Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tejas Mk1 and Mk2 thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more pictures from winter trials at Leh.
    http://gallery.tejas.gov.in/Gallery/...4719&k=KjGRdKG
    Tejas operating from Leh in the winter of 2013, altitude 3,500 m (11,500 ft). The temperature was often down to -15 degree Celsius at night and the day temperature rarely exceeded 0 degree Celsius. The views are spectacular, Leh is the highest commercial airport in the world.

sigpic

Comment

Never mind, post deleted.
      sigpic

Comment

Just saw the live webcasts on Tejas prgram by Air Cmde KA Muthana, Project Director (Flight Test), NFTC, ADA and Mr Shyam Chetty, Director, NAL, CSIR .

Cmde Muthana had a half hour diatribe over the way program was run but praised the final product.

Mr Shyam Chetty revealed an interesting tidbit about Naval Tejas, it will feature an automatic 'Hands Free' take off feature for STOBAR operations. Testing of automatic take off will start soon at INS Hansa, Goa.
        sigpic

Comment

Any recordings of the webcast on Tejas program ? where can i find the webcast link
          "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
            Any recordings of the webcast on Tejas program ? where can i find the webcast link
            I did not record that particular webcast. However you can search for it the future by its title "Certifiable Control Laws for High Performance FBW Aircraft" by Mr Shyam Chetty.

The paper by Air Cmde Muthana is available in full here :-
            http://aeroindiaseminar.in/admin/tec...anna_paper.pdf
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks , Another nice paper on Akash

A Nice paper on Akash SAM program from AeroIndia 2013

Challenges in design, development, system integration, testing, evaluation and production of Surface to Air Tactical Missile system Akash
              "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Comment

EW Suite for Tejas:-

Python-5 and Derby for Tejas

..and Astra too. Notice the change in design of Astra. The mock up of Tejas is still carrying the old mock up of Astra.
                sigpic

Comment

LSP-4 flying over Yelahanka.
                  sigpic

Comment

Could one of you visiting AI2013 get details on Tejas Mark II specs? I am particularly interested in its increased length, weight, payload and range. Pictures of models, brochures would be great.

Thanks a lot.
                    MTFBWY

Comment

Originally posted by lordofjedi View Post
                      Could one of you visiting AI2013 get details on Tejas Mark II specs? I am particularly interested in its increased length, weight, payload and range. Pictures of models, brochures would be great.

Thanks a lot.
                      I haven't come across any posts on Tejas exhibits about Mk 2 on any of the forums.

Edit: Found one. The poster on the right in the background for mk.2 says 13.7 m. That poster is pretty much the old Bruchure from last AI.
                      Last edited by Twinblade; 8th February 2013, 08:00.
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twinblade View Post
                          I haven't come across any posts on Tejas exhibits about Mk 2 on any of the forums.

Edit: Found one. The poster on the right in the background for mk.2 says 13.7 m. That poster is pretty much the old Bruchure from last AI.
                          i see almost no change from mk1 to 2

Comment

Some more pictures from winter trials at Leh.
                            http://gallery.tejas.gov.in/Gallery/...4719&k=KjGRdKG

Sorry for quoting the whole post, but what a cute baby-Mirage..!

Comment

Originally posted by zhengpao33 View Post
                              i see almost no change from mk1 to 2
                              Yeah, barring half meter increase in length, not much change.
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, barring half meter increase in length, not much change.
                                  Might make all the difference aesthetically. The model linked above is markedly easier on my eyes than the chunky and lumpy Mk. 1.

For Mk. 3 will have to do something about those intakes.

Comment

I'm curious why HAL used the gap between the fuselage and intakes like on the Hornet.
                                    Go Huskers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rii View Post
                                      Might make all the difference aesthetically. The model linked above is markedly easier on my eyes than the chunky and lumpy Mk. 1.

For Mk. 3 will have to do something about those intakes.
                                      Plz, not you too for DSI.

----

MadRat, thats a quite a common design feature. Its for boundary layer air separation.

Same thing for F-22 intake (front intake pic quite large, so i havent made it an in-line image) :
                                      http://0.tqn.com/d/chicago/1/0/J/D/-...RaptorZoom.JPG

Also, LCA design is by ADA, not HAL.

Comment

Some more mugs.

sigpic

Comment

Simple question now. Will Tejas especially the Mk2 in the end will replace Mig-21 in the Inventory on one on one basis (as the original Plan). When reading about Tejas on several forum and Media, sometime I just wander why so much negativity targeted on Tejas. This is Plan to replace Mig-21, and as the photograph can show, It can do well to replace Mig-21.

Why so much goal being burdened to Tejas ? when the original plan is to replace Mig-21, which I do believe this Little Fighter can do well on that.
                                          Last edited by ananda; 11th February 2013, 08:29.

Comment

Working...
                                          X