.

Comment

• wilhelm
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by RadDisconnect View Post
              Despite wilhelm's accusations, I didn't see anything in the PAK FA thread that would warrant closing and deleting it, so I don't know what's going on.
              RadDisconnect, it's not an accusation.
              The usual suspect came into the topic and across multiple posts accused the entire Russian Government and aviation officials in Russia of all being liars.
              That is not a meaningful contribution. It's his usual theme of corrosive trolling without contributing in the slightest to meaningful discussion about the topic or the PAK FA.
              It's quite obvious what the result was.

Let us stick to the topic instead of airing personal inadequacies and prejudices.

Comment

• Scar
                • Nov 2015

Now it's official. SU-57.

Confirmed by Bondarev, RuAF chief-commander.
                In Russian: https://tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content...11036-axvl.htm

Comment

• Flanker_man
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2000

Now it's official. SU-57
                  No it isn't - it's Su-57 - capital S small u (for Pavel Sukhoi)

And it's pronounced Soo Fifty Seven - not Ess You Fifty Seven.

Just a small nit-pick - but we might as well get it right.

Ken

PS - Yes I know it is really Soo Pyatdesyat Syem in Russian.
                  Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast.
                  Flankers (& others) website at :-
                  http://flankers.co.uk/

Comment

• Scar
                    • Nov 2015

No it isn't - it's Su-57 - capital S small u (for Pavel Sukhoi)
                    Captian Obvious, is that you?! I used caps only to highlight the index.

Comment

• Berkut
                      • Nov 2011

That wasnt obvious at all from your comment. Plenty of people write SU-XX because they dont know better.

Comment

• FalconDude
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Berkut
                        That wasnt obvious at all from your comment. Plenty of people write SU-XX because they dont know better.
                        Tomato/tomato we all know we are talkiing about a fruit passing for a vegetable in the end (ala MIG/MiG). I am more upset about the T-50 thread going ...

Comment

• Deino
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Jan 2000

Maybe now with the new designation out we should simply start a new one ?

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                          My working week and my Sunday rest,
                          My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                          I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                          Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                          Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                          For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                          -------------------------------------------------
                          W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• Austin
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Oct 2003

Russian Aerospace Forces to Receive 400 Planes, Helicopters Annually Until 2025

Russian Aerospace Forces will receive about 400 planes and helicopters per year in accordance with the new state armaments program for 2018-2025, Russian Aerospace Forces Commander Col. Gen. Viktor Bondarev said.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) The state armaments program for 2018-2025 envisages reequipping the army and naval forces in accordance with assessment of possible threats to the country's national security.

"This year we have received over 100 planes and about 300 helicopters," Bondarev told the Zvezda channel in an interview, adding that such a pace will continue in accordance with the program.

Initially, the 10-year program should have been adopted in 2015, but this was delayed due to economic turbulence that hit the country the year before.
                            "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• Scar
                              • Nov 2015

Today is the 105th anniversary of RuAF. Happy birthday and best wishes to all our airmen!

Comment

• haavarla
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Dec 2008

I watched it with a cup of Coffey. It was awesome indeed!

But that RT cameraman should be shot..
                                hopefully there will be others with better skills
                                Last edited by haavarla; 12th August 2017, 13:48.
                                Thanks

Comment

• FBW
                                  FBW
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Dec 2011

Russian Aerospace Forces to Receive 400 Planes, Helicopters Annually Until 2025

Russian Aerospace Forces will receive about 400 planes and helicopters per year in accordance with the new state armaments program for 2018-2025, Russian Aerospace Forces Commander Col. Gen. Viktor Bondarev said.
                                  What consitutes the majority of the aircraft deliveries? BMPD has the number of combat aircraft delivered declining since 2014.
                                  http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2358587.html

Comment

• haavarla
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Dec 2008

^^ All sorts of aircraft. Transport, Cargo, MPA, AWACS, ELINT, Trainers and fighters
                                    Well "Declining" seems to be the new Black these days. Happening all over the globe.

The good news is new and better aircrafts.
                                    On the same a lot of upgrades as well.
                                    Last edited by haavarla; 13th August 2017, 09:09.
                                    Thanks

Comment

• TR1
                                      TR1
                                      http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                                      • Oct 2010

That BMPD chart is not "really" correct- for example the 24 Su-35s included planes that really were handed over the year before, they just counted them in for 2014.
                                      Same with the MiG-29SMTs, it was 8 per year, just playing around with dates.

IDK how he got 300 helicopters though.
                                      "Russian Helicopters" in its entirety is producing somewhat under that number for the past couple of years.
                                      sigpic

Comment

• JSR
                                        JSR
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Aug 2011

I doubt the are making less than 300. Most of announcements are disinformation either way. I read Syrians got some Mi24P. The scale of operations that need helicopter support is now bigger than static fight that US did in afgan/Irak combined.

Comment

• haavarla
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Dec 2008

That BMPD chart is not "really" correct- for example the 24 Su-35s included planes that really were handed over the year before, they just counted them in for 2014.
                                          Same with the MiG-29SMTs, it was 8 per year, just playing around with dates.

IDK how he got 300 helicopters though.
                                          "Russian Helicopters" in its entirety is producing somewhat under that number for the past couple of years.
                                          Afaik the BMPD charts has never been correct. always over the top in numbers.

When we look at other sources and the number of Air Regiments spread across different Air Bases in VKS, it gives us a much better overview.
                                          One interesting aspect though.. the Aviatsiya Voenno-morskovo Flota Rossii looks like its regenerating quite nicely, getting new units and stuff.
                                          Last edited by haavarla; 13th August 2017, 00:05.
                                          Thanks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X