Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TR1
    TR1
    http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
    • Oct 2010

sigpic

Comment

• TR1
      TR1
      • Oct 2010

Nice Su-35 flip:

sigpic

Comment

• TR1
        TR1
        • Oct 2010

sigpic

Comment

• Austin
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Oct 2003

Cool story. Reminds me LFI/LMFS. Soon(tm)
          Depends if PAK-DP gets funded in GPV-2018 . IF it does then there is good chance we will see it else its LMFS way.

Atleast the program and Mig-31 replacement was debated in State Duma , So there is some interest in replacing the Interceptor with another one but all depends if new GPV funds it.
          "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• Peregrinefalcon
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jul 2012

TR1

Nice Su-35 flip:
            I really hope that this was the pilots intention and not the large large amount of sideslip (associated with Kulbit maneuver) that led to a spin?!

In any case it is impressive because if it was intentional it only shows the amount of controllability the plane possess and if it was the sideslip that led to a spin, it only shows how quickly and efficiently the plane can stabilize and manage such dangerous situations.

Here is the example of Su-30MKI when the plane entered the spin during backflip, look at 1:00

The plane went upside down, but in mere seconds the pilot was able to stabilize the plane and carry on with the routine.

Comment

• TomcatViP
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Nov 2011

Impressive for sure. But I am not convinced that the Su35 move was unintentional.

Comment

• Berkut
                • Nov 2011

T-50-9 pic no worky, here is an reupload;

What is the source for it anyway TR1?

Comment

• Scar
                  • Nov 2015

"Disappointment. When 9M100 after 25 years of waiting is slightly enlarged SA-15 Gauntlet missile." (с) Mikhail Jerdev, aka Muxel

Comment

• TR1
                    TR1
                    • Oct 2010

Berkut:

I think i nabbed it from here, but seems down there too:

https://aviaforum.ru/threads/budni-c...27147/page-180

Peregrine:

I had the same thought, thanks for the Su-30 video. Looked pretty controlled though, I guess we will find out soon if the routine is repeated during the event- I would like to see them introduce more forced spin entry and exit in Flanker routines, looks spectacular even to a casual viewer and is a testament to the controllability of the aircraft.

Su-27SM:

Last edited by TR1; 16th July 2017, 16:15.
                    sigpic

Comment

• sepheronx
                      • Jun 2015

Depends if PAK-DP gets funded in GPV-2018 . IF it does then there is good chance we will see it else its LMFS way.

Atleast the program and Mig-31 replacement was debated in State Duma , So there is some interest in replacing the Interceptor with another one but all depends if new GPV funds it.
                      MiG-31 wont fly forever. They will have to replace it eventually.

Comment

• Austin
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Oct 2003

9M100 is the 5th Missile of S-400 series , what type of guidance it uses ?

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2732719.html

Looks like its Active Homing missile .....I see two missiles there 9M100E & 9M100E-1

what is the difference between , The E1 seems fatter ?
                        Last edited by Austin; 17th July 2017, 04:29.

Comment

• Austin
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Oct 2003

What is the redmissile that Su-35 is carrying ?

Comment

• TR1
                            TR1
                            • Oct 2010

In which photo Austin?
                            sigpic

Comment

• blash
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                              "Disappointment. When 9M100 after 25 years of waiting is slightly enlarged SA-15 Gauntlet missile." (с) Mikhail Jerdev, aka Muxel
                              Frankly, I don't understand what he's hinting at. Was he expecting it end up being slightly smaller SM-3 or something? :/

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                              9M100 is the 5th Missile of S-400 series , what type of guidance it uses ?
                              Muxel has pointed out that those are very close to 338 conceptually.

The latter, as well as the former, were originally supposed to be command line + IR (as well as 9M100), but the 9M338K mock up that was on a display circa 2012 did not indicate any IR seeker

Combined with NVO publication circa same year claiming that they did not get the seeker figured out yet and the system [TOR-M2] has passed the trials using a missile without one (command line only, most likely said K-indexed 338), leaves the question open.

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                              What is the redmissile that Su-35 is carrying ?
                              If you are talking about the photo with 4 red mockups than the inner pylons carry Kh-38MEs with new shorter fin setup (you can see it on a static display as well as many other stuff here: https://missiles2go.ru/2017/07/16/ma...ni-do-nachala/), while the outer pylons have Kh-38UE with the distinguishable engine to the aft and, interestingly, short fins as well.

EDIT: ok, i got what he said wrong, he was comparing the base set up to an old 9M330, which is true, the missile doesn't resemble 338 much in that regard.
                              Last edited by blash; 17th July 2017, 07:05.

Comment

• MSphere
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Austin
                                What is the red missile that Su-35 is carrying ?
                                My question, exactly.. The ones under wings look like Kh-35U(E).. But the ones under the intakes are largely unknown to me.. Kh-38M(E) of some sort, perhaps?

Comment

• MSphere
                                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by blash
                                  If you are talking about the photo with 4 red mockups than the inner pylons carry Kh-38MEs with new shorter fin setup (you can see it on a static display as well as many other stuff here: while the outer pylons have Kh-35UE with the distinguishable engine to the aft and, interestingly, short fins as well.
                                  shorter fin setup = fit for internal bays carriage?

Comment

• Scar
                                    • Nov 2015

Actually, it's a pretty strange mockup. Something average between Kh-38 - but it lacks folded wings which you can see on the previously published photos of Kh-38 mockup, and KAB-250 - but KAB-250 wouldn't be installed on APU unit.

Comment

• Austin
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Oct 2003

Modernization of Su-33
                                      According to Kozhin, all Su-33 Naval aviation Russia will be upgrading and will be brought to the level of the latest Su-30cm.

"Half of the fleet of Su-33 received a new system of combat employment of naval and ground targets In fact, their capacity upgraded to Su-30cm All the Su-33, the armament Sea naval aviation, will be held this upgrade..", - said he.
                                      Kozhin said that before the end of 2017 60% of the total fleet will meet the current level of requirements for aeronautical engineering Naval Aviation.

He recalled that two years in the Naval Aviation were adopted more than 20 Su-30cm. It formed a new regiment, which are armed with MiG-29 fighters.

July 17th Naval aviation of the Russian Navy celebrates 101 th anniversary of the establishment.
                                      Подробнее на ТАСС:
                                      http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/4417921

Comment

• Peregrinefalcon
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Jul 2012

"Originally Posted by TR1

I had the same thought, thanks for the Su-30 video. Looked pretty controlled though, I guess we will find out soon if the routine is repeated during the event- I would like to see them introduce more forced spin entry and exit in Flanker routines, looks spectacular even to a casual viewer and is a testament to the controllability of the aircraft.
                                        You are welcome.

Here is the video that can help us to some extent:

Look at 5:38

The plane definitely looks like it has some unwanted rotations, but when we watch at 6:37 and 7:00 there is definitely pattern to it and it looks like it was the pilots intention to do so.

On the other hand we have also the example of "simple" Kulbit in this video from the rehearsal at 0:18

In any case very impressive!

Only thing that I would like to see for a change is PAK-FA pulling some serious G's, but I don't think this will happen any time soon?

Comment

• Berkut
                                          • Nov 2011

Su-35S is flying with new variants of Kh-35 and Kh-38 meant for T-50.

Su-33 being modernized to "the level of Su-30SM" is of course nonsense - he is talking about Gefest.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X