RuAF News and Development Thread part 11

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years

Sigh.. Can't they just let the Algerians or Indians paint all RuAF flankers (yes all of them, regardles of what numerical or alfabetical suffix they may have) and then be over and done with all these endless glossy LSD-patterns once and for all??

FFS, how hard could it be? :confused: Cant take much more now... :(

I like the new dark grey scheme. Reminds me of MiG-28 :cool: ;) :diablo:

Member for

19 years

http://36x24.ru/piclj/baltimor/251212/DSC_0124-lj.jpg

More:

http://sky-hope.livejournal.com/384692.html

Thanks, finally some good photos of the new Su-34 aircraft batch. Immediatelly I noticed something strange in front of the cockpit, seems to be a temporary solution, maybe an additional short range navigation antenna???? Well, well, a week ago you were complaining about Russian media spreading lies about "Su-34 growing pains"....:)

Attachments

Member for

14 years 2 months

If it was a navigational antenna of any kind, shouldn't be on the back of the plane, behind the cockpit instead of the nose and pointing forward?

Member for

19 years

If it was a navigational antenna of any kind, shouldn't be on the back of the plane, behind the cockpit instead of the nose and pointing forward?

Why just on the back? always to cover the front and rear hemisphere do not you think? You cant do that with only one antenna on the tail, moreover it looks very similar to the short range nav antenna...

Member for

13 years 3 months

The 'Urals Civil Aviation Enterprise' (ОАО «Уральский завод гражданской авиации») successfully flight tested the first of its locally assembled 'IAI Searcher 2' (Russian name 'Forepost') UAVs last month.

Apparently the temperature was -30degC!!

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/428625.html

The УЗГА UAV assembly line @ Yekaterinburg:

http://img13.imageshost.ru/img/2013/01/09/image_50ed59e42e610.jpg

Pics c/o Djoker.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Speaking of Su-35S , does anyone have a rough idea when the 6 Su-35S delivered ( formally ) last year will be ferried to their units? Thanks.:)

Member for

13 years 7 months

Love those Su-34 shots.

An excellent article on the MiG-29 and export possibilities:

http://mdb.cast.ru/mdb/6-2012/item3/article2/

Interesting but seems a bit optimistic:

- Indian AF - has ordered more Su-30's (270 now ordered). Given local input into assembly it's probable that any additional fighters are brought from here.

- Indian Navy - yes, very probable if carrier plans proceed. Remember though that Rafale also comes in carrier capable version.

- Syria - unlikely. Civil War shows no sign of abating and the country probably won't have any funding to replace fighters once it's finished.

- Iran - also unlikely. The Iranians don't seem interested in acquiring new foreign jets.

- Zimbabwe - as stated in article no cash.

- Peru - Unlikely - they're focusing on maintaining existing assets.

- Cuba - Extremely unlikely as country is broke.

- Sudan - definite possibility

- Bangladesh - Unlikely, they appeared unhappy with MiG-29

- Burma - definite possibility

- Malaysia - again unlikely. They're looking at retiring the MiG-29 as they're not happy with MiG-29. http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/malaysia-to-phase-out-troublesome-mig-29-fighters-327276/

Given their current preference for Western-Eastern split I suspect the contract will be either for JAS-39 or F/A-18E/F.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Bangladesh - Unlikely, they appeared unhappy with MiG-29
Haven't they already opted for MiG-29SMT?

Member for

13 years 8 months

Who said the Bangladesh AF is unhappy with the Fulcrum? Every report I have read, including the recent AFM article, suggests the Bangladesh AF is very happy with the Fulcrum

In addition, Peru has recently acquired new MiG-29s (SM version I believe, no humpback)

Attachments

Member for

11 years 3 months

Was the number of Su 34 recently delivered to Rus VVS in Dec/Jan 10 or 11?

Member for

13 years 6 months

Malaysia is also keeping the MiG-29 for longer than originally envisaged.
I think a UPG type upgrade would be smart in their case.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Peru's MiG-29 are upgraded 9.13/9.13SEs and UBs (which they bought in the nineties). Apparently they are at a standard somewhat similar to SM, full A-A and A-G PGM capability, IFR , modernized radar etc.( two-seaters have CHFL strakes ahead of fins like the 9.53 UBs, plus IFR)

There were 5 Su-34 delivered to Baltimor/Voronezh in December , there are 5 more to be ferried to their unit about January 15 apparently.

Member for

12 years 7 months

In addition, Peru has recently acquired new MiG-29s (SM version I believe, no humpback)

There are no plans to acquire MiG-29 so far. I thought those SMT rejected by Algeria were a good option for many countries, as RSK MiG could not afford to have another scandal. By the way, I did not know about the 250 million $ deposit.

There is also Kazakhstan as a potential buyer.

Member for

12 years 5 months

Speaking of Su-35S , does anyone have a rough idea when the 6 Su-35S delivered ( formally ) last year will be ferried to their units? Thanks.:)

Currently it is just unit. Lipetsk.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Malaysia is also keeping the MiG-29 for longer than originally envisaged.
I think a UPG type upgrade would be smart in their case.
Too late, would be a waste of money.

Member for

14 years 2 months

Peru's MiG-29 are upgraded 9.13/9.13SEs and UBs (which they bought in the nineties). Apparently they are at a standard somewhat similar to SM, full A-A and A-G PGM capability, IFR , modernized radar etc.( two-seaters have CHFL strakes ahead of fins like the 9.53 UBs, plus IFR)

Cockpit is SMT standard with two MFI-10-7 LCDs. Rumors about radar are contradictory, it's either an N019M type upgrade or N010ME Zhuk-ME slotted type.