Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia moving tac air troops to Syria

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MSphere

Originally posted by ijozic View Post
    Do you have any more details on those Ka-50 units? I would presume the Gefest LCD screen is used instead of the Abris one for navigation and the benefits are to have the satellite navigation integrated with the main navigational system and probably the WCS, unlike being a separate system like the Abris.
    The upgraded ones were #24, #25 (ex-015), #26, #27, #28 and 018 before it was upgraded to Ka-50Sh

Click image for larger version

Name:	24-IMG_7956_tr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	3671046 Click image for larger version

Name:	25-az_ka-50_100.jpg
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	3671047 Click image for larger version

Name:	Ka-50 No27 cockpit.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	3671048 Click image for larger version

Name:	28 Torzhok cockpit.jpg
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	3671049 Click image for larger version

Name:	cockpit-018nb.jpg
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	3671050

Comment

• MSphere

Originally posted by TEEJ View Post
      Overhead image of Kuznetsov from GeoEye-1 satellite from last Friday (Published on 31 October)
      https://twitter.com/DigitalGlobe/sta...49319637508096
      https://twitter.com/DigitalGlobe
      The Ka-52K on the deck..

Click image for larger version

Name:	CrLy5saXYAAhI8O.jpg
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	3671057 Click image for larger version

Name:	KA-52K_11435_160901_02.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	3671058

Comment

• MSphere

Apparently, a Russian Mi-35M has been destroyed on the ground by an ATGM (?) near Homs

Last edited by MSphere; 4th November 2016, 01:06.

Comment

• TR1
          TR1
          http://tiny.cc/tp8kd

Bloody close call! Everyone making it out alive, alhamdulilah!
          sigpic

Comment

• Sab3r329
            Rank 5 Registered User

From what I heard, it was Russian special forces planting explosives on the helo.

Why would the TOW operator target the broken helo instead of the live one? Or any of the vehicles?

And the Russian MoD website says it was an emergency landing, not a shootdown.

Comment

• TR1
              TR1
              http://tiny.cc/tp8kd

1.) Because they are ****ty ISIS fighters, not professional soldiers.

2.) Personally, looks more like Recoilles rifle to me.

3.) Russian MoD also says they came under mortar fire, and it certainly does not appear so.
              sigpic

Comment

• MSphere

First a blast is heard, only after few secs the hit can be seen. It can't be a planted explosive, it must must have been a shot..

Comment

• MSphere

In the meantime, Kuz getting active

Comment

• hopsalot

Originally posted by Sab3r329 View Post
                    From what I heard, it was Russian special forces planting explosives on the helo.

Why would the TOW operator target the broken helo instead of the live one? Or any of the vehicles?

If I were setting explosives to destroy a helo that had to be abandoned, I would set the timer to go off -after- I had gotten off the ground in the other helo...

(also, those guys on the ground around the helo sure didn't look like they were expecting it to explode)

Comment

• haavarla
                      Rank 5 Registered User

Yeah, damnit, i first though the Mi-8 also took damage from that blast.
                      It was pretty close and acted somewhat weird right after.

It could be an incoming mortar round, lucky i guess.
                      Last edited by haavarla; 4th November 2016, 12:28.
                      Thanks

Comment

• ijozic
                        Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by Sab3r329 View Post
                        It was probably an emergency landing, it wouldn't have landed in the middle of nowhere otherwise. But, it seems that while the Russians were figuring out what to do with it, IS snuck up on them and hit it with some rocket propelled weapon.

Comment

• Freddy
                          Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by hopsalot View Post
                          If I were setting explosives to destroy a helo that had to be abandoned, I would set the timer to go off -after- I had gotten off the ground in the other helo...

(also, those guys on the ground around the helo sure didn't look like they were expecting it to explode)
                          The other helicopter was already starting to lift off the ground before the first explosion. The second lower explosion sound seems to be the return sound from the visual explosion,

So the first sound would be the planted explosives going off (next to fuel tanks) and the visual explosion (and second explosive sound) would be the fuel igniting. The resulting heat provided a distraction for tow missiles and the second helicopter in the air stirred up dust to help mask the escape as well as flares for when the two vehicles started moving.

IMHO the destruction of the helicopter and the getaway was very professionally executed (after playing the video back frame by frame quite a few times that is ).

Comment

• Lt Anderson
                            Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by Freddy View Post

IMHO the destruction of the helicopter and the getaway was very professionally executed (after playing the video back frame by frame quite a few times that is ).
                            The russian special forces "professional"? Really?

Just kidding...

Comment

• ijozic
                              Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by MSphere View Post
                              The upgraded ones were #24, #25 (ex-015), #26, #27, #28 and 018 before it was upgraded to Ka-50Sh
                              Thanks, but I'm confused now. Those screens are the Abris screens (as on the Ka-50 in DCS World). Was Abris navigation system integration with Ka-50 then developed by Gefest or what did Gefest system bring to Ka-50?
                              Last edited by ijozic; 5th November 2016, 09:47.

Comment

• TEEJ
                                Rank 5 Registered User

Peter the Great east of Crete.

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/794551071112888320

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/794561866425139200

Daylight image apparently posted 1428 hrs.

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/794554612468555776

Tug Nikolay Chiker still on AIS east of Crete (2016-11-04 18:47 UTC)

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...NIKOLAY_CHIKER
                                Last edited by TEEJ; 4th November 2016, 19:00.

Comment

• hopsalot

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
                                  The other helicopter was already starting to lift off the ground before the first explosion. The second lower explosion sound seems to be the return sound from the visual explosion,

So the first sound would be the planted explosives going off (next to fuel tanks) and the visual explosion (and second explosive sound) would be the fuel igniting. The resulting heat provided a distraction for tow missiles and the second helicopter in the air stirred up dust to help mask the escape as well as flares for when the two vehicles started moving.

Seriously though...

Comment

• JangBoGo
                                    Rank 5 Registered User

Ariel footage from Russian drones... I wonder how many still didn't feel like having missile on the drones to take' em out.

Comment

• JangBoGo
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

The full version of the earlier posted image of Kuz.

I don't know why the guys are so much fixated on the kalibrs. Both Western and Russia media simply doesn't fail to mention the Kalibrs. What the Task force needs is good anti-access weapons and there is no need to waste those limited 8-cell VLS with land attack cruise missiles. Better stock all the cells available with anti-ship (& anti-sub) missiles.

Newly commissioned Admiral Gligorovich has a fearsome ground attack capability in the form of Kalibr cruise missiles

Comment

• JangBoGo
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

Here is a good documentary on Turkish coup 2016. I'm posting it here coz the documentary also talks about the Turkish Airforce, which is the most Pro-American/NATO service in Turkey.

It mentions that the Gulenist was behind the earlier purge in Turkey who used Erdogan to first remove the secular Kemalist and installed their own in almost all positions and then moved in for the final kill, the main ingredient being (at that timeframe) instigating a military confrontation with Russia. But that never went off as the Russians didn't take the bait and played it very smart even after the Su-24 shoot down, in addition they achieved what they wanted without firing a single shot.

There is not much of a chance for any conflict after the rapprochement between Russia and Turkey.
                                        But still, I would like to know chance, if at all, do we have to see Turkish AF (those still in NATO camp) carrying out mission which is detrimental to the Syrian/Russian ground/air units?
                                        Russia/Syria's main objective is to clean up all the Jihadi mess inside Syria and any conflict with Turkey might have negative affect on the ground due to the need for diverting resources. But that is exactly what the multi-national Jihadi coalition would very much want and probably the last option to save their Jihadi comrades trapped in Eastern Aleppo.

Comment

• Sab3r329
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by JangBoGo View Post
                                          Ariel footage from Russian drones... I wonder how many still didn't feel like having missile on the drones to take' em out.

At 27:30, there is another drone flying through, anyone know what it is?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X