Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and Development Thread part 11

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MSphere
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 8983

    Originally posted by mack8 View Post
    Peru's MiG-29 are upgraded 9.13/9.13SEs and UBs (which they bought in the nineties). Apparently they are at a standard somewhat similar to SM, full A-A and A-G PGM capability, IFR , modernized radar etc.( two-seaters have CHFL strakes ahead of fins like the 9.53 UBs, plus IFR)
    Cockpit is SMT standard with two MFI-10-7 LCDs. Rumors about radar are contradictory, it's either an N019M type upgrade or N010ME Zhuk-ME slotted type.

    Comment

    • DrPepper
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Aug 2010
      • 290

      [QUOTE=a89;1973619]There are no plans to acquire MiG-29 so far. I thought those SMT rejected by Algeria were a good option for many countries, as RSK MiG could not afford to have another scandal. By the way, I did not know about the 250 million $ deposit.


      I don't understand what you are trying to say, how can Peru have no plans to acquire them when they have already been delivered????

      Comment

      • CoffeeBean
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jun 2011
        • 404

        Originally posted by thobbes View Post
        Interesting but seems a bit optimistic:

        - Indian Navy - yes, very probable if carrier plans proceed. Remember though that Rafale also comes in carrier capable version.
        More Mig-29k would only be possible if (1) IAC 2 turns out to be STOBAR - which is highly unlikely. IN seems to be set for going in for CATOBAR.

        or if (2) N-LCA fails to materialize.

        Comment

        • Tu 160
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2013
          • 157

          How many Ka 52 were manufactured in 2012 or delivered to Russian VVS in 2012? How many $ is the Russian VVS paying for a single Ka 52, around $16 million per unit?
          TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

          Comment

          • TR1
            TR1
            http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
            • Oct 2010
            • 9821



            A new year, a new Mi-26T....
            sigpic

            Comment

            • haavarla
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Dec 2008
              • 6699

              Do we have any specs on the newly build Mi-26?
              Have they manage to reduce empty weight by using lighter airframe materials?
              Thanks

              Comment

              • Berkut
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2011
                • 2216

                Well, this one has nothing to do with RuAF or Russian MoD.

                Comment

                • calimero
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 197

                  Mi-26T is for the civilian and export market, right? The latest batch for the Russian VVS doesn't seem to be a later model such as the Mi-26M (was it ever build?) but I can't believe that they get the same model that entered service now 30 years ago.

                  Comment

                  • Berkut
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 2216

                    Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                    Have they manage to reduce empty weight by using lighter airframe materials?
                    Yes because Mi-26 is well known for being underpowered.



                    No big changes are done as far as i know. Normal production evolution i guess, but nothing beyond that.

                    Comment

                    • Tu 160
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 157

                      Its avionics were updated and even at 30 years old the Mi 26 is still way better than anything the west or US has and Mi 26 is the leader in its class by a wide margin still.
                      Also how many Ka 52 were manufactured in 2012 or delivered to Russian VVS in 2012? How many $ is the Russian VVS paying for a single Ka 52, around $16 million per unit?
                      Originally posted by calimero View Post
                      Mi-26T is for the civilian and export market, right? The latest batch for the Russian VVS doesn't seem to be a later model such as the Mi-26M (was it ever build?) but I can't believe that they get the same model that entered service now 30 years ago.
                      Last edited by Tu 160; 12th January 2013, 22:33.
                      TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

                      Comment

                      • calimero
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 197

                        Nobody is comparing the Mi-26 to a Western design. I just find it odd that -apparently- the 30-year-old model was ordered instead of a more modern version with more modern avionics etc., Mi-26A, Mi-26M or whatever.

                        Comment

                        • haavarla
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 6699

                          What??
                          I imagine the new build Mi-26 has something of a glass cockpit, atleast?
                          Thanks

                          Comment

                          • TR1
                            TR1
                            http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 9821

                            Originally posted by calimero View Post
                            Nobody is comparing the Mi-26 to a Western design. I just find it odd that -apparently- the 30-year-old model was ordered instead of a more modern version with more modern avionics etc., Mi-26A, Mi-26M or whatever.
                            Does the job + price + speed of delivery.

                            Don't worry, MOD will order Mi-26T2 variant after 2013 as well.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Tu 160
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jan 2013
                              • 157

                              Ka 52

                              So nobody on this forum knows answers to my questions on Ka 52???
                              TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

                              Comment

                              • MSphere
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2010
                                • 8983

                                Originally posted by calimero View Post
                                Nobody is comparing the Mi-26 to a Western design. I just find it odd that -apparently- the 30-year-old model was ordered instead of a more modern version with more modern avionics etc., Mi-26A, Mi-26M or whatever.
                                The Mi-26T has one function - go to A, lift the cargo, deliver to B, drop. Exactly what avionics do you really need for that?

                                Comment

                                • MSphere
                                  Senior Member
                                  • Feb 2010
                                  • 8983

                                  Originally posted by Tu 160 View Post
                                  So nobody on this forum knows answers to my questions on Ka 52???
                                  Ka-52 costs around 30% more than Mi-28N - something over 800 million RUB

                                  Comment

                                  • Berkut
                                    Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2011
                                    • 2216

                                    Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                                    What??
                                    I imagine the new build Mi-26 has something of a glass cockpit, atleast?
                                    No of course.

                                    Good question about Ka-52's, on top of my head i can only recall seeing one this year. (new that is)

                                    Comment

                                    • Tu 160
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Jan 2013
                                      • 157

                                      Ka 52

                                      Isn't the current production rate of Ka 52 somewhere from 10-12 per year based on production figures from 2011? Where are all those Ka 52 made in 2012,haven't been much news or pictures of them unlike the very well documented Su 34 deliveries?
                                      Originally posted by Berkut View Post
                                      No of course.

                                      Good question about Ka-52's, on top of my head i can only recall seeing one this year. (new that is)
                                      Last edited by Tu 160; 13th January 2013, 01:42.
                                      TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

                                      Comment

                                      • Tu 160
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Jan 2013
                                        • 157

                                        Whats the $ unit cost amount for both the Ka52 and Mi28N?
                                        Is there any plans to put radar on top of rotor on future serial produced Mi28N?
                                        Originally posted by MSphere View Post
                                        Ka-52 costs around 30% more than Mi-28N - something over 800 million RUB
                                        TU 160 STATISTICALLY IS THE LARGEST,HEAVIEST AND MOST POWERFUL COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND BOMBER EVER BUILT

                                        Comment

                                        • MSphere
                                          Senior Member
                                          • Feb 2010
                                          • 8983

                                          Originally posted by Tu 160 View Post
                                          Whats the $ unit cost amount for both the Ka52 and Mi28N?
                                          Is there any plans to put radar on top of rotor on future serial produced Mi28N?
                                          Ka-52 around $27-28mil, Mi-28N around $20mil (I suspect without radar).
                                          AFAIK, the radar works but suffers from poor MTBF due to excessive vibrations.

                                          Comment

                                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                          Collapse

                                           

                                          Working...
                                          X