Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Aviation News

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpudmanWP
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2009

For the love of God.. check your National Interest articles because they re-post a lot of old news as if it's current.

Better yet, stop post National Interest "news".

Just so you are aware, "lightning" issues for the F-35 were solved a LONG time ago.
    "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Comment

Originally posted by SpudmanWP View Post
      For the love of God.. check your National Interest articles because they re-post a lot of old news as if it's current.

Just so you are aware, "lightning" issues for the F-35 were solved a LONG time ago.

Sounds like something RT or Sputnik would re-post. Honestly, disappointing coming from National Interest.

Comment

• Mags76
        Rank 2 Registered User
        • Jan 2019

Two Indian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for defence exhibition

https://www.samaa.tv/global/2019/02/...ce-exhibition/

Comment

• Tango III
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Sep 2006

You can't decide what news is posting here. This is a free place to handle all the military aviation news. You can quietly comment on any news you do not like but will not to decide!

From now I will stop posting any news here so that making you feel comfortable.

You can looking for who does offer the news you like.

Comment

• pilatus
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Tango III View Post
            You can't decide what news is posting here. This is a free place to handle all the military aviation news. You can quietly comment on any news you do not like but will not to decide!

Tango, you do a great job finding and posting the news here. If someone doesnt like it, they dont have to read it, its as simple as that. The only reason I still come to this forum is for the great links you provide, the egos and trivial arguments some have here does not interest me at all. Keep up the great work :-)
            visit www.irishairpics.com

Comment

• TomcatViP
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Nov 2011

Tango III, your work is truly appreciated and we thank you for that.
              Last edited by TomcatViP; 20th February 2019, 21:14. Reason: orthographic abnormality boostedby grammar

Comment

• Mags76
                Rank 2 Registered User
                • Jan 2019

Haters gonna hate, you keep posting buddy.

Comment

• Olrik
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2015

Like many, I am very thankful to Tango for his heroic contribution to this forum, but one doesnt get to become heroic without overcoming a little adversity along the way!

Comment

• halloweene
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2012

sad

Comment

• halloweene
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jan 2012

Thx let's not have another F-16.net

Comment

• FBW
                        FBW
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Dec 2011

Tango III- thanks for the good work you do in compiling news links.
                        What several posters were pointing out wasnt a criticism of you. National interest recycles stories both from their own contributors and sites like Task and Purpose, the article from the previous page was published a year ago. They just refresh heading and republish to generate site traffic.

That would be akin to a breaking news alert from Reuters on France winning 2018 World Cup, in February, 2019. Not exactly news anymore.

Comment

• syedirtiza
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Feb 2010

IAF hawk collided mid air - very sad. hoping pilots are safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfZeKe6s9xQ

Comment

• halloweene
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2012

USAF to buy 80 F-15X on a 5 years plan. Trump signed the bill to prevent F-35 delivery to Turkey.

Comment

• Portagee
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Nov 2007

I for one appreciate all of Tango III's efforts in providing new stories from around the world. OK so he's been duped by one particular story, that's older than first appeared. So what, it happens.

Please I hope Tango III continues to post the excellent work that he does on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by SpudmanWP View Post

While, I don't think we should band all stories from "National Interest". Yet, I can easily see why Spudman was often by it. As for them to rehash an old story. Which, has been thoroughly debunked many times over as false. Makes you seriously consider their intent???

Comment

Originally posted by halloweene View Post
                                  USAF to buy 80 F-15X on a 5 years plan. Trump signed the bill to prevent F-35 delivery to Turkey.
                                  As I said in another thread. The USAF won't get the F-15X. While, Turkey will get the F-35....(ultimately)

Comment

Originally posted by Portagee View Post
                                    I for one appreciate all of Tango III's efforts in providing new stories from around the world. OK so he's been duped by one particular story, that's older than first appeared. So what, it happens.

Please I hope Tango III continues to post the excellent work that he does on this site.

Spudman wasn't attacking Tango at all. He was just offended by the absurd story and was shocked the source dared repost it....(as was I)

Comment

• haavarla
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Portagee View Post

Hear hear! The very first page i check into is the news thread by Tango. A must for everyone whom has an interest in Aviation.
                                      Keep it up Tango, i very much appreciate it!!
                                      Thanks

Comment

• halloweene
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Jan 2012

It is Tango's choice to repost news here. Not a problem if he ruffles some feathers. Ppl can quietly comment and say their opinion.

Comment

• TomcatViP
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Nov 2011

How does Pakistans Thunder fare against contenders in Malaysias aircraft competition?

Malaysia was eyeing larger fighters like the Rafale and Typhoon, but that plan was shelved due to budgetary woes, and the country instead turned to fulfill a light combat aircraft requirement. An LCA fleet would support Malaysias F/A-18 and Su-30 fighters.

The JF-17 is under consideration alongside the Tejas, produced by Indias Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, and the FA-50 Golden Eagle, made by South Koreas Korea Aerospace Industries. Pakistans offering is the most affordable of the three.
                                          [...]
                                          The JF-17 costs $25 million per unit, and the Tejas and the FA-50 cost approximately $28 million and $30 million respectively. An order of 36 JF-17 fighters would mean a very substantial amount will be saved, Ho said.
                                          Source:
                                          DefenseNews.com
                                          Last edited by TomcatViP; 23rd February 2019, 17:46.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X