Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Aviation News

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob_in_NM
    replied
    Originally posted by TomcatViP View Post

Rob_in_NM :Thank you for the link.

Its' unbelievable that a Boeing factory can't follow proper routines... that Boeing, a 100+ year company, certainly put first in place. Litter and debris, as dangerous as they can be when left in cavities, are of a slightly minor concerns here. But tools should be registered and accounted at the end of the day.
    The mad tempo and tight budget are certainly a primary cause in this debacle.

Strictly my opinion here...

Boeing has been under the gun since they got the contract, which was originally awarded to Airbus. I've often wondered what results would be seen had Airbus been the company building the new tanker, and not Boeing.

Leave a comment:

• haavarla
    replied
    Looks like UAC is taking certain measures to see a new big IAF MKI MLU coming their way.
    Su-30SM to be Su-35S Standardized.

https://youtu.be/Y5sdjx1GY10

Leave a comment:

• TomcatViP
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob_in_NM View Post
    USAF grounds the KC-46 due to tools and debris left during manufacturing.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ed_buffer_tw_m
    Rob_in_NM :Thank you for the link.

Its' unbelievable that a Boeing factory can't follow proper routines... that Boeing, a 100+ year company, certainly put first in place. Litter and debris, as dangerous as they can be when left in cavities, are of a slightly minor concerns here. But tools should be registered and accounted at the end of the day.
    The mad tempo and tight budget are certainly a primary cause in this debacle.
    Last edited by TomcatViP; 28th February 2019, 22:44.

Leave a comment:

• BlackArcher
    replied
    Please keep this thread to just being about news! Discuss elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Rob_in_NM
    replied
    USAF grounds the KC-46 due to tools and debris left during manufacturing.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ed_buffer_tw_m

Leave a comment:

• haavarla
    replied
    Originally posted by Scooter View Post

BTW I said.........India has "no" interest is acquiring anymore Russian Fighters. Be that the Mig-35, Su-35, or Su-57
    Failed hard there Scooter.
    Just waiting for you to promote the F-16xx and F-35 for IAF.. again, if nothing else.

And fyi, India has not Rejected buying the Su-57.
    They have rejected the FGFA version, i suspect after India held talks with Sukhoi, they was told the cost for a highly customized two seater Su-57(or sigel seater!) was too costly to pursue, and it was agreed that the FGFA was official dead.
    That does not mean IAF wont get the Russian Su-57.
    The Su-57 is delayed alright, due the engine development no doubt.

India will engage in new talks for Su-57 down the road, just be patience.
    Last edited by haavarla; 2nd March 2019, 21:22.

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    https://sldinfo.com/2019/02/the-mate...ion-air-force/

Good read.

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    https://theaviationist.com/2019/02/2...-valley-today/

F-117's still flying.

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    https://hushkit.net/2019/02/26/how-g...si-think-tank/

Everyone's favorite RUSI analyst talks J-10C.

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    Were partnering with Kessel Run on prototyping ALIS improvements for the warfighter and working closely with the JPO on a strategy for the rapid development and delivery of ALIS software driving long-term sustainability of the program,
    Oops- BiO already posted this article in F-35 thread.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by FBW View Post
    News thread... Many posters just want news.... there are 20 different discussion threads.
    I can respect that.....Yet, they could put that next to the title.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by topspeed View Post

What lingity is that and what does it means in english ?
    Sorry, I should have wrote Interest not "interesting"......ME BAD.

Leave a comment:

• topspeed
    replied

BTW I said.........India has "no" interesting is acquiring anymore Russian Fighters. Be that the Mig-35, Su-35, or Su-57
    What lingity is that and what does it means in english ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by blackwood View Post
    So how do you explain the purchase of more Su-30s and Mig-29s this year. News is there if you bother to search it
    BTW I said.........India has "no" interest is acquiring anymore Russian Fighters. Be that the Mig-35, Su-35, or Su-57
    Last edited by Scooter; 28th February 2019, 07:41.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by blackwood View Post
    So how do you explain the purchase of more Su-30s and Mig-29s this year. News is there if you bother to search it
    The Su-30MKI's are a continuation of the current order and only because India has nothing else available. While, the Mig-29's are second hand.....both just a desperate attempt to get fighter numbers up. As quickly and cheaply as possible...

Nonetheless, the simple fact is India has no plans to acquire any additional Russian Types in the foreseeable future. As she has "rejected" the Su-57. While, not even considering a Russia Type in the current contest to acquire a New Fighters for both the Indian Air Force and Navy. Which, they have made clear will be a Western Type for both.....

Yet, if somebody has contrary information I am all ears.

Leave a comment:

• blackwood
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blackwood
    replied

India has "no" interesting is acquiring anymore Russian Fighters. Be that the Mig-35, Su-35, or Su-57.

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    News thread... Many posters just want news.... there are 20 different discussion threads.
    Last edited by FBW; 28th February 2019, 05:08.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by FBW View Post
    Scooter- no one wants your critique of the news. I dont post these based on my opinions. Just what I read them and posted them based on what others might think is interesting or timely.
    What??? The whole point of any forum is to debate and express opinions! If, you don't want comments then post stories some place else..........

Leave a comment:

• FBW
    replied
    Scooter- no one wants your critique of the news. I dont post these based on my opinions. Just what I read them and posted them based on what others might think is interesting or timely.
    Take the links over to a respective thread and have at it.

if you remember there was one poster, tango III who handled posting articles, 20k+ Posts.
    Last edited by FBW; 28th February 2019, 04:56.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
X