Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSR
    JSR
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Scar View Post
    For serial produced weapons systems, as MIG-29M2 for Egypt, Zhuk-A is still doesn't exist, isn't in production and can't be installed on the actual weapon systems...because it never existed as a tested and serial produced module for the actual weapon systems as MIG-29M2. See? I was right.

You just need to separate your wishful thinking and the "Legends of Tommorow" from reality. In reality, there is no such a weapon module as FCR Zhuk-A. There are only some prototypes in development with unclear level of their readiness even for the State Trials, which they still not passed yet.
    it depends how much Egypt paying and and when they signed the original order and when they want the system. as I said it hasnt been received by Ruaf so your premature speculation of its non-existence when it clearly exist and Phazotron AESA development are broad from Ka-27M to UAVs and radar satellites. there is no reason to doubt.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...n-russian-navy
    The digital systems on the Ka-27M are similar to those on the Ka-52 Alligator and its navalized version, the Ka-52K Katran. Several helicopters can exchange data in real time among themselves, their warships and control centers on shore.

The Ka-27M’s mission equipment has been integrated by Phazotron-NIIR, a member in the KRET concern of Rostec Corporation. It includes modern hydro acoustics and magnetic anomaly analysis, radio emission detection and recognition, information processing and other systems. The Kopyo-A radar with an active phased array replaces the older Osminog-PL radar that had a parabolic antenna with mechanical beam steering.

Phazotron-NIIR describes the Kopyo-A as a “multi-mode radar for combat, range is quoted as 250km.

Comment

• Scar
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by JSR View Post
      it depends how much Egypt paying
      No, our dear fantasier. It depends on how much Zhuk-A is actually ready for service and serial production. Come back when you will have something better, just like a news telling Zhuk-A has passed the State Trials and eneterd serial production, than your wishful thinking and fantasies about Tommorow.

Comment

• JSR
        JSR
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Aug 2011

No, our dear fantasier. It depends on how much Zhuk-A is actually ready for service and serial production. Come back when you will have something better, just like a news telling Zhuk-A has passed the State Trials and eneterd serial production, than your wishful thinking and fantasies about Tommorow.
        It exist but it hasnt delivered to state trails. your english is poor in articulating the right sentence construct. your basically denying Phazotron AESA programme when it already enter with Kopyo-A. Kopya itself belong to Zhuk family of radars as it designed for less powerfull like MIG-21 and helicopters.

Comment

• MSphere
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by stealthflanker View Post
          I expect it would be the same Slotted planar array as Russian and Indian's MiG's.
          Same here..

Originally posted by stealthflanker View Post
          Those Zhuk MF phased arrays have kinda sketchy fate despite the promising capability.
          I am not sure if this type was ever flight-tested..

Comment

• MSphere
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by sepheronx View Post
            So whatever happened to the AESA radar?
            The AESA went through multiple stages.. the first FGA01-01 (2007) has been light tested on the #154 but with mere 680 TRMs failed to meet requirements.. it has been enlarged to FGA-29 688mm full-size array with 1,064 TRMs (2011).. to my knowledge, the resulting radar was deemed too heavy and too demanding in terms of cooling.. the last incarnation is called FGA-35 and has 960 TRMs.. no idea whether it is this type that is installed on the #967..
            Last edited by MSphere; 2nd April 2017, 21:39.

Comment

• JSR
              JSR
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Aug 2011

Current MIG-29 at 180km.

http://www.airrecognition.com/index....s-sensors.html
              The Zhuk-AME is made of sophisticated electronic componentry. Its transmit-receive (T-R) modules are made of light high-temperature ceramics with the use of the 3D technology. This allows a reduction in the thickness of the AESA itself to about 10 cm together with the power supply sources and control units. The radar consists of three units - the AESA, synthesizer and computer system.

The Zhuk-AME is far more advanced than the current radars are now.

"The radars performance has been boosted by about 50% as a result of consolidating all technological strengths in the AESA. The overall weight of the advanced radar is around 100 kg. While the MiG-29 can attack targets out to 180 km, the latest Zhuk extends the engagement range to 260 km," Phazotron-NIIRs general designer emphasized.

Comment

• TR1
                TR1
                http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                • Oct 2010

Looks good, most advanced MiG-29 to date:

sigpic

Comment

• haavarla
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Dec 2008

Are these 50 EAF Migs piped for carry all those wet bags seen here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MiG-29KUB_MAKS-2011_012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	3673793
                  Thanks

Comment

• Deino
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by TR1 View Post
                    Looks good, most advanced MiG-29 to date:
                    Impressive bird, but I miss the sleeker lines of the single seater !

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                    My working week and my Sunday rest,
                    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                    I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                    For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                    -------------------------------------------------
                    W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• haavarla
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Deino View Post
                      You mean with the smaller singel seat cockpit canopy?

Well i think the lines are equally good(if not better) with the new singel(double..) seat large canopy.
                      Last edited by haavarla; 3rd April 2017, 13:02.
                      Thanks

Comment

• Deino
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2000

Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                        You mean with the smaller singel seat cockpit canopy?

Well i think the lines are equally good(if not better) with the new singel seat large canopy.
                        Yes ... similar to the original MiG-29M or K ... but anyway a nice bird and who deems the one more beautiful than another lies always in the eyes of the beholder.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                        My working week and my Sunday rest,
                        My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                        I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                        Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                        Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                        For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                        -------------------------------------------------
                        W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• MSphere
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                          Are these 50 EAF Migs piped for carry all those wet bags seen here?
                          Sure, I have no doubts about this..
                          Last edited by MSphere; 3rd April 2017, 13:37.

Comment

• Flyboy77
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Deino View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	3673796

I'm with you on the original MiG-29M single seater but still love it. Looks a lot better then the MiG-29UB trainer from the original series anyway.

Comment

• JangBoGo
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MSphere View Post
                              The AESA went through multiple stages.. the first FGA01-01 (2007) has been light tested on the #154 but with mere 680 TRMs failed to meet requirements.. it has been enlarged to FGA-29 688mm full-size array with 1,064 TRMs (2011).. to my knowledge, the resulting radar was deemed too heavy and too demanding in terms of cooling.. the last incarnation is called FGA-35 and has 960 TRMs.. no idea whether it is this type that is installed on the #967..
                              As far as I can recollect now, without a recheck, the first Zhuk-AE unit displayed on the MiG-29 (then paraded as the MiG-35) was a technology demonstrator to prove the basic tech of an AESA FCR for fighters in Russia. Even during those period it was mentioned that its just a TD and the real production version will be larger with more T/R modules once the testing phase is finished. This was also mentioned during the MMRCA contest in NIIR reports/interviews.
                              After the MMRCA contest (which anyway had politics involved) was over for the RAC, we did not hear much about the Zhuk-AE. Then somewhere down the line LTCC became reality (even though it was the plan back in 2005) and we saw a completely new and compact design from what was earlier displayed.

The approx timeline for Zhuk-AESA basically looked like this
                              2003/4 or much earlier - Development of first AESA FCR for fighter in Russia started by NIIR.
                              2005 - Development was reportedly nearly completed.
                              2007 - Displayed an actual working TD unit on MiG-29 after it had already completed flight hours on a MiG-29.
                              2013 - A new design with employment of LTCC T/R modules showcased.
                              2016 - Another more refined/final/production standard unit/design was displayed and was also promoted for India's LCA Tejas.
                              2016 - Zhuhai-2016, only Jane's reported and published a pic of the Zhuk-AME.
                              I still dont understand WTF no one else had any info or even a pic of that display unit. All I have seen till now is that single pic courtesy Jane's.

Comment

• JangBoGo
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Jan 2011

For serial produced weapons systems, as MIG-29M2 for Egypt, Zhuk-A is still doesn't exist, isn't in production and can't be installed on the actual weapon systems...because it never existed as a tested and serial produced module for the actual weapon systems as MIG-29M2. See? I was right.

In reality, there is no such a weapon module as FCR Zhuk-A. There are only some prototypes in development with unclear level of their readiness even for the State Trials, which they still not passed yet.
                                C'mon dude. Just get up and move on. Is it that hard?

Comment

• Austin
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Oct 2003

Russia developing unmanned Forpost-M

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...post-m-435419/
                                  "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• FBW
                                    FBW
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Dec 2011

General question provoked by above pictures of the Mig-29, does anyone have information on Russian/Soviet legacy external fuel tanks?

There are the: PTB-1500, 1150, 1000 series (also a 3,000L and an 800L)

Questions:

1. What are different external fuel tanks (manufacturers, series, which aircraft)? Anyone have a site for this or even manufacturer literature?
                                    2. Which are supersonic rated?
                                    Last edited by FBW; 4th April 2017, 15:07.

Comment

• haavarla
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by FBW View Post
                                      General question provoked by above pictures of the Mig-29, does anyone have information on Russian/Soviet legacy external fuel tanks?

There are the: PTB-1500, 1150, 1000 series (also a 3,000L and an 800L)

Questions:

1. What are different external fuel tanks (manufacturers, series, which aircraft)? Anyone have a site for this or even manufacturer literature?
                                      2. Which are supersonic rated?
                                      I think there are only two standard set of EFT for Mig-29 today. The fattie EFT on senter station. And the smaller on wing station.

The rest is older stuff

Thanks

Comment

• FBW
                                        FBW
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Dec 2011

Thanks, yes those I saw. I am assuming that the 1150L tanks for the wing are supersonic tanks?

Comment

• TR1
                                          TR1
                                          http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                                          • Oct 2010

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2532565.html

ODK has delivered the first two TV7-117ST engines to NAPO for the Il-112V.
                                          sigpic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X