Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yak has an F 16 intake

Comment

Are those RVV-SD and RVV-MD on Su-30SM ?
      "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

Probably R-73, but that does look like R-77-1 to me.

EDIT: oops, thought you meant the Su-35 pic. Probably just R-73 and R-77 mockups on the Su-30SM.
        Last edited by TR1; 10th July 2017, 07:28.
        sigpic

Comment

What makes you think they are mock-ups?

Comment

Now i could be wrong. But the red/white R-77 is most likely a Training version. Dunno if it have an inert warhead or not, but i think its used for live fireing training. The R-73.. who knows.
            They might all be mock-ups, might be from the PR video done from back of a cargo jet.

If it was for a Press session, they wont strap live weapons on it. Why would they.
            Last edited by haavarla; 10th July 2017, 14:34.
            Thanks

Comment

I've only managed to find this blog mentioning the same photo, but the information given is anything but conclusive.

Comment

Supposedly, the first Tu-160M2:

sigpic

Comment

Sorry if I am annoying but:
                  https://vpk.name/news/186312_pervyii...onca_goda.html

There seems to be too much convolution with the MiG-35. First they say all are supposed to get AESA radar. Now just Zhuk-M and the government may get AESA, then this or that. It is getting a bit too much really. Either stick with a plan or not. Why bother with a jet that has a radar that isn't competitive and capable in modern warfare? Just to keep Mikoyan alive?

I think they may get the AESA radar but who knows. I wouldn't see the need for the MiG-35 if it doesn't get what it was supposed to have. They have been working on AESA for many years now, and there has been many achievements and new strives in AESA tech in Russia. So why is Phazotron having such a difficult time?

On that same note, how many N036's been built and flown?
                  Does anyone have some kind of idea?

Comment

The general conception is this:

1.) MiG bailout + order is good for exports (though the Egyptians already bit, so that may be moot).
                    2.) Korotkov already mentioned first birds for VKS would have Zhuk-M.
                    3.) Presumably when the AESA is finally ready they will transition to it, the question of how many new Fulcrums will be bought is very much in the air depending on desired fleet size, lobbying and of course $$$.
                    4.) If by that article, the first pre-serial AESA for the MiG-35 will only be completed this year, needless to say it just confirms that the first birds serial will not have it. Unless they decide to push deliveries of serial planes back to 2019+. Which incidentally, is when RD-33MKM development was supposed to wrap up.....(crossing fingers).
                    Last edited by TR1; 11th July 2017, 05:27.
                    sigpic

Comment

Alright, fair enough. So it was mostly delays in the radar. Being that it is pre-serial, then it would technically be the last of the Radar ready for full production then? If that is around time RD-33MKM, then it may be better to simply push back production till the components are ready (engines + Radar).

BTW, my question about the N036, is there much word on that one? I know 1 has flown and been flying. But was there more testbeds carrying the radar?

Comment

The 3rd T-50 had some variation of radar. But surly not in the complete and final form. They are all prototype so no one here would know.
                        Thanks

Comment

Supposedly, the first Tu-160M2:
                          The 1970's called. They want their aircraft and photocamera back.

Comment

So what have they done with the engines on the Tu-160M2.
                            Have they redone some of fan stages or have they replaced the whole Cold section like on Idz 117?

NK-32M
                            Compressor: 3-stage LP (fan), 5-stage IP, 7-stage HP
                            Combustors: annularTurbine: 1-stage HP, 1-stage IP, 2-stage LP
                            Last edited by haavarla; 11th July 2017, 09:24.
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sepheronx View Post
                              Alright, fair enough. So it was mostly delays in the radar. Being that it is pre-serial, then it would technically be the last of the Radar ready for full production then? If that is around time RD-33MKM, then it may be better to simply push back production till the components are ready (engines + Radar).

BTW, my question about the N036, is there much word on that one? I know 1 has flown and been flying. But was there more testbeds carrying the radar?
                              First one in pak-fa was third plane. Now up to 9th and maybe soon 10th. So you would say 6 at least flying. 7th plane stress test.
                              Probably 2 or 3 in factory waiting for clearance.

Comment

Yes the Red/white is training round with inert warhead used to generate load.

BTW have their operationalised RVV-MD ? Atleast the dual colour seeker will be better discrimination compared to single colour seeker on R-73

Comment

Comment

Nice photo, thank you Sergey.

Looks like KAB-500Kr has been either stockpiled well, or recently bought in decent numbers. Appeared on Su-35S, Su-35, Su-30SM, etc recently.

EDIT: Or could that be the Kab-500OD?
                                    sigpic

Comment

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2727162.html

Izvestya article claims that one of the two new helicopter brigades, the 112th, will be based near Chita, and will be the first to get the new Mi-28NM attack helo, as well as transport Mi-8s.
                                      sigpic

Comment

MAKS Airshow Spotlights Russian Aerospace Industry In Transition

http://aviationweek.com/defense/maks...try-transition

Comment

First flight of the TVS-2DTS, an all-composite An-2 replacement. Unfortunately with an American engine currently.

More photos and info here:

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2727585.html
                                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X