Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuAF News and Development Thread part 11

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • soyuz1917
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2005
    • 651

    #21
    I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here before. In Q1 2013 the Kremlin is set to seal a massive new $8.6 billion contract with UAC for 105 "people movers" for various power ministries including the VVS. This contract should pretty much revive Russian commercial aviation all by itself.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/414976.html
    http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/bmpd/...2_original.jpg

    $600 million of the total $8.6 billion will go to Antonov in Ukraine in the form of royalties in connection with design and patents they own as part of the An-148 program, but all the rest remains in Russia to further strengthen the "unbreakable Soviet industrial machine."

    This contract only concerns 105 new built "people movers." Additional contracts for specialized aircraft like refuelers and ELINT jets for the MoD are planned.

    The MoD will get -- 39 An-148's, 2 Tu-214's, 11 Tu-204SM's.

    The Presidential administration, which is charged with ferrying about VIP's will get -- 6 An-148's, 6 Tu-214's, 8 Il-96-300's, and 1 Tu-204-300.

    The FSB will get -- 4 An-148's, 2 Tu-214's, 1 Il-476, and 2 Tu-204-300's.

    The MVD will get -- 6 An-148's 2 Tu-204SM's, and 2 SSJ's.

    The Ministry of Emergencies (commie FEMA) will get -- 2 An-148's, 4 Il-476's and 1 Tu-204-300.

    Roscosmos will get -- 3 Tu-214's, and 3 SSJ's.

    Comment

    • mack8
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Nov 2009
      • 2114

      #22
      Well, something that will probably hearten Berkut. AF commander Shoigu does not like gray on RuAF aircraft, so he wants them cammoed again (according to the specifics of their basing and operation, he says).
      http://izvestia.ru/news/542205

      Does anyone with good contacts/insight into the RuAF community know what do the pilots thought of the grey cammo ?

      Speaking of Soyuz's post that looks like a mother of a deal for the russian aviation industry.
      Last edited by mack8; 25th December 2012, 23:59.
      --------------
      NO to NATO
      NO to WAR!

      Comment

      • Berkut
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2011
        • 2216

        #23
        Yup, i was mildly happy to see Mr.White Horse Rider Shoigu to come and save everyone from the evil tyranny of Serdukov.

        RIP Sh!t stain color , will deeply miss you.

        Comment

        • Dr.Snufflebug
          Boggleboople snufflebug
          • Aug 2012
          • 527

          #24
          Originally posted by soyuz1917 View Post
          Roscosmos will get -- 3 Tu-214's, and 3 SSJ's.
          So they can retire the Tu-134's, that's good news. Can't wait for an SSJ in Roscosmos livery. Will definitely look good over at Vostochny too, which by the looks of things will be a modern wonder compared to the facilities at Baikonur.

          Originally posted by mack8 View Post
          Well, something that will probably hearten Berkut. AF commander Shoigu does not like gray on RuAF aircraft, so he wants them cammoed again (according to the specifics of their basing and operation, he says).
          http://izvestia.ru/news/542205

          Does anyone with good contacts/insight into the RuAF community know what do the pilots thought of the grey cammo ?

          Speaking of Soyuz's post that looks like a mother of a deal for the russian aviation industry.
          You don't go tuff-tuff in your MiG-3 within an <80km wide circle anymore... Are they going to haphazardly splash a buncha buckets of white paint on the machines when Gidrometcenter announces skiing times ahead too? I mean, sure I understand when something just flat out doesn't work (the Su-25 and -34 would seem to me as an example of that) but we're talking multirole, long-range, high speed and high flying aircraft here. The "grey ghost" they speak so condescendingly of sure is a compromise, but it is by no means a dumb one.
          Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug; 26th December 2012, 00:51.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • Austin
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Oct 2003
            • 6483

            #25
            Originally posted by soyuz1917 View Post

            The MoD will get -- 39 An-148's, 2 Tu-214's, 11 Tu-204SM's.

            The Presidential administration, which is charged with ferrying about VIP's will get -- 6 An-148's, 6 Tu-214's, 8 Il-96-300's, and 1 Tu-204-300.

            The FSB will get -- 4 An-148's, 2 Tu-214's, 1 Il-476, and 2 Tu-204-300's.

            The MVD will get -- 6 An-148's 2 Tu-204SM's, and 2 SSJ's.

            The Ministry of Emergencies (commie FEMA) will get -- 2 An-148's, 4 Il-476's and 1 Tu-204-300.

            Roscosmos will get -- 3 Tu-214's, and 3 SSJ's.
            Thats indeed good , they are planning to buy the newer Tu-204SM and SSJ plus additional aircraft of various class will really give the push to civilian aircraft industry.

            8 x IL-96PU isnt that a big number to have just to ferry the president or does the PM , DM and other VVIPS use the IL-96PU ?

            AFAIK the Presidential Administration has 3 x IL-96PU and 2 more under order plus 3 additional to be ordered to complete a fleet of 8 IL-96-300 ?
            "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

            Comment

            • TR1
              TR1
              http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
              • Oct 2010
              • 9821

              #26
              Source is Izvestya.....

              Doesn't it seem suspiciously big considering the similar sized An-140 orders from recently?
              sigpic

              Comment

              • JSR
                JSR
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Aug 2011
                • 4977

                #27
                Order mix may change. but it is part of state support to create economies of scale.
                http://atwonline.com/aircraft-engine...craft-uac-1217
                Russias ministries to order 130 aircraft from UAC
                According to Vedomosti, the Ministry of Defense will be the main customer, as it will decommission 80 civil aircraft through 2018.

                Comment

                • Bellum
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 118

                  #28
                  So how many serial Su-34s have really been produced? I have pictures of aircrafts with red port numbers: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,20,21,22 and if we do count the grey #5 as a separate aircraft, that is 16 different aircrafts. According to the information that I have, in 2010 was deliverd 4 aircrafts, 2011 6 and 2012 5(with another 5 to be delivered in January 2013). So do anyone have port numbers and/or pictures of any additional serial production Su-34s? And is there any information on how many we should expect for 2013(if we don't count the january jets)?

                  Comment

                  • Berkut
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 2216

                    #29
                    Originally posted by Bellum View Post
                    So how many serial Su-34s have really been produced? I have pictures of aircrafts with red port numbers: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,20,21,22 and if we do count the grey #5 as a separate aircraft, that is 16 different aircrafts. According to the information that I have, in 2010 was deliverd 4 aircrafts, 2011 6 and 2012 5(with another 5 to be delivered in January 2013). So do anyone have port numbers and/or pictures of any additional serial production Su-34s? And is there any information on how many we should expect for 2013(if we don't count the january jets)?
                    Clue, there is several duplicates in terms of bort number, doesnt mean they are same plane. Look more closely.

                    Comment

                    • AndyMarden
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 204

                      #30
                      Bellum,
                      There are two each of 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 red!
                      Andy

                      Comment

                      • Flanker_man
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2000
                        • 3680

                        #31
                        One thing I noticed about the new 'Hellduck' Su-34 bort numbers is the style of the numeral 1.

                        On all other Russian aircraft I have seen, the numeral 1 (one) is just a
                        straight bar.







                        On the new camo'ed Su-34's the numeral 1 has a 'hook' at the top.

                        I had to make my model as bort 05 - because nowhere in my collection of Russian bort number decals did I have any in the new style to make bort 10......



                        Any photos of other Russian types with the 'hooked' number one ???

                        Ken
                        Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast.
                        Flankers (& others) website at :-
                        http://flankers.co.uk/

                        Comment

                        • haavarla
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 6702

                          #32
                          Originally posted by AndyMarden View Post
                          Bellum,
                          There are two each of 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 red!
                          Andy
                          Can somebody pls produce some pics to illustrate this, don't think i've seen all those of each..

                          And where are they all based, Voronezh?
                          Thanks

                          Comment

                          • Berkut
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 2216

                            #33
                            Originally posted by haavarla View Post
                            Can somebody pls produce some pics to illustrate this, don't think i've seen all those of each..

                            And where are they all based, Voronezh?
                            You are free as always to do research yourself? Look, this took me a whooping 30 seconds:

                            02: http://russianplanes.net/id93827

                            And 02: http://russianplanes.net/id92823

                            05: http://russianplanes.net/id63040

                            05: http://russianplanes.net/id93331

                            On the rest you are free too do research yourself.

                            Comment

                            • Bellum
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 118

                              #34
                              Originally posted by AndyMarden View Post
                              Bellum,
                              There are two each of 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 red!
                              Andy
                              Thank you very much for the information! I appreciate the help.

                              Comment

                              • benhongh
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 153

                                #35
                                Quick question: when were the Su-34s fitted with wing fences? Were they suffering from uncommanded roll in certain part of the flight regime (most likely transonic?)

                                Any clue will be appreciated.

                                Comment

                                • blackwood
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Dec 2011
                                  • 314

                                  #36
                                  Anybody know the latest on the delivery date for the SU-35S to the airforce. Remember reading early December in one article. Then late December in a later article. Update on this schedule.

                                  Comment

                                  • J-31 Burrito
                                    Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2012
                                    • 295

                                    #37
                                    Originally posted by Flanker_man View Post
                                    One thing I noticed about the new 'Hellduck' Su-34 bort numbers is the style of the numeral 1.


                                    Any photos of other Russian types with the 'hooked' number one ???

                                    Ken
                                    just curious, why are the greys so inconsistent, the type used for the helicopters, transports are different and the ones on the fighters and yak-130 are also different even between them.

                                    Comment

                                    • Berkut
                                      Senior Member
                                      • Nov 2011
                                      • 2216

                                      #38
                                      Originally posted by benhongh View Post
                                      Any clue will be appreciated.
                                      Result of "the big sticks" at the ends of the wings.

                                      Comment

                                      • TR1
                                        TR1
                                        http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                                        • Oct 2010
                                        • 9821

                                        #39
                                        http://www.vz.ru/news/2012/12/26/613928.html

                                        First Il-78MD-90A will appear by 2015.
                                        sigpic

                                        Comment

                                        • mack8
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Nov 2009
                                          • 2114

                                          #40
                                          6 Su-35S transferred to VVS today. Does anyone know of any pics or video from the ceremony ?!

                                          http://www.sukhoi.org/news/company/?id=5036
                                          --------------
                                          NO to NATO
                                          NO to WAR!

                                          Comment

                                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                          Collapse

                                           

                                          Working...
                                          X