Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we please prune the Sticky threads on this subforum?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cherry Ripe
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jul 2009

Can we please prune the Sticky threads on this subforum?

Currently at 15, which is ridiculous.

Several of the 'site policies and warnings' threads could be collapsed into one.

Some of the magazine advertising threads date back to mid-2014. Those mags are long gone from the shelves...
  • Newforest
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Apr 2005

I second that emotion!
    http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 11.83 times!

Comment

• viscount
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Mar 2011

I find that I can avoid wading past the 'stickies' by using 'new posts' (not 'What's new) on the upper selection bar rather than selecting a particular forum section. If done from the front page, you can scroll through all posts from every section, if you select say 'historic', then 'new posts' just new posts from the one section, without the pinned posts.

Well it works for me, I look in twice daily, so across all sections 15-25 threads to scan through the titles (no announcements to scroll past) of and select whichever I wish to pursue - often hovering the mouse over the title so I can read the first line of content before deciding to look further.
      Last edited by viscount; 27th February 2015, 11:02.

Comment

• Rii
        Rii
        • Oct 2010

The stickies here are pretty restrained compared to some forums I've seen. Nonetheless, I share the sentiment.

Comment

• ~Alan~
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by viscount View Post
          I find that I can avoid wading past the 'stickies' by using 'new posts' (not 'What's new) on the upper selection bar rather than selecting a particular forum section.
          That's the only method I have ever used. Works for me.
          Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Comment

• Mpacha
            • Jan 2000

Point taken chaps, I've given it a bit of a clean up ;-) Thanks for the heads up!
            Cheers, Mpacha.
            pb::

Comment

• Rii
              Rii
              • Oct 2010

Thanks for the clean-up, mpacha. For your consideration, it seems to me that the "warning/rule" threads could be condensed into one also. On the other side of the coin, it seems there is some angst about your unpinning of the Military Aviation News -- 2015 thread. It seems to me that this thread, being regularly updated with new posts, is hardly in danger of being lost, but evidently others have different ideas of what pinned threads are for.

Comment

• schurem
                Sim Jockey
                • Jul 2008

Lol and the ONE thread that truly needs a sticky'ing, the news thread, gets dropped.

Comment

• Gerard
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by schurem View Post
                  Lol and the ONE thread that truly needs a sticky'ing, the news thread, gets dropped.

+1
                  For Roundels of the World: http://www.drareg.nl/Markeringen/index.html or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/481843655359127/

Comment

• SpudmanWP
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by schurem View Post
                    +1
                    "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                    X