Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and Development Thread part 11

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tu 160
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Jan 2013
    • 157

    ?

    So the new VK-2500 engine is the same as Klimov TV3-117 engine but now fully produced in Russia instead of Ukraine,are there any improvements to the original engine?
    So nobody knows how many of each Ka52,Mi28 and Mi35 were made and delivered to Russian VVS in 2012?????????
    Are there still 19 serial production Ka52 or more?
    TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

    Comment

    • MSphere
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 8983

      VK-2500 is just another name for TV3-117VMA-SB3, a high power derivative from the TV3-117VMA which was an uprated high altitude version of the original TV3-117. Compared to the 117VMA the VK-2500 has a new compressor turbine which works at higher gas temp, further 20% higher power, new FADEC and service life increased to 9,000 hours.

      The VK-2500 is made jointly with Klimov and Motor Sich, the new Russian version will have a new name.

      Comment

      • Tu 160
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jan 2013
        • 157

        Since VK2500 has %20 more power that means its power rating has increased from 2200hp to 2640 hp?
        Also do you know about the Ka52,Mi28 and Mi35 2012 production numbers?
        Originally posted by MSphere View Post
        VK-2500 is just another name for TV3-117VMA-SB3, a high power derivative from the TV3-117VMA which was an uprated high altitude version of the original TV3-117. Compared to the 117VMA the VK-2500 has a new compressor turbine which works at higher gas temp, further 20% higher power, new FADEC and service life increased to 9,000 hours.

        The VK-2500 is made jointly with Klimov and Motor Sich, the new Russian version will have a new name.
        TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

        Comment

        • haavarla
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Dec 2008
          • 6663

          Su-35S will finnish second stage of State trials in 2015

          The second stage of State trials include new weapons, new self protection systems(IRST?) and possible the Fire and control radar, since it require new software to match new weapons.


          http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2013/1/16/1459/
          Thanks

          Comment

          • MSphere
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 8983

            Originally posted by Tu 160 View Post
            Since VK2500 has %20 more power that means its power rating has increased from 2200hp to 2640 hp?
            2700 hp emergency power (SLS, ISA +15C), 2.5-minute power rating, OEI with one engine inoperative

            Comment

            • mack8
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Nov 2009
              • 2114

              Originally posted by haavarla View Post
              Su-35S will finnish second stage of State trials in 2015

              The second stage of State trials include new weapons, new self protection systems(IRST?) and possible the Fire and control radar, since it require new software to match new weapons.


              http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2013/1/16/1459/
              Not sure about the IRST , i would think they talk about the OEIS, RWR, ECM, datalinks etc. etc. Would be most interesting to know what new weapons they will integrate.
              --------------
              NO to NATO
              NO to WAR!

              Comment

              • haavarla
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Dec 2008
                • 6663

                New A2G missile approved, Kh-38 with retracteble fins.. perhaps for the Pak-Fa platform??

                http://www.lenta.ru/news/2013/01/16/missile/
                Thanks

                Comment

                • TR1
                  TR1
                  http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 9806

                  To be technical the news is the RuAF accepted the missile, after trials were passed.

                  AFAIK the Kh-38 always had folding fins, so I don't think it is anything PAK-FA specific, unlike say Kh-58UShK.

                  Also, Izvestia.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TR1
                    TR1
                    http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 9806



                    First AW139 built in Russia flies.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Dr.Snufflebug
                      Boggleboople snufflebug
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 523

                      Originally posted by TR1 View Post


                      First AW139 built in Russia flies.
                      And video:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HeU2sqhkuUE

                      Three said to have been ordered by the government to equip some "undisclosed security branch". Which one could it be?

                      I know that SOBR flies a Eurocopter (AS355N) and that the Moscow Police has another one (together with Kamovs and what not). I mean, as far as foreign helicopters owned by authorities goes.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Tu 160
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 157

                        Why did they bother producing this foreign helo in Russia when Russia has an excellent helo in the same class the Ka 60?
                        TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

                        Comment

                        • MSphere
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 8983

                          Originally posted by Tu 160 View Post
                          Why did they bother producing this foreign helo in Russia when Russia has an excellent helo in the same class the Ka 60?
                          AW139 has a full order book, Ka-60 has none, that is why.

                          Comment

                          • Tu 160
                            Rank 5 Registered User
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 157

                            How come,is Ka 60 experiencing development problems? Didn't the Russian VVS order a decent amount of Ka 60 recently?
                            Originally posted by MSphere View Post
                            AW139 has a full order book, Ka-60 has none, that is why.
                            Last edited by Tu 160; 17th January 2013, 09:32.
                            TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

                            Comment

                            • DrPepper
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 290

                              Originally posted by Tu 160 View Post
                              How come,is Ka 60 experiencing development problems? Didn't the Russian VVS order a decent amount of Ka 60 recently?
                              I think he means export wise. Ka-60 has been ordered for the Russian military yes, but it has taken no export orders as yet. Production of the AW in Russia could mean taking orders themselves, just like the Polish have done with the S-70 (Saudi S-70I is produced in Poland)

                              Comment

                              • TR1
                                TR1
                                http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 9806

                                Ka-60 has not been ordered by anyone.
                                It is dead.

                                Ka-62 on the other hand, should fly this year, and military is supposedly interested in a mil version of it.

                                Anyways if there is demand for the August in RUssia, joint production is better than flat import.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                • MSphere
                                  Senior Member
                                  • Feb 2010
                                  • 8983

                                  Originally posted by Tu 160 View Post
                                  How come,is Ka 60 experiencing development problems? Didn't the Russian VVS order a decent amount of Ka 60 recently?
                                  Ka-60 is gone and Ka-62 is not ready yet. There have been no fixed orders for any of these types thus far, AFAIK.

                                  Comment

                                  • Berkut
                                    Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2011
                                    • 2216

                                    Ka-60 has been dead for YEARS.

                                    Comment

                                    • ink
                                      ink
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Jan 2000
                                      • 3575

                                      Isn't Ka-62 just an extension of the Ka-60 programme?
                                      Regards, Ivan

                                      Comment

                                      • niksi
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Apr 2007
                                        • 405

                                        Yes it is.

                                        The first Ka-62 was civilian version of the Ka-60 (military version). Military version first flew in 1998 and the program was ongoing at a slow pace till one of the prototypes crashed. In the meantime, the "original" Ka-62, never flew. But, it lately evolved into something more modern and should fly this year. New militarized version of this evolved Ka-62 is in the pipeline (for both VVS and VMF) and should follow its civilian sibling if everything goes as planned.

                                        Comment

                                        • Jō Asakura
                                          多聞天
                                          • Jan 2011
                                          • 1302

                                          Official Ka-62 presentation last Spring:

                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYCGbDf6wu4
                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pRiESrPgo
                                          sigpic

                                          Comment

                                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                          Collapse

                                           

                                          Working...
                                          X