Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Air Forces Thread #15

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KERVYN
    Rank 5 Registered User

Congolese B-26

a 'better' view;

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAZ09O2L.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	3635845

from; http://worldatwar.net

friendly,

Etienne

Comment

• MSphere

Few images of Congolese B-26K, the last one shows CIA-hired technicians rearming the aircraft.

Comment

• gkozak
        Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by Cherry Ripe View Post
        Thanks for the quick reply!

I didn't know that. Very interesting, were they sourced from France or the USA? I would think the climate must have been lethal to the wooden blades!

I have been studying the background of the photo and here is a zoomed section with what I thought looked like the Twin Courier. Initially I had also thought of a Do-28 ( prior to the '28D model ) but is it actually an aircraft?

Addendum: This site notes that C-130E 63-7868 was involved in the Stanleyville hostage rescue operation in November 1964. Would that correspond to the date of this picture?
        I think the timeframe for this image matches for the C-130. And I would guess that the twin-engine aircraft is an early Do-28. The H-21s are ex-USAF, and I imagine that the climate played hell with the wooden blades. The SAFO article on them is from Volume 33, No. 2 (130) of the SAFO Magazine, October 2009.

Comment

• gkozak
          Rank 5 Registered User

A Sudanese Jet Provost, with early national markings. Also, a South African T-6 in interesting camo, as well as an uncharacteristically neat and clean UH-1H from El Salvador.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gkozak; 10th July 2012, 22:42.

Comment

• TigerII
            Rank 5 Registered User

Madagascar AF Alouette II

I found this very nice picture of one of four former Belgium Army Alouette II delivered to Madagascar in 2011. Any more details welcome.
            Picture via Philippe DuCroix
            Attached Files

Comment

• gkozak
              Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by TigerII View Post
              I found this very nice picture of one of four former Belgium Army Alouette II delivered to Madagascar in 2011. Any more details welcome.
              Picture via Philippe DuCroix
              A great photo of a very unusual subject. Note the round variant of the segmented national insignia, one I have never seen before.

Comment

• Rafael Patrn
                Rank 5 Registered User

Mexican F-5F from the cabin 360

Hello

Check this great video of the Mexican Air Force F-5F Tiger II.

http://www.sedena.gob.mx/images/stor.../f5/index.html

Comment

• flightman
                  Rank 5 Registered User

Typ: CASA C-101 Aviojet
                  Operator: Honduras - Air Force
                  SN: FAH-238

Source: airliners.net

(click for large version)
                  Last edited by flightman; 13th July 2012, 11:57.

Comment

• gkozak
                    Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by flightman View Post
                    Typ: CASA C-101 Aviojet
                    Operator: Honduras - Air Force
                    SN: FAH-238

Source: airliners.net

(click for large version)
                    What is it with Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador? Why do their aircraft quickly end up looking so worn and shoddy? It's not like they see any real action.

Comment

• Italy
                      Rank 3 Registered User

Originally posted by gkozak View Post
                      What is it with Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador? Why do their aircraft quickly end up looking so worn and shoddy? It's not like they see any real action.
                      humid environment, saline air, guinea pig pandemic

Comment

• TR1
                        TR1
                        http://tiny.cc/tp8kd

Sitting around and not being touched up often will do that.
                        sigpic

Comment

• MadRat
                          Rank 5 Registered User

Humidity, especially salt rich, is both corrosive and abrasive.
                          Go Huskers!

Comment

• gkozak
                            Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by MadRat View Post
                            Humidity, especially salt rich, is both corrosive and abrasive.
                            Great points, everybody. The climates of these countries are rough on aircraft- not like the desert of Arizona, where they can sit for decades without significant deterioration.
                            Last edited by gkozak; 14th July 2012, 13:52.

Comment

• KERVYN
                              Rank 5 Registered User

FIJI AIR FORCE

Name:	Fiji_cap_badge.png
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	3635922

this is a view of an ex-Fijian B-707
                              (airliners.net photo # 0662963) :

Name:	0662963.jpg
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	3635923

Kuala Lumpur - Subang / Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah (SZB / WMSA)
                              Malaysia, June 1981

N705PA (cn 17686/124) Shot of the impounded 707. Check out titles of Royal Fiji Military.... Still searching for the side shot. ( !! )

BUT.... WAS IT REALLY A MILITARY ONE ? .......... I'm not convinced !

Can you read the word after Royal Fifi.... ?
                              I'd like to see the full title !
                              Can you help ?

I'm looking also for pics of their nowadays Harbin Y-11

This is just to complete -& try to end - my collection of world's (171) Air Forces.
                              (my other missing country is Bhutan.... see avatar )

friendly yours,

ETIENNE

Comment

• cthornburg
                                Skyvan Capt.

Fiji Boeing 707

Etienne

Here's a side shot.

Chris
                                Attached Files

Comment

• KERVYN
                                  Rank 5 Registered User

FIJI B-707

thanks, Capt,

for the side view... it was already published in a former thread,
                                  by GKOZAK

and, there is nothing to see about titles, markings, etc...

friendly yours,

Etienne

Comment

• gkozak
                                    Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by KERVYN View Post
                                    [ATTACH]206851[/ATTACH]

this is a view of an ex-Fijian B-707
                                    (airliners.net photo # 0662963) :

[ATTACH]206852[/ATTACH]

Malaysia, June 1981

N705PA (cn 17686/124) Shot of the impounded 707. Check out titles of Royal Fiji Military.... Still searching for the side shot. ( !! )

Can you read the word after Royal Fifi.... ?
                                    I'd like to see the full title !
                                    Can you help ?

I'm looking also for pics of their nowadays Harbin Y-11

This is just to complete -& try to end - my collection of world's (171) Air Forces.
                                    (my other missing country is Bhutan.... see avatar )

friendly yours,

ETIENNE
                                    This is a superb and extremely interesting photo- thanks much for posting it. I am virtually 100% positive that the entire logo reads, "Royal Fiji Military Forces". This is their name for their armed forces. I have also attached another rear/side view of this aircraft. The color values are not as good, but is does show the number N705PA to the rear of the rear door.

Yes, Bhutan is now my "holy grail" as well. If anybody finds a picture of any aircraft from their armed forces, please post it here asap!

Another one that has been very elusive is Sao Tome e Principe. I have posted some interesting photos that I found, though, the only ones of aircraft with national insignia. Though the Do-228 is a civilian aircraft, serving with the airline Africa's Connection, it is the only aircraft from that country that I have seen marked as such. Then again, as with most very small countries, I figure that their aircraft could, and very likely would, be "requisitioned" for military service if necessary.

Also, a New Zealand UH-1H sporting the old "fern" roundel, NZ3809...

...and some unusual South American subjects. Venezuela DC-4, and de Havilland Dove (never knew they used this one), Bolivia T-25 Universal and A-122 Uirapuru, and Argentine Army SVH-3.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by gkozak; 17th July 2012, 23:30.

Comment

• cthornburg
                                      Skyvan Capt.

Malaysia, June 1981

More than likely a chartered aircraft to move troops into an island and overwhelm it during the coup. I've flown charter airlines and they usually operate on a shoestring. I've flown to many islands here in the Pacific over the last 20 years, not to Fiji though. An aircraft full of troops would likely do the trick in what they were trying to accomplish. So probably impounded due to lack of payment for services rendered. So was it military? In Haiti they had a Connie dropping 50 gal IED's drums out of the aircraft. Not military. If your on the ground would you yell up your not military!

Chris

Comment

• KERVYN
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

FIJIAN CONVICTIONS !

with thanks to both of you, Greg and Chris, for the views & comments

here is an interesting site about the RFMF, but nothing about aircraft !:

www.rfmf.mil.fj

with friendly greetings,

Etienne

Comment

• Gerard
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

Argentine Army SVH-3.
                                          AFAIK this is not a real helicopter but only a simulator. Nevertheless a great picture.
                                          For Roundels of the World: http://www.drareg.nl/Markeringen/index.html or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/481843655359127/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X