Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MSphere
    • Feb 2010

There can be no doubt about it.. the T220 has already been integrated with the MiG-35, the Su-30SM shall be no exception. I'd be interested to see whether they would use it on older Gen aircraft like Su-24M2.

Comment

• haavarla
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Dec 2008

f the grid fins are folded.. i see possibility of 6 R-77's
      I think there was a option to fold the mesh fins of R-77. But nothing came of it.. a shame.
      It could make quite an improvement on the drag cofficient
      Last edited by haavarla; 21st July 2017, 18:44.
      Thanks

Comment

• Berkut
        • Nov 2011

Was up close and personal with the Su-35S birdie that is armed to the teeth today... So yeah, can confirm that is double double R-77-1 pylons. :P Since i didnt know the name i asked if the pod was the same as MiG-35 one and indeed it is. The pod is just a weight mock up (as is everything else) and neither the double pylons or the pod has undergone flight testing on Su-35S yet. Also, Su-34 is apparently getting more fences...

Last edited by Berkut; 21st July 2017, 19:38.

Comment

• MSphere
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by haavarla
          I think there was a option to fold the mesh fins of R-77. But nothing came of it.. a shame.
          It could make quite an improvement on the drag cofficient
          I've thought the R-77 could fold its fins.. because of the internal carriage in the T-50

Comment

• SpudmanWP
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jan 2009

I think that those are "dummy" missiles (not the lack of a motor nozzle).
            "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Comment

• Peregrinefalcon
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jul 2012

"Originally Posted by Berkut

Was up close and personal with the Su-35S birdie that is armed to the teeth today...
              If you are by any chance going to the MAKS tomorrow (just my wishful thinking ), please film the mock up dog fight between the fighters from the cell phone so you can catch both birds in the frame. I can't understand why everybody are zooming on one plane, it has absolutely no sense because we have no idea what the heck the plane is doing in the relation to another one

Comment

• TR1
                TR1
                http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                • Oct 2010

Berkut for the love of god man, post info and pics!

-Is the carriage planned for testing soon? Or just Pokazukha?
                -More fences, as in problems with wing EW pod on the Hellduck? Oh and is the damn pod planned for the Su-34 anytime soon?
                sigpic

Comment

• sepheronx
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by TR1 View Post
                  Berkut for the love of god man, post info and pics!

-Is the carriage planned for testing soon? Or just Pokazukha?
                  -More fences, as in problems with wing EW pod on the Hellduck? Oh and is the damn pod planned for the Su-34 anytime soon?
                  why would the pod be planned for Su-34? My understanding was it already had its night capabilities as shown in Syria campaign of its internal system. Seems would defeat the purpose.

Comment

• Berkut
                    • Nov 2011

Of T-50's or Su-35S' Peregrinefalcon? I will see what i can do, but i dont have exactly the best camera in the world and to a certain extent, i want to watch the show too. :P Bogdan won 5-0 yesterday though. :P

From what i gathered talking to the Sukhoi representatives it will be doing testing soonish as soon as they figure out what regimes they will allow first. As to the fences, i tried to get some questions out of them but they didnt seem to know much about that in particular. Here is a potato pic, i will try to take better ones tomorrow;

Used basically just the phone camera on the first day, but will stick to only the actual camera tomorrow.

Comment

• haavarla
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Dec 2008

Nice to have someone "local" sneaking about at MAKS

Are the new wingtip EW pods mounted differently from the older ones?

Seems to me the new ones are mounted offset as the old was mounted senter wise..?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by haavarla; 23rd July 2017, 08:52.
                      Thanks

Comment

• sepheronx
                        • Jun 2015

Thanks for the pics can't wait it to see the displays on avionics.

Comment

• Peregrinefalcon
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Jul 2012

"Originally Posted by Berkut

Of T-50's or Su-35S' Peregrinefalcon? I will see what i can do, but i dont have exactly the best camera in the world and to a certain extent, i want to watch the show too. :P Bogdan won 5-0 yesterday though. :P
                          From what I have seen, the PAK-FA and Su-30SM had simulated dog-fights.

I know you want to watch the show (I was planning to go also, with professional cameras ), but this is extremely rare opportunity to film such an event.

Anyway, thanks man!

Comment

• JangBoGo
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Berkut
                            Used basically just the phone camera on the first day, but will stick to only the actual camera tomorrow.
                            If possible, and if its displayed, please grab as many snaps of Zhuk-AE or whatever designation its now having.
                            TIA

Comment

• TR1
                              TR1
                              • Oct 2010

Su-34 need a pod Seph, because Platan is old **** that was barely passable in the late 1990s, let alone today.
                              sigpic

Comment

• sepheronx
                                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by TR1 View Post
                                Su-34 need a pod Seph, because Platan is old **** that was barely passable in the late 1990s, let alone today.
                                yes, but wouldn't it be better to just upgrade it with newer electronics so they can save a hardpoint for a weapon?

Comment

• TR1
                                  TR1
                                  • Oct 2010

Su-34 is not lacking in hardpoints, so I don't think that is a real issue. Plus, a pod will have much better view angles.
                                  Could attach it on a special pylon off the engine nacelles if you really wanted to as well I suppose, like on the MiG-29M2. But no real need, Su-34 isn't running out of pylons.
                                  sigpic

Comment

• TR1
                                    TR1
                                    • Oct 2010

http://diana-mihailova.livejournal.com/867767.html

Photos and details of Su-35s weapons control system: what is this KOEP-35 system that is mentioned? DIRCM, or targeting pod?

The layout Berkut snapped:

SMT:

http://www.ato.ru/content/vertolety-...link=frs&pos=5

Chinese company buying 5 medical Ansat-Us, 3 Mi-171 and 2 Ka-32 firefighters.

http://www.ato.ru/content/gtlk-zakaz...link=frs&pos=6

Russian gov leasing company is buying 12 Mi-8AMT from Ulan-Ude, 6 Mi-8MTV-1 and 12 Ansat from Kazan in 2018, for municipal and hospital use.
                                    sigpic

Comment

• sepheronx
                                      • Jun 2015

Su-34 is not lacking in hardpoints, so I don't think that is a real issue. Plus, a pod will have much better view angles.
                                      Could attach it on a special pylon off the engine nacelles if you really wanted to as well I suppose, like on the MiG-29M2. But no real need, Su-34 isn't running out of pylons.
                                      Fair point. I wonder what they could supplement in the section where the platan system is then? Just more electronics of some sort?

I imagine the pod in question can fit nearly every aircraft of all types. So I don't think there would be any issue at all fitting it to a Su-34 vs Su-30 and 35.

Comment

• WP840
                                        Whisky Papa
                                        • Feb 2006

Does the SU-35 have more hard points than the A-10?
                                        If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Comment

• TR1
                                          TR1
                                          • Oct 2010

Large contingent of VKS birds has arrived in China for Aviadarts 2017:

sigpic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X