Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TR1
    TR1
    http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
    • Oct 2010

Some....interesting...Egyptian art

sigpic

Comment

• JangBoGo
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2011

Elephant - new heavy lift aircraft to replace An-124 Ruslan
      http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2742690.html#cutid1

Payload - 150 tons to 7000 km @ 850 km/h
      Max Payload - 180t
      Engine - 4 x PD-35 series

A combat drone AR-10 proposal based on the light trainer/combat aircraft SR-10. Another good thing is the use of AL-55 engine.
      https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/bmpd...5_original.jpg

Comment

• JangBoGo
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jan 2011

Yak-152

@ MAKS 2017

Those intakes spoils the looks, hope the option of radial engine is not yet dead.

Lets hope the Russians don't mess up with its marketing and instead achieve good sales with this cute little fellow.

Comment

• TR1
          TR1
          http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
          • Oct 2010

First pic of Ohotnik drone?

Inb4 copied Beast of Khandahar
          sigpic

Comment

• Sab3r329
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Apr 2016

While I understand that your allegation of Ohotnik being a copy of the RQ-170 is of course satirical, but I do find the overall premise of it rather hilarious, as Ohotnik has been stated to be a UCAV capable of strike missions and weighing at "20" tons(unclear if this is full/empty/whatever). The RQ-170 is nowhere near this weight and size class, it is likely that it cannot even carry munitions, being an entirely reconnaissance/surveillance drone.

Comment

• Trident
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • May 2004

Well, I'm not aware of any other to date - NICE!

If anything, it most resembles X-45C.
              sigpic

Comment

• MSphere
                • Feb 2010

All those UCAVs are beyond boring, to be honest..

Comment

• Austin
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Oct 2003

What is the first UAV in the picture ? The Ohotnik UAV design is along expected line as Mig had shown a scaled down version Skat some years back.
                  "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• Sab3r329
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Apr 2016

Corsair, was seen in flight some time ago, pics on this thread.

Comment

• Austin
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Oct 2003

^^ Thanks , Which is this UAV got it from paralay website

"A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• Sab3r329
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Apr 2016

No idea, if you could PM the link to the page you got it from I could translate whatever's on the page and see if there is any info.

Comment

• TomcatViP
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Nov 2011

A drone launching drones... Interesting. Russians are catching-up at great paces.

Comment

• Sab3r329
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Apr 2016

Ka-52 and other platforms have new laser technology developed for them.

The scientific and design center of video-computer technologies (NCC VKT 158), which is part of JSC "GRPZ", has been developing laser beam scanning systems for a long time. One of the most promising methods of scanning was the scanning method, based on the acousto-optic effect. Based on diffractive acousto-optic deflectors (ADP), a range of scanning angles of several degrees is achieved. The speed of acoustooptical deflectors, depending on the light aperture and the type of construction, ranges from one to ten microseconds, which is faster than mechanical systems. The advantages of inertia-free acoustooptical deflectors are a higher speed, high accuracy and stability of laser beam control.

https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/96195/#cut

More interesting reading at the link.
                            Last edited by Sab3r329; 25th July 2017, 07:21.

Comment

• Berkut
                              • Nov 2011

So i uploaded the most interesting pictures from MAKS here;

https://imgur.com/a/wIIhC

Had tons of interesting conversations from folks on different stands. Especially the young guy at Phazotron was great, gave great insightful answers. I am no doubt forgetting TONS of interesting stuff, and take some of these with a lot of salt;

- MiG-35 frames dont have radar atm according to the MiG stand guy. Just mass sims. Asked both him and Phazotron guy later about the whole AESA on them saga, answer basically boils down to "If MoD wants it, sure". Basically seems no one has clear idea what MoD wants - least of all, MoD themselves.

- RD-33MKM is alive, apparently. Gave a bit conflicting answers as i remember it, ranging from "undergoing R&D" to "will be undergoing flight testing late this year".

- Zhuk-A grew from ~600 to 1016 (iirc) t/r's due to improvements to the cooling. The cooling is in part by fluid (plain water iirc) and air. In the Zhuk-A pics the red thingy at the back is the air intake, blue line running along the bottom is for water. Asked about if Okhotnik work is something he was familiar with, heard about it but didnt have direct connection to it. Same with Zaslon work.

- Asked couple Sukhoi folks about Su-34M work. One guy was literally not aware of it at all, or acted like it for whatever reason. No clear answer on engine uprating or Platan upgrade. Yes to it (not necessarily M?) getting target pod like Su-35S/MiG-35S.

- L-265M/L-265V depending on what plane it is on. M for Su-34 iirc, V for Su-35S/Su-27SM3. (he said "Su-27", i said "I assume Su-27SM3 to be specific?" to which he answered with a surprise and a smile something along the lines of "What are you, some sort of expert?" )

- RVV-BD/R-37M will have longer range than 200km for RuAF (of course), according to the stand guy, not meant for MiG-31BM. For Su-35S, when i asked about Su-30SM seemed like that was a negative too. Asked about Izd.810, yes, undergoing testing according to him. Asked about folding fins on R-77-1, "such work is being done".

- Just to give an idea about BS answers, asked a Sukhoi guy on the stand (the Sukhoi guys around Su-35S were far more knowledgeable) on T-50-9 camo; "It is like that so that the Chinese cant get good pics of its shape etc"... Plz...

That is all that stands out to me atm, i will add more if i remember it.
                              Last edited by Berkut; 25th July 2017, 18:43.

Comment

• Sab3r329
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Apr 2016

Did you happen to ask anything about PAK-FA electro-optic systems?

It always seem strange to me that they would move to UV from IR, and not even have LWR like the Su-35S.

Comment

• Berkut
                                  • Nov 2011

Chatted with a guy on the 101KS stand but he had little knowledge with it as he didnt have clearance for that particular program. Apparently the chief designer or something left on Thursday.

Comment

• FBW
                                    FBW
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Dec 2011

How did the condition of the 1.44 look like in person? Were there still engines fitted, or did they not let people walk behind it?

Comment

• Dr.Snufflebug
                                      Boggleboople snufflebug
                                      • Aug 2012

It seems like the Russian Border Service apparently enjoy some creative freedom when it comes to painting their aircraft. Bunch of An-72s:

Also, interesting equipment fitted to these, I assume it's surveillance gear.

Speaking of Antonov, rumor has it that the new government in Ukraine has finally killed the last parts of it. That'd leave Russia as the sole Antonov producer, until China fires up something based on the plans they bought at the firesale in Ukraine last year.
                                      sigpic

Comment

• alexz
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Nov 2010

That looks like the UPK-23 gun pod they are hanging from the AN-72s. The question is, what is that for?

Comment

• Dr.Snufflebug
                                          Boggleboople snufflebug
                                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr.Snufflebug
                                          Speaking of Antonov, rumor has it that the new government in Ukraine has finally killed the last parts of it.
                                          Yes, confirmed officially. Ukrainian media says that the Poroshenko government is liquidating the entire concern and putting its assets up for auction. This despite protests from the industrial and business sectors and from the parliament itself:
                                          https://delo.ua/business/pohorony-uk...volnoj-333090/

I wonder how this will impact Antonov production in Russia? Russia has for the past couple of years built ten times as many Antonov-branded planes on license at VASO and Aviastar (I think, or does Aviastar only service Ruslans etc?) as the factories in Ukraine (Kiev, Kharkiv). Actually, I'm pretty sure that Antonov in Ukraine has only finished a total of 2-3 aircraft since the so-called revolution of 2014, including the An-178 prototype. This compared to some 50-60 planes in Russia over this time, in spite of their actual HQ being in Ukraine and all.

Antonov himself was Russian and the whole thing started in Russia (then-USSR, but in the Russian SFSR) but the main HQ was moved from Novosibirsk to Kiev, then-Ukrainian SSR in 1952. After the fall of the Soviet Union, Antonov became a Ukrainian enterprise and one of the most high-profile ones at that too, something that independent Ukraine took great pride in having. Which makes sense, given Antonovs legacy and its numerous unmatched, even world record breaking flying products.

So, all of this is a bit sad. R.I.P. Antonov, 1946-2017, I guess.
                                          Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug; 26th July 2017, 17:24.
                                          sigpic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X