8 years 5 months

China Become the First Foreign Country Receive Su-35 Fighter Jet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]242053[/ATTACH]

http://mil.today/2015/ArmsTrade1/

Attachments
Original post

Member for

15 years 3 months

Finally....??... Looks like this really is the real-deal.

Su-35 has been in service with the RuAF for several years a now. Its a mature option. 2 J-11D prototypes are flying but who knows when they would enter service. Plus the Su-35 will be the 1st PLAAF A/C to have TVC. None of the other flankers currently in service or even planned have TVC.

Member for

18 years 2 months

What is the Peoples' Republic of China going to do with exactly 24 new Russian built fighter jets?:confused:

Member for

17 years 11 months

it's going to get insight in engine (and perhaps some few other) technologies, and help russian united aircraft corporation with further international su-35 sales (in exchange for god knows what from the russian side), as now the ball may've started rolling.

Military wise, 24 su-35 means next to nothing to china. Technology wise, it may mean some, but not much other than engine insight. Politics wise, who knows what sort of quid pro quo deals are connected with a purchase like this.

Member for

18 years 2 months

Military wise, 24 su-35 means next to nothing to china. Technology wise, it may mean some, but not much other than engine insight. Politics wise, who knows what sort of quid pro quo deals are connected with a purchase like this.

I wonder what insights the Chinese will gain from the engines of a Su-35 that they could not learn from the engines Boeing 787 or from the CFM LEAP motors for the C919? Only for the Vectoring thrust tech perhaps?

Member for

17 years 11 months

perhaps civilian engine techs aren't comparable as military engine cores may achieve their performance with different set of requirements (temperature, size, weight) that dictate different approach (number of fan and compression stages) and so on.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Exactly what I think.. This is only a small part of a much larger scale of strategic relations.

Member for

14 years 1 month

I see a big difference between a woman you trade with and a woman you sleep with..

Member for

10 years 6 months

Rostec only say deal has been signed.There is no mention of price , quantity or total sum of the deal.The details of the deal IMO is just conjecture from Kommersant.

Member for

18 years 2 months

I see a big difference between a woman you trade with and a woman you sleep with..

An analogy that doesn't make any sense in Geopolitics.

Member for

24 years 2 months

A hint for maybe the true reason of this deal:

На встрече с представителями КНР управляющий директор УМПО Евгений Семивеличенко подтвердил готовность предприятия выполнять существующие обязательства в рамках военно-технического сотрудничества между двумя странами, также возможность работать по перспективным проектам, в том числе по двигателям АЛ‑41Ф‑1С, применяемым на новейших истребителях Су‑35 и серийно производящимся на заводе.

http://www.umpo.ru/News118_958.aspx

At a meeting with representatives of CHINA Managing Director of "UMPO" Eugene Semiveličenko confirmed the readiness of enterprises to implement existing commitments in the framework of the military-technical cooperation between the two countries, also the opportunity to work on promising projects, including the AL‑41F‑1Sengines used on the latest fighters Su‑35 and where to plant.

Via Bing !

Deino

Member for

17 years 11 months

that is a pretty important quote. It more or less indicates, coming from an official UEC person, that china and russia are to cooperate on 117s engine and that might very well mean china can get transfer of technology of the said engine.

Member for

10 years 6 months

that is a pretty important quote. It more or less indicates, coming from an official UEC person, that china and russia are to cooperate on 117s engine and that might very well mean china can get transfer of technology of the said engine.

I think it means UEC wants to supply 117 TO China or rather China wants the 117 to power the j-20 for the time being while it develops own engine.

Member for

14 years 1 month

An analogy that doesn't make any sense in Geopolitics.
Oh, it surely does.. US can buy another dozen millions of flat screen TVs, cell phones and coffee makers from China but they will never be strategic partners.. Not with the current mindset

Member for

18 years 2 months

Oh, it surely does.. US can buy another dozen millions of flat screen TVs, cell phones and coffee makers from China but they will never be strategic partners.. Not with the current mindset

Depends what you mean by strategic partner, but I would say that that the US and China are serious "strategic partners" - just because it's not written down on a piece of paper somewhere doesn't mean it isn't so.

Member for

15 years 5 months

A hint for maybe the true reason of this deal:

http://www.umpo.ru/News118_958.aspx

Via Bing !

Deino

...and here i was wondering if the chinese would buy 500 spare engines ?

Member for

10 years 11 months

lol.. I knew this would happen

yet the chica boys kept denying the deal as hard as they could.. "no credible news source, china never said anything, Russians say crazy things, blah blah".

because the purchase of the su-35 repreents one of two things

- an admission that their military jet engine programme is not progressing / failing after 2 decades and they need significant Russian help or reverse engineering.
- their flanker variants are inferior to the su-35

or maybe both.

so how does india feel now that they no longer operate the best Flanker variant in Asia.

Member for

8 years 5 months

lol.. I knew this would happen

yet the chica boys kept denying the deal as hard as they could.. "no credible news source, china never said anything, Russians say crazy things, blah blah".

because the purchase of the su-35 repreents one of two things

- an admission that their military jet engine programme is not progressing / failing after 2 decades and they need significant Russian help or reverse engineering.
- their flanker variants are inferior to the su-35

or maybe both.

so how does india feel now that they no longer operate the best Flanker variant in Asia.

incorrect.
it is true, only Russian media says China is buying it and they have a track record of exaggerating who will buy things. None of the major Chinese media outlet has confirmed it.
Engine wise, it is true that Russia has more experience and still leads here, but China is not very far behind. WS-10 equipped J-10s and J-11s are flying as we speak.
China's strength is in avionics, R&D and financial support. Russia's strength is engines, and that they had an earlier start.

If that claim that the amount is nothing more than a symbol of closeness, then it would make more sense for Russia to buy Chinese as well. the J-31 fills a hole that Russia has and can't probably fill.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Depends what you mean by strategic partner, but I would say that that the US and China are serious "strategic partners" - just because it's not written down on a piece of paper somewhere doesn't mean it isn't so.

Strategic partners don't go around probing each other' like this...

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/china-sends-message-by-having-destroyers-shadow-u-s-sh-1738963462

Member for

14 years 1 month

I don't know where have you spent the last two decades.. but on global scale, China and US consider each other as at least rivals, if not adversaries.. An idea that US would share their key technologies with Beijing the way Russians are able to do, is ridiculous, at best..

http://thediplomat.com/2012/10/why-calling-china-an-adversary-doesnt-matter/