Anyone know the facts behind one of the two French Mirage 2000N aborting display

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 9 months

I was at RIAT Fri 17, Sat 18 and Sun 19 July.

On Saturday 18 July the two French Mirage Mirage 2000N tactical display was superb.

On Sunday 19 July soon after what looked like a normal take off of the first Mirage 2000N, the second Mirage 2000N took quite a lot more runway to take off.

Shortly after take off, one of the two Mirage 2000Ns came back in to land shepherded in by the other Mirage 2000N keeping close visibility on his engine exhaust.

The single Mirage 2000N continued with a solo display.

Does anyone know the facts behind what caused one of the Mirage 2000Ns to abort their display on Sunday 19 July?

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

Bird strike according to the R/T chatter.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The commentator also said birdstrike.

There were quite a few tannoy messages after that reminding people not to allow bags etc to blow across the runway - probably just co-incidental.

Ken

Member for

15 years 9 months

Bird strike according to the R/T chatter.

I heard the commentator say that it was likely. I had no access to the R/T naturally.

Member for

15 years 9 months

The commentator also said birdstrike.

There were quite a few tannoy messages after that reminding people not to allow bags etc to blow across the runway - probably just co-incidental.

Ken

I did not hear the commentator remind people about bags ....; but that could be because I was too engrossed with watching the solo Mirage 2000N

Member for

15 years 9 months

Did anyone see the same Mirage 2000N depart either later on Sun 19th or Mon 20th?

Did anyone see the same Mirage 2000N depart Fairford either later on Sun 19th or Mon 20th?

Or better still did anyone see it being fixed if they did in the open air?

On Saturday 18th they parked near the West end of the airfield (Green Gate entrance for RIAT)

Member for

12 years 1 month

Did anyone see the same Mirage 2000N depart Fairford either later on Sun 19th or Mon 20th?

Or better still did anyone see it being fixed if they did in the open air?

On Saturday 18th they parked near the West end of the airfield (Green Gate entrance for RIAT)

The Mirage that returned from the display was was No356 (125-BX) it departed Monday Morning with the other Ramex Mirage. the spare departed a few hours later

Wes...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]239388[/ATTACH]

Attachments