RuAF News and development Thread part 15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting.
    Thete is some sensor housing on the side of the airframe as well.
    Thanks

Comment

http://diana-mihailova.livejournal.com/302321.html

Motor-Sich claims it has not exported AI-222 to Russia since 2014....might mean Saluyt was not exaggerating when they said they were producing them entirely in-house.
      sigpic

Comment

Defense Ministry refused Superjet purchases in favor of the AN-148

https://lenta.ru/news/2017/02/22/ssj/

The Russian Defense Ministry refused the idea of replacing older passenger aircraft Tu-154 and Tu-134 modern short-range Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ-100). This was reported on Wednesday, February 22 , "Kommersant" with reference to the Deputy Minister for Armaments Yuri Borisov.

Option purchases SSJ-100, according to Borisov, has been delayed because the plane "may not be suitable for a variety of characteristics." "Kommersant" a source in the Defense Ministry explained the rejection of the SSJ-100 "low-mounted engine" of the aircraft, and therefore the landing at military airfields due to the low quality of their runways may cause an accident. "Perhaps, we will return to the consideration of options as to bring our airports into proper condition", - he added. Another interviewee pointed out that there are other reasons connected in particular with the service.

To write off the Tu-154 and Tu-134, according to Yuri Borisov, it is planned to replace the An-148, developed by the Ukrainian Antonov Design Bureau, and the Tu-214. At the same time, according to the interlocutors of the newspaper, the decommissioning of the Soviet long-range Il-62M is not considered, as their flight resource and technical condition is satisfactory.

According to sources in the aviation industry it is not yet clear how many of the Tu-214 and An-148 military will buy, but we can talk about "dozens of machines." It is expected that the Ministry of Defence order will load Kazan KAPO Gorbunov, which produced the Tu-214, and Voronezh VASO, which was to stop production of the An-148 by 2018.

At the same time the chief editor of "Air Transport Review" Alexey Komarov called the selection of AN-148 "strange", as part of the components supplied from Ukraine to ban military-technical cooperation with Russia.

The fact that the Ministry of Defence on behalf of the Minister Sergei Shoigu Ministry is studying the possibility of decommissioning of its passenger aircraft Tu-154, Tu-134 and Il-62M and replacing them with modern Tu-214 and the Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ-100), reported in mid-January.

The reason for the discussion of renovation of the passenger of the military department of the park served as a crash of the Tu-154B-2 Ministry of Defense in the Black Sea which occurred on 25 December and claimed 92 lives.

Currently, the Ministry of Defence has a fleet of 14 aircraft Tu-154B-2 model years 1979-1985, seven Tu-154 1986-2012 years, 36 Tu-134A and Tu-134A-3 (1975-1983), as well as nine Il 62 (1977-1992 years). These machines are used for transportation of senior management personnel.
        "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

^^ Would be fool to build more An-148 and depend on Ukraine for its engine and other component , better to fix those airports and buy more SSJ-100

Comment

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2450681.html

16 Mi-8MTV-5 delivered to the 48th Airbase. Pics in the link.

https://lenta.ru/news/2017/02/22/iran/

Iran is interested in purchasing 12 Superjets in the near future.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              ^^ Would be fool to build more An-148 and depend on Ukraine for its engine and other component , better to fix those airports and buy more SSJ-100
              I suppose a part of the argument is An-148 orders support VASO.

But yeah given that it is unlikely they can replace ALL Ukrainian components, and the An-148s poor commercial career in Russia.....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TR1 View Post
                I suppose a part of the argument is An-148 orders support VASO.

But yeah given that it is unlikely they can replace ALL Ukrainian components, and the An-148s poor commercial career in Russia.....
                The complain is the engines are low and that it does not have a high mounted wing like An-148 , which can be a valid argument to make if they frequently fly from unprepared strips or runways.

You cant do much about the wings and engine for SSJ-100 but they can improve the landing gear for higher sink rate incase of semi-prepared strip and runways and have an in built entrance stairs.

Some of the issues raised by RuAF are quite valid as such An-148 was designed to operate from extreme climate and little ground infra but if SSJ-100 with change meets 90-95 % of their requirement they can go with it. They wont be using it for any thing more than troop transport , communication or medevac in rare case transport

Comment

Russian company working on a lightweight stealth fighter to replace the Mig-29 and Mig35

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/02...ghtweight.html

Russias RSK-MiG is working on a new lightweight fifth-generation stealth fighter to replace the Mikoyan MiG-29 and MiG-35 Fulcrum series fighters.

Called the Liogkiy Mnogofunktsionalniy Frontovoi Samolyet (LMFS)or Light Multi-Function Frontal Aircraft in EnglishUnited Aircraft Corporation is developing the new aircraft out of its own funds, reports aviation journalist Piotr Butowski in the French-language trade journal Air and Cosmos.

The LMFS will use a canard configuration reminiscent of the now-defunct Mikoyan Project 1.44 design, which was developed in the late 1980s as the Soviet Unions answer to the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.

The aircraft will likely have an empty weight of roughly 33,000lbs and a maximum takeoff weight of 55,000lbs. The aircraft will be equipped with internal weapons bays and advanced avionicsassuming it ever reaches fruition.

As currently envisioned, the new fighter will be equipped with a pair of the Klimov VK-10M afterburning turbofanswhich are advanced derivatives of the MiG-29-series RD-33 powerplantrated at 22,000lb thrust each. That should enable the aircraft to reach speeds of between Mach 1.8 and Mach 2.0 with a range of 2485 miles when configured with external droptanks.

It is possible that Mikoyan may revise the design into a single-engine configuration if the PAK-FAs next-generation izdeliye 30 engines reach a suitable level of maturity in time. There are few details available about the izdeliye 30 engines, but the new powerplant is expected to deliver 24,054lbs dry thrust and 39,566lbs of afterburning thrust.

Comment

Why is this qualified as being stealth?
                    Also more a mustache than a canard. Could be retractable.

Comment

39,566lbs of afterburning thrust, you say? I heard it was only 39,563lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rii View Post
                        39,566lbs of afterburning thrust, you say? I heard it was only 39,563lbs.
                        That's the export version.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                          Russian company working on a lightweight stealth fighter to replace the Mig-29 and Mig35

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/02...ghtweight.html

It seem me that they have borrowed S-27 rudders, judging by their dimensions...
                          Seriously, some more credible sketches?

Comment

It has huge VS like the F-22 ,Not much novelty in Aerodynamics like PAK-FA , seems like safe and conventional approach towards achieving LO like J-21

Comment

With all my due respect to Piotr Butowski - i don't think this thing has anything common with the real design-concepts.

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                                With all my due respect to Piotr Butowski - i don't think this thing has anything common with the real design-concepts.
                                Other than it will be a twin engine design.
                                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                                  Other than it will be a twin engine design.
                                  TBH, i strongly doubt - it will be a twin engine. At least, i pray - it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                                    TBH, i strongly doubt - it will be a twin engine. At least, i pray - it won't.
                                    Could you be more precise?

Afaik, Russia are light year away from a F135 class engine.
                                    Hense a two engine design.
                                    Besides I question the need for a small/light design based on one singel engine.
                                    You end up with one fat engine, then add fuel and int w-bays, which make the jet very much F-35 fatso.

If you do two engine, place them widely apart. Go for the very proven wing/body layout. You then get more space for fuel and weapons.
                                    And With that, something that resemble a fighter jet and not the F-35 the Hut!
                                    Last edited by haavarla; 23rd February 2017, 10:36.
                                    Thanks

Comment

I find more probable to discover an alien civilization in the next 10 years than to see any single engine russian fighter again.
                                      They have this wondrous blended wing/podded engine expertise, working perfectly on 5gen plane also, so why forfeit it?
                                      Light and 5 gen doesn't match well together, so anything less than 10ton empty weight is out question IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                                        Could you be more precise?

Afaik, Russia are light year away from a F135 class engine.
                                        Hense a two engine design.
                                        Besides I question the need for a small/light design based on one singel engine.
                                        You end up with one fat engine, then add fuel and int w-bays, which make the jet very much F-35 fatso.

If you do two engine, place them widely apart. Go for the very proven wing/body proven layout. You then get more space for fuel and weapons.

So they should simply join AVIC/SAC and finish the FC-31.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                                        My working week and my Sunday rest,
                                        My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                                        I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                                        Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                                        Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                                        For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                                        -------------------------------------------------
                                        W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

Nope.
                                          Why don't UAC order the FC-31 then..?

I have no real opinion eighter way for a 5th Gen light prospect for Russia. It might barely have a chance on export market.
                                          But VKS do not need such a platform.
                                          And if there is no domestic need, then i question this program..
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X