Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Air Forces Thread #16

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FANA Fencer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	3668367

Comment

of course, "on this picture" is the only one the Su-24 from Angola....
      <Find a job you like doing, and you'll never have to work a day in your life>

Comment

MiG-17F C23, hopefully not seen picture either

Name:	Scan 023.jpg
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	3668375

Comment

Superhind hive...

Name:	P1040252A.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	3668376Click image for larger version

Name:	P8020189A.jpg
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	3668377

Comment

Originally posted by martinez View Post
            MiG-17F C23, hopefully not seen picture either

[ATTACH=CONFIG]245753[/ATTACH]
            I'm afraid that it is already known to me, have seen it thanks to my polish friend in early 2000.

If I remember correctly, it's published in a polish aviation magazine like "Aero Plan"

Anyway, Thanks for providing it.

Comment

Panama :

Comment

Afghan A-29s with roundels applied

Name:	YA-1512.JPG
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	3668399 Click image for larger version

Name:	YA-1512 live firing exercise1.JPG
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	3668400 Click image for larger version

Name:	YA-1510 roundels.JPG
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	3668401

Comment

Originally posted by cy24driver2 View Post
                  Hey!! Martinez buddy. You don't need to be serious about it.

The whereabout of the third one in question can be clarified in this photo.

As I mentioned earlier, exactly two light-blue L-39ZOs were transfered to the school of Armed Services at Namibe.
                  Hi buddy, how is your portuguese? I admit, mine is non-existing, but still I can decipher from facebook that both FANA officers work at Luanda airfield and took their pictures there in the same hangar. That means all three L-39ZO are still located at Luanda airfield.
                  Once, this place has been visited by young sergeants from the Armed Services schoold at Namibe. Do you agree?

Name:	luanda-45.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	3668403Click image for larger version

Name:	luanda-Calunjinji---.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	3668404

Name:	1266724_561533853916567_1603389213_o.jpg
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	3668402

Comment

Hi buddy, how is your portuguese? I admit, mine is non-existing, but still I can decipher from facebook that both FANA officers work at Luanda airfield and took their pictures there in the same hangar. That means all three L-39ZO are still located at Luanda airfield.
                    Once, this place has been visited by young sergeants from the Armed Services schoold at Namibe. Do you agree?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]245786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]245787[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]245785[/ATTACH]
                    Yeah.. Whatever..but didn't you say that one example was transfered to Namibe for instructional use?

Moreover, If you're proved to be correct, They were newly posted to Luanda AFB after finishing the school of armed services, Namibe, not merely visiting this place for taking a base tour...

But I'd love to be still confident enough to stick to my speculation that they were photographed at Namibe.

Take a look at that flat tyre of Mi-24 Hind pictured at the same place, suggesting that it is in storage at the same hangar buliding.

I've just checked my book-marked page of the guy in front of two light-blue L-39ZOs. He's currently residing in Luanda, hence, There are highly likely to be some hangar buildings housing non-airworthy fixed-wing aircrafts or helicopters at Luanda.

but it remains questionable as he could have visited Namibe before.

Honestly, I do not know the first thing about portugese language, however, according to my google translator if only it works properly They are "Sergeants newly formed school of armed services-Namibe".

According to Tom from ACIG forum, He's not in a position to talk about the origin of these light-blue L-39ZOs.

I was told that there should have been more of them and flew combat missions together with FANA MiG-21s during the Angolan intervention of Congo-Brazzaville in 1996.

Can you upload more FANA pics from Catumbela?

I'm interested in L-29s in derelict condition or something like their solely introduced Su-24 Fencer.
                    Last edited by cy24driver2; 8th May 2016, 18:14.

Comment

Originally posted by cy24driver2 View Post
                      According to Tom from ACIG forum, He's not in a position to talk about the origin of these light-blue L-39ZOs.
                      I was told that there should have been more of them and flew combat missions together with FANA MiG-21s during the Angolan intervention of Congo-Brazzaville in 1996.
                      yeahhh, more likely he doesn`t know anything about their origin as well, but if you were knowledgeable enough in this field, you would know that the L39ZO couldnt come from the Ukraine, Belarus or Russia. If not flightworthy already in 2000, they should have been delivered in 1992-94 period. Another possibility there could be east German L-39ZO, handed over to Hungary after Germany reunification and overhauled in 91-94 in Tekel factory(Danubian Aerospace).
                      ANyway, his book about African airforces is very weak regarding FANA Su22,.....and yes, all L-29 are grounded, bcs their TBO ended in 2008. Time Between Overhaul for the L-39SIA will end up soon as well .

P.S. I believed you when you first reported about the light blue L-39ZO being located at Namibe school. It seems your claims should be checked first, my mistake, sorry.....

regards
                      Martinez

Name:	PA275371a.jpg
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	3668412Click image for larger version

Name:	PA275368a.jpg
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	3668413
                      Last edited by martinez; 8th May 2016, 18:06.

Comment

Those L-39 shots were taken at Luanda for sure.

If you need help translating portuguese send me a PM

Comment

Originally posted by p_shadow View Post
                          Those L-39 shots were taken at Luanda for sure.

If you need help translating portuguese send me a PM
                          Yeah.. I'd like to say ditto. They were taken from Luanda. I'm 99.9% sure about it.

So far so good... Excepting the whereabout of your FANA MiG-17F on pole and side-view of FANA L-29 on pole uploaded on your SAF.

Without your help, I have managed to do alone a lot of fb trolling. It was extraordinarily time-consuming for me.

Can't you be more elaborate to retrieve the fb user's profile of them?

Do you have any more plan to update your SAF with more FANA pics?

Please do not miss me in terms of providing every single fb user's profile with me whenever you find something new.

I'm far more intrigued by non-operational FANA Su-25 fleet scattered throughout the dispersals at the Catumbela AFB.
                          Last edited by cy24driver2; 9th May 2016, 01:11.

Comment

yeahhh, more likely he doesn`t know anything about their origin as well, but if you were knowledgeable enough in this field, you would know that the L39ZO couldnt come from the Ukraine, Belarus or Russia. If not flightworthy already in 2000, they should have been delivered in 1992-94 period. Another possibility there could be east German L-39ZO, handed over to Hungary after Germany reunification and overhauled in 91-94 in Tekel factory(Danubian Aerospace).
                            ANyway, his book about African airforces is very weak regarding FANA Su22,.....and yes, all L-29 are grounded, bcs their TBO ended in 2008. Time Between Overhaul for the L-39SIA will end up soon as well .

P.S. I believed you when you first reported about the light blue L-39ZO being located at Namibe school. It seems your claims should be checked first, my mistake, sorry.....

regards
                            Martinez
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]245796[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]245797[/ATTACH]
                            Great pics!! Martinez

By any chance, Are there any more unpublished pics of a single Ex-belrusian Su-24 that reached Angola in late 90?

Perhaps it should have tasked with bombing missions against the UNITA rebels after the delivery.

Another things that provoke my curiosities all the time are..

The close-up pic of FANA Mi-35P Hind sporting unusually yellow-green camo scheme and Yellow-Brown-Olive green PC-7 once flown by US mercenary pilots during the Second Angolan War.

This particular Yellow-Brown-Olive green PC-7 with national flag on the fin is currently on outdoor display at military aviation museum at Luanda AFB.

Over the past two months of punishing job. It was dang hard to discover anything like it painted in that unique way from fb.

Did you spot and photograph any pics of them during your stay at Luanda AFB?

Although, The exact place where This Yellow-Green Mi-35P acquired from Ukraine is present looks still obscure and uncertain.

It's presumably located at either Luanda or Cabinda airfield

Looks like you could have been given some rare chance to look around most of facilities and a number of helicopters dumped at there.

Last edited by cy24driver2; 9th May 2016, 09:32.

Comment

Equatorial Guinea

Comment

Rwanda, Angola

Last edited by cy24driver2; 9th May 2016, 11:01.

Comment

Angola, Mozambique

http://m.ok.ru/dk?st.cmd=friendAlbum...dMain&tkn=5369
                                  Last edited by cy24driver2; 9th May 2016, 16:31.

Comment

Angola

Comment

Indonesia, Angola

Comment

Angola

Comment

Angola

Comment

Working...
                                          X