Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quadbike Indian Air Force Thread Part 18

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...r-rafales.html

Came across this one..Probably not serious..

Comment

^^ Yep, debunked already.
      sigpic

Comment

LSP-7 completed its second High Speed Taxi Trial and will have its first flight any day now. Report from Ananth Krishan's blog.

Tejas LSP7 to have its first flight soon

Bangalore: The first flight of the limited series production (LSP-7) version of India's Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas is in a striking distance. Sources confirm to Express that the LSP-7 performed the crucial High-Speed Taxi Trial (HSTT) on Thursday in a nose-wheel-lift mode at about 260 kmph. A data analysis de-brief is scheduled on Friday (March 9) to check various parameters of the aircraft during the HSTT, which was the second one for LSP-7.

“If the results are absolutely encouraging, then we would have the first flight any time. The Flight Readiness Review Board has already cleared the aircraft for its maiden moment in the sky,” sources said. Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) officials at Old Bangalore Airport too confirmed that the activities relating to LSP-7 has reached a critical stage with all safety precautions put on an any-time-ready mode.

On Thursday, Grp Capt Venugopal of the National Flight Test Centre (NFTC) did the HSTT, which is a pointer that he might be the chosen one to take LSP-7 for the first flight. “It is a positive step to see more platforms joining the flight-line. We need more of them so that we can divide our tasks and put the programme on a faster pace,” a source with the Aircraft System Testing Establishment of the Indian Air Force (IAF) said.

The IAF pilots from ASTE would finally begin the evaluation once the LSP-7 is ready. “The Standard of Preparation (SOP) of this aircraft is made for user evaluation trials for both flight as well as maintenance, which is the same as the SOP of the production variant. Intensified campaign of flight trials is going on for demonstrating the performance of sensors and armaments,” HAL sources said.

With LSP-7, the 12th aircraft from the project flight-line would join the Tejas party with another (LSP-8) scheduled to be rolled out in future. Express had reported earlier about a fuel leak on LSP-7, which forced the Aeronautical Development Agency(ADA)-HAL combo to ground the entire fleet. This had pushed the programme further behind the schedule by four-five months -- the time taken by designers and engineers in re-arranging the butting of fuel and hydraulic pipes to prevent them coming in contact.

Notice the change at the base of the fin- the inlet is now smoothened out with a small opening for the air intake..something I noticed on LCA models from AI-11 but attributed to just lack of attention to design on those models ! A drag reduction measure ? Compare it to the LSP-6

Last edited by Kramer; 9th March 2012, 03:18.
        "By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!"

Comment

The APU inlet indeed does seem smaller !!
          sigpic

Comment

Looks much better, that intake was hideous.
            sigpic

Comment

LSP-7 first flight completed as per a HAL engineer at BR.
              HAL - one step ahead of IBM

Comment

^^ That was quick, quicker than NLCA.
                sigpic

Comment

16 Months so quick. Yawns.
                  Love Planes, Live Planes

Comment

Isn't "quick" a relative term....He said quicker than NLCA.

Comment

Funny ... from Chinese links we get clearer images of Indian aircraft than from Indian blogs ! :diablo:
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Deino; 9th March 2012, 16:58.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                      My working week and my Sunday rest,
                      My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                      I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                      Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                      Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                      For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                      -------------------------------------------------
                      W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Deino View Post
                        Funny ... from Chinese links we get clearer images of Indian aircraft than from Indian blogs ! :diablo:
                        Lifted from shiv aroor's blog livefist
                        http://livefist.blogspot.in/
                        east or west india is the best

Comment

Nothing new on NP-1 then ?
                          Btw how many Tejas are flying at the moment ( including LSP-7)?
                          --------------
                          NO to NATO
                          NO to WAR!

Comment

Originally posted by mack8 View Post
                            It seems LSP-1 to 5 (with LSP 1,4 and 5 doing most of the recent heavy lifting) and PV-2 that have been doing most of the flying. PV-3 flies rarely, TD-1, TD-2 and PV-1 are not flying anymore.

LSP-8 and LSP-6 (Weaponised trainer ?) should be flying within a few months along with NP-1 and NP-2.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mirza2003 View Post
                              Lifted from shiv aroor's blog livefist
                              http://livefist.blogspot.in/
                              and then shamelessly put their own mark on it!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArcher View Post
                                and then shamelessly put their own mark on it!
                                Nothing new from China.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twinblade View Post
                                  LSP-8 and LSP-6 (Weaponised trainer ?) should be flying within a few months along with NP-1 and NP-2.
                                  LSP 6 is an experimental airframe which will be used to expand the flight envelope. AFAIK, it will also be kitted out with spin recovery equipment (parachutes).

For that purpose, i reckon it would be a single seater as there is no need to endanger a second pilot.

It should have something like this installed -

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/pho.../ECN-22193.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---...f56d22975472c5

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---...f56d22975472c5
                                  Last edited by CoffeeBean; 9th March 2012, 22:08.

Comment

Originally posted by mack8 View Post
                                    NP-1 will have its first flight soon as well as per Ananth Krishnan's blog. Not including TD-1 and TD-2 (which were considered obsolete and stopped flying), the following Tejas' are flying..

PV1, PV2, PV3, PV-5 (twin seater), LSP-1, LSP-2, LSP-3, LSP-4, LSP-5 and now LSP-7.

LSP-6 is yet to fly and it will be modified for high alpha flights. LSP-7 and LSP-8 are to be handed over to the IAF's Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment for evaluations.

Comment

Can see the DASH HMDS on the pilot..this is only the second time we've seen a test pilot wearing one when flying the Tejas.

And no R-73 dummies on the pylons..earlier Tejas' used to fly with the dummy R-73s almost as a rule.

Comment

Man I can't get over how disproportionately large that radar nose cone looks on that small fighter, both in length and breadth. Must have an oversized dish for a small fighter. Any specs on the MMR?

FWIW: Just did a comparison with other contemporary fighters (F-16, Mirage 2000, Gripen, MiG-29) and found/felt that ratio of nose length to length of the airframe is probly greater for the LCA. Counted 6-7 noselengths and as many as 9 on the F-16.

USS
                                        Last edited by uss novice; 9th March 2012, 22:29.

Comment

Thanks for your answer Twinblade and Black Archer.
                                          Say, speaking of indian aviation , there's doesn't seems to be alot of pics around of the MiG-29K/KUBs , not recent ones anyway. There must be 9 of them in India now, correct? ( i'm familiar with the few pics on BR and various blogs)
                                          Nor for that matter of the SH armed with Derby.( i do know the well know pics from the web too).
                                          Would be nice to see more of those aircraft.
                                          --------------
                                          NO to NATO
                                          NO to WAR!

Comment

Working...
                                          X