Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passive sensor & L-band radar of USA ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bring_it_on
    2005-year of the RAPTOR!!
    • Jun 2004

Lockheed has also upgraded its TPS-77 family to GaN and it is the first US GaN radar to be exported
    Last edited by bring_it_on; 8th February 2017, 13:23.
    Old radar types never die; they just phased array

Comment

• Marcellogo
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by lukos View Post
      What about when processing technology becomes powerful enough to link a dozen fighter radars several miles apart and create a virtual array, something that's already been done outside of real-time with telescopes.
      You are referring to what the MiG-31 are actually doing for decades? Or are you instead describing the way any ESA radar work, combining the emissions of a whole array of transceiver in a single wave front?

Seems me you make confusion between the overall number of emission point and the overall emission power.
      Twelve radar emitting together would cover a way greater area but there would not be a single beam twelve time more powerful...
      Last edited by Marcellogo; 8th February 2017, 15:40.

Comment

• FBW
        FBW
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Marcellogo View Post
        You are referring to what the MiG-31 are actually doing for decades? And hundreds of km apart, not just miles.
        Check date of post... I doubt you are going to get a response. I believe lukos was banned a few months ago.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
        X