Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Air Forces Thread #16

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STRATOSAURUS View Post
    Afghan Mig-17 in color. January 1960. Extremly rare... [ATTACH=CONFIG]245184[/ATTACH]
    Look at that Afghan Yak-11 to the extreme left.

You've made a coup again Starato mate!!

Very Very outstanding find!!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_pub View Post
      It is not lifting it. Simply hovering in front of it.
      Yeah, I know. Sorry- a very poor attempt at far too subtle humor on my part.

Comment

Afghan Mig-17 in color. January 1960. Extremly rare... [ATTACH=CONFIG]245184[/ATTACH]
        Quite astounding. Afghanistan has had quite an amazing assortment of insignia over the years. Looks like these are wearing the old green-red-black roundel, with matching rudder stripes.
        Last edited by gkozak; 9th April 2016, 14:17.

Comment

Angola

Comment

Originally posted by cy24driver2 View Post
            Look at that Afghan Yak-11 to the extreme left.

You've made a coup again Starato mate!!

Very Very outstanding find!!
            Thank you cy24driver2. The photo was taken by a tourist or a "spy" from a B-707. Note engine intake...

Comment

Originally posted by gkozak View Post
              Quite astounding. Afghanistan has had quite an amazing assortment of insignia over the years. Looks like these are wearing the old green-red-black roundel, with matching rudder stripes.
              Yes gkozak. Monarch period I think... I have see other potos with an orange roundel with arabic words inside, but this is more old. And the flag painted on rudders are also new to me...

Comment

Yes gkozak. Monarch period I think... I have see other potos with an orange roundel with arabic words inside, but this is more old. And the flag painted on rudders are also new to me...
                Yes, that green-red-black roundel and rudder stripes are from the monarch period (Royal Afghan Air Fore). In use till early 1960s when they were replaced by the triangle roundel.
                Here is a well-known photo of RAAF MiG-17s and Il-28s with rudder stripes from 1959: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Kabul_1959.jpg

Btw, can you upload here a photo with the orange roundel? I've never seen that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsign View Post
                  Yes, that green-red-black roundel and rudder stripes are from the monarch period (Royal Afghan Air Fore). In use till early 1960s when they were replaced by the triangle roundel.
                  Here is a well-known photo of RAAF MiG-17s and Il-28s with rudder stripes from 1959: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Kabul_1959.jpg

Btw, can you upload here a photo with the orange roundel? I've never seen that one.
                  Don't if it's this one you are talking about :

and the "green-red-black" :
                  Last edited by archangelski; 10th April 2016, 10:03.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	102 Afghanistan.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	3667992

Comment

Originally posted by archangelski View Post
                      Don't if it's this one you are talking about :

and the "green-red-black" :
                      Well, if orange means red... I somewhat thought Strato was talking about some pre-WWII roundel or something like that.

Comment

Sorry red roundel. Yure right boys... red or orange roundel... depends of photo quality or how many years was the roundel under the sun...

Comment

Angola

Comment

Afghan Warplane Museum, Kabul, Afghanistan:

Name:	Afghanistan_2004_An-2_Colt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	3668006

More pics:
                            http://silverhawkauthor.com/afghan-w...istan_365.html

https://thevelvetrocket.com/2008/05/...d-mine-museum/

P.S. Angolan pics are very impressive!! keep them coming!!
                            Last edited by the_baphomet_00; 10th April 2016, 20:18.

Comment

Angola

Comment

CAMEROON Air Force

thanks for your reply, GERARD,

but, indeed the question remains ; emblem, insignia or roundel

friendly,

Etienne

Comment

Angola

Comment

Angola

Comment

Hello, cy24driver2, My Friend, I thank you for the excellent images that have placed on the Air Force of Angola, my country for the first time there is an enthusiast who has prided me. It's never too this; THANK YOU. Friend C. Kioko.

Comment

Originally posted by ombaka View Post
                                        Hello, cy24driver2, My Friend, I thank you for the excellent images that have placed on the Air Force of Angola, my country for the first time there is an enthusiast who has prided me. It's never too this; THANK YOU. Friend C. Kioko.
                                        My pleasure!! Mr C.Kioko

The FANA has been one of my greatest interests among other lesser-known African AFs.

Please visit and join in an incredible website dedicated to SAF which is run by my portuguese friend p_shadow http://www.smallairforces.com/index....1f5fd37c852304, then you will find a lot of FANA pics.

I'll continue updating more FANA pics taken from facebook as long as the time permits, however, it's getting as scarce as hen's teeth.

Are you also interested in Angolan ground forces?

If you're a big fan of Angolan ground forces as well. then visit and join in ACIG forum

I have updated some rare pics including T-72M1 tanks operated by The 101st Tank Brigade along with 2S3, 2S7 SPHs.

Obrigado!! Best regards from Jin-ho, South Korea.

Last edited by cy24driver2; 16th April 2016, 01:09.

Comment

great stuff from FANA, thanks cy24driver2
                                          checking this thread regularly to see aircrafts once overhauled in our company.

Name:	IMG_5833.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	3668098
                                          <Find a job you like doing, and you'll never have to work a day in your life>

Comment

Working...
                                          X