Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia moving tac air troops to Syria

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flyboy77
    Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by TR1 View Post
    Look like Su-24

Comment

• Jungle Boy
      Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by JSR View Post
      Flanker is not suitable for this kind of role. Flanker only role is loitering to produce radar image and EW support. It need FAB-3000 and FAB-5000 from Tu-22M. it is too reshape the battlefield in such a way that some others lured into it. I think they need to install S-400 in Syria. that will cover aerspace well into Mediteranean/Irak/Turkey/Israel.
      it will be the most profitable adventure in Russia history.
      But Russia sent Su-30 multirole fighters not the Su-27. Su-30 is multi-role right? It can carry smart bombs.

I dont think Russia will install S-400 in Syria. Why sould they make easy to US and NATO to colect ELINT signals from it?
      Older S-300 versions will do just fine after all they dont want to shotdown NATO aircrafts.

Comment

• Jungle Boy
        Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by soyuz1917 View Post
        Since when is dropping large bombs somehow a problem? This is the Soviets we are talking about. If there is a blade of grass NOT burnt or a building anywhere still standing they aren't living up to their fullest potential. The bigger the bomb the better.
        I believe this is the motto of the soviet artillery not the air force.

Comment

• Jungle Boy
          Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by Austin View Post
          ISIS is not Russias problem they never threatned to invade or attack Russia , so whats the point attacking team , its like making enemies when there is none.
          They did not atack Russia with this new brand. ISIS is only the new label of Al Qaeda. In the 80s they were the mujahedeens or "freedom fighters".

Russia was atacked in the past by the al-Jihad-Fisi-Sabililah Special Islamic Regiment (Moscow Theatre) and Caucasus Emirate(Beslan) and others in the Caucausus region. Theyre all like ISIS and have roots in a certain wealthy oil producer in the Gulf region.

There are chechen terrorists fighting with ISIS. It would be a preemptive strike by the russians. Syria and Iraq are training grounds for these terrorists.

Comment

• JSR
            JSR
            Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by Jungle Boy View Post
            But Russia sent Su-30 multirole fighters not the Su-27. Su-30 is multi-role right? It can carry smart bombs.
            Su-30 is too small for this kind of tasks and Su-30 only used for AAM and EW role. Once you put AAM/EW pods into fighter. it does not carry that much strike load.. I not even including the Anbar province in Iraq. It is target rich environment on vast area.

I dont think Russia will install S-400 in Syria. Why sould they make easy to US and NATO to colect ELINT signals from it?
            Older S-300 versions will do just fine after all they dont want to shotdown NATO aircrafts.
            there is S400 very near to Turkey on other side. S-400 at Syria will extend air defence zone into Mediternean Sea/Turkey/Israel. so Nato will not park Aircraft carrier there.
            I will even suggest they put S-400 into Southern Irak.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...ain-yemen.html
            With over $100 billion already spent on conventional military expansion in the past five years and another extra $50 billion allocated over the next two years, the Saudis are fully committed to and capable of out-powering the Iranians.
            Saudi military planners have already started looking at potential scenarios where Riyadh could use air power to provide cover for anti-Assad forces not linked to terrorist groups. Sooner or later, a Saudi coalition will get involved in Syria, and it will become the largest and most dangerous front in the conflict between the kingdom, its Arab allies and Iran.
            My prediction is if Ruaf really do hard hitting strikes over extended period of time. Saudi government will be either overthrown by Islamists for being incompetent in stopping it or they will join full frontal war. . either case is highly beneficial for Russia.

Comment

• TomcatViP
              Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by Flyboy77 View Post
              Look like Su-24
              Why would they fly in formation with a tanker exposing themselves so low?
              Probably a video from a parade unless the RU MoD want to celebrate V-day before even going to battle.

Comment

• Marcellogo
                Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by Flyboy77 View Post
                Look like Su-24
                Make sense, given that also Syaaf have them in its own inventory logistical problems would not be so big like in the case of Su-30 or even Su-25.

Comment

• MSphere

Originally posted by TomcatViP View Post
                  Probably a video from a parade unless the RU MoD want to celebrate V-day before even going to battle.
                  Nah, that looks legit.. I think they're out of the reach of MANPADS, anyway and ISIS have no air defence.

Comment

• TomcatViP
                    Rank 5 Registered User

They are not. Look at the tree-top caught in the frame at the end of the vid

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vid-a150920.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	3664258
                    Last edited by TomcatViP; 20th September 2015, 21:05.

Comment

• TR1
                      TR1
                      http://tiny.cc/tp8kd

The guy talking seems to say "Russia" in between the typical Allah Akbar-ing.
                      sigpic

Comment

• MSphere

They are not. Look at the tree-top caught in the frame at the end of the vid
                        What's wrong with it?

If the footage is from a parade as you have implied, then you should have no problem finding a parade which has exhibited four Su-24M2s flying together with an Il-78M.

Comment

• TomcatViP
                          Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by MSphere View Post
                          What's wrong with it?

If the footage is from a parade as you have implied, then you should have no problem finding a parade which has exhibited four Su-24M2s flying together with an Il-78M.
                          No need for a tedious search. Thales is there for you and me (the Mathematician).

(Look at the span of that leaf vs that of the Fencer )

Comment

• MSphere

I don't think I am following you now... You talk much but say little..

Comment

• TomcatViP
                              Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by MSphere View Post
                              I don't think I am following you now... You talk much but say little..
                              Ask your kids. If they are above 12 they might help you. T. H. A. L. E. S.
                              The man, not the firm.

Comment

• Austin
                                Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                                thats not a very clever foresight .. give the ISIS enought room and time, and they will be a major problem for Russia.
                                Better deal With them now, keep them supressed, than ignore them and face a worse situation later on.

Hardly a problem for Russia , Mostly its related to Sunni-Shia dispute and they dont represent any threat to Russia or its allies by that i mean CSTO countries.

If Russia gets involved in this mess , then its case of creating mess when there is none
                                "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

• mrmalaya
                                  Generation 4.75+++

Interesting perspective.

Comment

• JSR
                                    JSR
                                    Rank 5 Registered User

Hardly a problem for Russia , Mostly its related to Sunni-Shia dispute and they dont represent any threat to Russia or its allies by that i mean CSTO countries.

If Russia gets involved in this mess , then its case of creating mess when there is none
                                    They already given $150m to Ukraine. they can take advantge of weak and dysfunctional governments with lax border and air controls.
                                    http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/new...-launched.html
                                    New Saudi-Ukrainian aircraft programme launched
                                    Defense News quoted a source as having reported an “initial payment of $150 million”, with an initial plan for the production of eight aircraft. -
                                    Arab money is converting countries like Turkey and Europe into terrorist heavens. they are bribiing Israel. the only way to deal with threat is to impose complete air and sea embargo all the way from Arctic to Middleast.

Comment

• Marcellogo
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

Ehy, wait a minute.
                                      This one, if confirmed would be a bomb.
                                      http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/...-west-latakia/
                                      So, the Su-30 were purchased by Syaaf?

Comment

• TR1
                                        TR1
                                        http://tiny.cc/tp8kd

Thousands of Russians have joined ISIS.

Better kill them out there than have them come back, wouldn't you say?

In fact I have heard some thoughts that security structures are doing their best to make sure those Russian citizens leave the country and DO join ISIS, to get them out of Kavkaz.

Not to mention a huge unstable swath of the middle east controlled by religious thugs (yes yes I am aware you could make similar observations about some states) will lead to nothing good- much like the Taliban controlled A-stan became the source for massive drug trafficking into Russia.
                                        Last edited by TR1; 21st September 2015, 07:19.
                                        sigpic

Comment

• Austin
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by TR1 View Post
                                          Thousands of Russians have joined ISIS.

Better kill them out there than have them come back, wouldn't you say?

In fact I have heard some thoughts that security structures are doing their best to make sure those Russian citizens leave the country and DO join ISIS, to get them out of Kavkaz.

Not to mention a huge unstable swath of the middle east controlled by religious thugs (yes yes I am aware you could make similar observations about some states) will lead to nothing good- much like the Taliban controlled A-stan became the source for massive drug trafficking into Russia.

When you have such militant/terrorist movement then its natural people would join them , Its not unique to Russia that people have joined ISIS or Taliban or Mujhaid etc

Selling arms to Iraq to fight ISIS and fighting directly are two different thing.

ISIS is as much as a threat to Russia as it is to China or India or Japan , you dont find China or Japan or Vietnam sending troops to fight them.

ISIS is a primary threat to Moderate Sunnis and Shias followed by threat to West , Involving into ISIS mess is inviting direct retribution from them for no rhyme or reason or national interest involved.

At best training or providing arms to Sirya or Iraq is fine nothing beyond that , there are enough Shias and other nationality available out there to fight ISIS
                                          "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X