Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Aviation News

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 13 (3 members and 10 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tango III
    started a topic Military Aviation News

Military Aviation News

The "New" Military Aviation News was opened.

The old thread here:

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showt...tion-News-2015

• Yama
    replied
    Wasn't Malaysia unhappy with high Israeli content in Tejas? FA-50 has nearly as much Israeli stuff.

Supposedly JF-17 Block III will have longer service life.

Leave a comment:

• a89
    replied
    3 million is not a large price difference. 5 a little bit, but not a biggie. They should consider the FA-50 simply due to long term stability over engine support and supplies. Although both the Tejas and Thunder are more likely to be integrated with a greater variety of weapons. Out of curiosity, which of these three has the best range? since Malaysia is vast

Other factors should also be taken into account when determining the cost. The life of the JF-17 is 3,000 hours, and the engine needs an overhaul every 600 hours (data from 2013). I am not sure about FA-50 but should be higher.

Leave a comment:

• Mags76
    replied
    Originally posted by pesko View Post

I know that anything less than unconditional praise for the F-35 is triggering to you, but I think a lot of readers of the forum appreciate Tango's links and can make up their own minds regarding the credibility of the articles.
    As well as the technical merits of each aircraft I feel politics will play a big role in this. Any choice will obviously send a message of where Malaysia sees herself aligned. As such a FA-50 or Tejas purchase could be construed as going up against China whilst a JF-17 would be seen as possible a pro China move by Malaysia.

FA-50 and JF-17 also have the benefits of being in widespread use by their own air forces and also successfully exported. FA-50 would have some commonality with F-18 weapons and tech, yet unsure how keen Malaysia would be buying a plane used by most of it's neighbours too. On a side note Mahthir Bin Mohmmed is chief guest at Pakistan Day Parade which will see lots of JF-17 action....

Leave a comment:

• pesko
    replied
    Originally posted by SpudmanWP View Post
    For the love of God.. check your National Interest articles because they re-post a lot of old news as if it's current.

Better yet, stop post National Interest "news".

Just so you are aware, "lightning" issues for the F-35 were solved a LONG time ago.
    I know that anything less than unconditional praise for the F-35 is triggering to you, but I think a lot of readers of the forum appreciate Tango's links and can make up their own minds regarding the credibility of the articles.
    Last edited by pesko; 22nd February 2019, 10:22.

Leave a comment:

• djcross
    replied
    Tango III, thank you for taking the time to bring news links to the forum. I appreciate your efforts.

Leave a comment:

• Spitfire9
    replied
    Originally posted by TomcatViP View Post

The JF-17 costs $25 million per unit, and the Tejas and the FA-50 cost approximately $28 million and $30 million respectively. An order of 36 JF-17 fighters would mean a very substantial amount will be saved, Ho said.
    You would have to like gambling to choose an aircraft made by a manufacturer that has no track record in terms of delivering either more or less to spec or more or less on time. Don't know if JF-17 can be accused of that. Nor FA-50.

In my experience you avoid exporting until you have got things sorted in terms of adequately (at least) supplying your own market. Doing otherwise is foolhardy: you risk seriously damaging your brand credibility, losing an awful lot of money, possibly cursing your product irredeemably and setting your company's export prospects back by many. many years. In any case where India is concerned, anything more than token export numbers of LCA would serve to aggravate the shortfall in LCA supply to the local market, so why offer rare goods elsewhere?

Message is this: until you've got it more or less right at home, don't even think of inflicting your deficiencies on others, especially if it aggravates the problems your failings have already caused where your own market is concerned.

Sorry, but I just think a little bit of reality is not such an appalling thing.

Leave a comment:

• Vans
    replied
    ^ 3 million is not a large price difference. 5 a little bit, but not a biggie. They should consider the FA-50 simply due to long term stability over engine support and supplies. Although both the Tejas and Thunder are more likely to be integrated with a greater variety of weapons. Out of curiosity, which of these three has the best range? since Malaysia is vast

Leave a comment:

• TomcatViP
    replied
    While Tango finishes his Mate "tranquilio"

How does Pakistans Thunder fare against contenders in Malaysias aircraft competition?

Malaysia was eyeing larger fighters like the Rafale and Typhoon, but that plan was shelved due to budgetary woes, and the country instead turned to fulfill a light combat aircraft requirement. An LCA fleet would support Malaysias F/A-18 and Su-30 fighters.

The JF-17 is under consideration alongside the Tejas, produced by Indias Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, and the FA-50 Golden Eagle, made by South Koreas Korea Aerospace Industries. Pakistans offering is the most affordable of the three.
    [...]
    The JF-17 costs $25 million per unit, and the Tejas and the FA-50 cost approximately $28 million and $30 million respectively. An order of 36 JF-17 fighters would mean a very substantial amount will be saved, Ho said.
    Source:
    DefenseNews.com
    Last edited by TomcatViP; 21st February 2019, 22:34.

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    It is Tango's choice to repost news here. Not a problem if he ruffles some feathers. Ppl can quietly comment and say their opinion.

Leave a comment:

• haavarla
    replied
    Originally posted by Portagee View Post
    I for one appreciate all of Tango III's efforts in providing new stories from around the world. OK so he's been duped by one particular story, that's older than first appeared. So what, it happens.

Please I hope Tango III continues to post the excellent work that he does on this site.
    Hear hear! The very first page i check into is the news thread by Tango. A must for everyone whom has an interest in Aviation.
    Keep it up Tango, i very much appreciate it!!

Leave a comment:

• Scooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Portagee View Post
    I for one appreciate all of Tango III's efforts in providing new stories from around the world. OK so he's been duped by one particular story, that's older than first appeared. So what, it happens.

Please I hope Tango III continues to post the excellent work that he does on this site.

Spudman wasn't attacking Tango at all. He was just offended by the absurd story and was shocked the source dared repost it....(as was I)

Leave a comment:

• Scooter
    replied
    Originally posted by halloweene View Post
    USAF to buy 80 F-15X on a 5 years plan. Trump signed the bill to prevent F-35 delivery to Turkey.
    As I said in another thread. The USAF won't get the F-15X. While, Turkey will get the F-35....(ultimately)

Leave a comment:

• Scooter
    replied
    Originally posted by SpudmanWP View Post
    For the love of God.. check your National Interest articles because they re-post a lot of old news as if it's current.

Better yet, stop post National Interest "news".

Just so you are aware, "lightning" issues for the F-35 were solved a LONG time ago.
    While, I don't think we should band all stories from "National Interest". Yet, I can easily see why Spudman was often by it. As for them to rehash an old story. Which, has been thoroughly debunked many times over as false. Makes you seriously consider their intent???

Leave a comment:

• Portagee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    USAF to buy 80 F-15X on a 5 years plan. Trump signed the bill to prevent F-35 delivery to Turkey.

Leave a comment:

• syedirtiza
    replied
    IAF hawk collided mid air - very sad. hoping pilots are safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfZeKe6s9xQ

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    Tango III- thanks for the good work you do in compiling news links.
    What several posters were pointing out wasnt a criticism of you. National interest recycles stories both from their own contributors and sites like Task and Purpose, the article from the previous page was published a year ago. They just refresh heading and republish to generate site traffic.

That would be akin to a breaking news alert from Reuters on France winning 2018 World Cup, in February, 2019. Not exactly news anymore.

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    Originally posted by Tango III View Post
    You can't decide what news is posting here. This is a free place to handle all the military aviation news. You can quietly comment on any news you do not like but will not to decide!

From now I will stop posting any news here so that making you feel comfortable.

You can looking for who does offer the news you like.
    Thx let's not have another F-16.net

Leave a comment:

• halloweene
    replied
    sad

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
X