Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Aviation News

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ananda
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2010
    • 519

    Originally posted by Scooter View Post

    Getting old having "debunked" old stories that had no merit in the first place. Which, is not to say we don't appreciate Tango's links. Just in this case we expected more of him..........
    Isn't this already being discussed long time ago, that this thread from beginning is only for news only. So if somebody does not like the news, then don't read it and don't shoot the messenger.

    Comment

    • Guest's Avatar
      Guest

      Originally posted by ananda View Post

      Isn't this already being discussed long time ago, that this thread from beginning is only for news only. So if somebody does not like the news, then don't read it and don't shoot the messenger.
      Then feel free to keep posting "absurd" post and even fewer people will visit this forum...........

      Comment

      • Ozair
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Oct 2015
        • 822

        Originally posted by ananda View Post

        Isn't this already being discussed long time ago, that this thread from beginning is only for news only. So if somebody does not like the news, then don't read it and don't shoot the messenger.
        Why is this hard for people to understand, the new story was over two years old and simply republished by National Interest. The same standard applies to any random person posting a story about Rafale or Eurofighter or Su-57 that was two years old but some random website decided to publish it again.

        If I decided to post a story about the SU-57 engine fire tomorrow in this thread would I be informed that was old news? Of course I would. The same principal applies here.

        It is a shame Tango isn't going to keep posting but it is his choice not to and additionally I understand the time and effort he has taken to do so previously. Thanks for your efforts over the years Tango.

        Comment

        • ananda
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Oct 2010
          • 519

          Originally posted by Scooter View Post

          Then feel free to keep posting "absurd" post and even fewer people will visit this forum...........
          Then it's your choice, you don't want to come to this thread, well many others still want to come to see the thread. Look my point is, this thread is only for news. Whether you are going to believe it or not..it's your choice.

          This already happen from time to time..somebody post something in this thread, and other that does not like the news, shoot the massenger.

          There are other threads where you can debate the news or opinion. However this thread is only for news, and people like Tango already invested their own time to put the news on this thread.

          Don't like the news, and put rebuttal from other sources to counter that particular news. But don't shoot the massenger.

          Comment

          • ananda
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Oct 2010
            • 519

            Originally posted by Ozair View Post

            Why is this hard for people to understand, the new story was over two years old and simply republished by National Interest. The same standard applies to any random person posting a story about Rafale or Eurofighter or Su-57 that was two years old but some random website decided to publish it again.
            Then put rebuttal from other sources to contradict the news. Don't shoot the messenger.

            Comment

            • Portagee
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Nov 2007
              • 598

              Can we please move on, and return this thread back to news articles.

              Comment

              • halloweene
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jan 2012
                • 4350

                Originally posted by Scooter View Post

                Then feel free to keep posting "absurd" post and even fewer people will visit this forum...........
                Ppl like you or other fanboys from F-16.net ? Good!


                Tango, post back please!

                Comment

                • Ozair
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Oct 2015
                  • 822

                  Originally posted by ananda View Post

                  Then put rebuttal from other sources to contradict the news. Don't shoot the messenger.
                  That is a flawed approach. All it takes is the person posting to actually read the article and note it was republished from old material, it isn't hard...

                  Comment

                  • ananda
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 519

                    https://fightersweep.com/12044/air-f...-tucano-crash/

                    Comment

                    • ananda
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 519

                      Originally posted by Ozair View Post

                      That is a flawed approach. All it takes is the person posting to actually read the article and note it was republished from old material, it isn't hard...
                      No is not, as long as the rebute come with it's source. Bottom line is, if you don't agree with one news, and put other source that contradict that news, but not your oppinion.

                      That way this thread can be what it should be..News Only Thread.

                      Comment

                      • ananda
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 519

                        https://www.janes.com/article/86814/...per-engagement

                        MQ-9 reaper for Australia Armed UAV

                        Comment

                        • BlackArcher
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 4285

                          IAF strikes in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, fighter jets drop 1000 kg bombs across LOC destroying 3 terrorist camps

                          Comment

                          • Ozair
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Oct 2015
                            • 822

                            Originally posted by ananda View Post

                            No is not, as long as the rebute come with it's source. Bottom line is, if you don't agree with one news, and put other source that contradict that news, but not your oppinion.

                            That way this thread can be what it should be..News Only Thread.
                            An even more flawed approach. Let's post old news, then other old news to refute the first old news and that makes the thread just about news...

                            ​​​​​

                            Comment

                            • pilatus
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 737

                              https://thedefensepost.com/2019/02/2...-from-belarus/

                              Belarus MiG-29's donated to Serbia refurbishment commences in Belarus
                              visit www.irishairpics.com

                              Comment

                              • ananda
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 519

                                Originally posted by Ozair View Post

                                An even more flawed approach. Let's post old news, then other old news to refute the first old news and that makes the thread just about news...

                                ​​​​​
                                ​​​​​​Well that's the idea of this thread that already been around for so many years. It's only 'just about news' thread. There are many other threads in this forum to talk and debate oppinion. However most of people that came to this thread is only looking for news.

                                This not flawed approach if it can make this thread only for News..

                                Comment

                                • ananda
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Oct 2010
                                  • 519

                                  https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...ack-helicopter

                                  Turkey venture on AH-64 class.

                                  Comment

                                  • Ozair
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Oct 2015
                                    • 822

                                    Originally posted by ananda View Post

                                    ​​​​​​Well that's the idea of this thread that already been around for so many years. It's only 'just about news' thread. There are many other threads in this forum to talk and debate oppinion. However most of people that came to this thread is only looking for news.

                                    This not flawed approach if it can make this thread only for News..
                                    If you want the thread to only be about news that is fine but at least everyone could agree we don't want to come here and read old news. This thread has 350 pages... So almost certainly most old news articles have already been posted. If you want to go back and read old stuff go ahead but let's keep the thread then to current news. Only new stories that haven't been posted here yet makes sense.

                                    Comment

                                    • halloweene
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Jan 2012
                                      • 4350

                                      Originally posted by Ozair View Post

                                      If you want the thread to only be about news that is fine but at least everyone could agree we don't want to come here and read old news. This thread has 350 pages... So almost certainly most old news articles have already been posted. If you want to go back and read old stuff go ahead but let's keep the thread then to current news. Only new stories that haven't been posted here yet makes sense.
                                      NO This is NOT your choice. If you do not like an article, leave it or comment it (argumentativley) whatever.Tango did an excellent job till that small fanboyish attempt to dictate him his behaviour . Help modo!

                                      Comment

                                      • Tango III
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Sep 2006
                                        • 25365

                                        I would like to clarify something:

                                        The hostile story was not a repost by me at least, but if you notice -somebody did not see or did not want to see- that the link that the source is the news of Yahoo, which re-published the news and I thought it was a new story. I didnt notice to the origin of the original source or history, because the impact of the work, when I spends two or three hours posting news on 5 different places-threads- at the same time!

                                        https://news.yahoo.com/problem-steal...203100500.html

                                        However after more than three years of this version of news thread and 350 pages? and if one news was republished ? is that the end of the world?!

                                        Does anyone remember all the news published here? Or it could not be forgiven if it belonged to the sacred dog I mean F-35.

                                        Regarding.

                                        Comment

                                        • XB-70
                                          Rank 4 Registered User
                                          • May 2018
                                          • 350

                                          Tango III - I wouldn't even bother justifying yourself if I were you. Nobody complaining about things offered to pick up much the News burden. Why? Because it takes a good bit of time! I'd help you out more, but I don't have that kind of time to spare.

                                          Comment

                                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                          Collapse

                                           

                                          Working...
                                          X