Thank You and Appreciation

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years

I went to the Mac Loop today with a friend and shot Hawks, a Tornado and Hercules from the Top shelf.
As the weather was closing in towards the end of the day and I did not want to walk down in the dark we decided to leave around 17.15 hrs just after the majority had started down. Trying to carry to much I slipped a few times and ended up either on my knee, elbow or back side (without injury). At the bottom and when walking to the car, as it was not in the usual car park, as it was full I realised something was missing. My camera bag, with Nikon DSLR, 200mm lens, bits and bobs and probably most importantly my car and house keys!!! It was somewhere between the top shelf and me!!
Whilst waiting in the car park to start the climb back up I started to ask a few people that had come off the exit side if they had seen any bags, unfortunately not. Then a group of four came down and walked across the field towards me with..............an additional bag, my bag!!!
These guys had come across from Belgium, one of them is 80, and another had driven through the night to be there, they had been up on the shelf yesterday, today and will be tomorrow and had found my bag on the way down. I reckon that on one of my trips I had put my bag down and simply not picked it up, they been the last ones down had found it.
We spoke for about twenty minutes after they had passed my bag back (and saved me the trip back up) and I wish to publically thank them, they wouldn’t even accept me giving them enough to buy a round of drinks. So if you are up the shelf tomorrow and see them (one has a black cap with tiger stripes) go and have a chat and say again thank you from me and how much I appreciate them bringing my bag down and returning it to me.

Rob

Original post

Member for

17 years 7 months

+1 /thumbs up to good and honest aviation fanatics