Dhruv
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vinodku...54223/sizes/l/
    PEOPLE.FIRST.MISSION.ALWAYS.
    Have a good one..

Comment

That picture should be backed up with "Ride of Valkyries"
      sigpic

Comment

That picture needs to be bigger. Too small for 1080p screen.
        sigpic

Comment

with all due regards to the hard work of the photo owner Vinod Kumar... it could have been better at some other time or another day. A shot with a clear sky (dusk time) as background would have been awesome. The too much and uneven clouded sky and the coconut tree spoil it.

Comment

I like it. Can't visualize what you mean about the composition.

Would be better if you take one personally to show us what you mean.

Comment

I find the pic to be excellent. Far better than some plain-jane anodyne composition of plain skies at the usual times with nothing but the aircraft.

Now I need to figure out how to save this pic and make it my desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Teer View Post
                I find the pic to be excellent. Far better than some plain-jane anodyne composition of plain skies at the usual times with nothing but the aircraft.

somebody uploaded it on imageshack

Last edited by Twinblade; 2nd January 2012, 07:24.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JangBoGo View Post
                  with all due regards to the hard work of the photo owner Vinod Kumar... it could have been better at some other time or another day. A shot with a clear sky (dusk time) as background would have been awesome. The too much and uneven clouded sky and the coconut tree spoil it.
                  Well..err...I am in agreement with Teer and Shalav here..the liquid gold sunset background is awesome.

Btw..the motto of the Sarang is quite nice too..
                  "But for Rotors..we would have been closer"
                  Thats just super fun!
                  Have a good one..

Comment

Originally posted by rayrubik View Post
                    Well..err...I am in agreement with Teer and Shalav here..the liquid gold sunset background is awesome.

Btw..the motto of the Sarang is quite nice too..
                    "But for Rotors..we would have been closer"
                    Thats just super fun!
                    arey yaar...samakha karo....beauty lies with the beholder. Its a very personal thing.

regarding the photo itself....I like that liquid gold sunset but its is the excessive and uneven cloud cover which clutter the background that did not get well with me. That is what I pointed out...saying another time or another day. Imagine for yourself how Good that photo would have been if the sky was clear without the clouds...the silhouette of the Dhruvs will be highlighting like anything!

Originally posted by Teer

FYI, see some of the excellent shots of US shots of their helos @dusk and you will admire how beautiful it looks when the sky is not cluttered with clouds.

regrading saving images (in future case)....if you are using firefox.....right click on the picture and select "View Image info" ...elze, right click outside of the picture and select "View Page Info".... in the box opened, select "Media" and select the image you want from the page.
                    Last edited by JangBoGo; 2nd January 2012, 16:34.

Comment

An IAF Mirage-2000 (possibly a TH twin seater) had a close shave after its engine flamed out when on a practice sortie while returning from Jhansi in MP state.

The pilots dumped fuel at Tekanpur-Biloua and managed to land the jet safely. This may mean that the Mirage fleet will go through some precautionary checks since for a single engined aircraft this is a very dangerous occurence.

Patrika.com hindi article

cross-posted the article from BRF.
                      "By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!"

Comment

Nice Torque Aviation video of IAF birdies..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRYh...eature=related
                        Have a good one..

Comment

Originally posted by rayrubik View Post
                          Nice Torque Aviation video of IAF birdies..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRYh...eature=related
                          Too bad it isn't in HD.

Edit : Found it, full length video from Vayu Shakti 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DItXA...6&feature=plcp
                          Last edited by Twinblade; 5th January 2012, 16:19.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twinblade View Post
                            Too bad it isn't in HD.

Edit : Found it, full length video from Vayu Shakti 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DItXA...6&feature=plcp
                            Good find!
                            Have a good one..

Comment

IAF MiG-29UPG Srl # KBU 3123 with a Kh-35E (AS-20 Kayak) anti-ship missile

Comment

Finally some news on Lsp-7 and Lsp-8 after 6 months of skipping deadlines :|
                                http://tarmak007.blogspot.com/2012/0...lking-iaf.html
                                Sources tell Express that the LSP-7 will fly in 'two weeks' with engine ground runs and low-speed taxi trials (LSTT) over. “We will have to do the high-speed taxi trials (HSTT) and then go for the first flight in two weeks' time. It's a final configuration aircraft and the integration of new systems are taking considerable time. Once the LSP-7 files, the LSP-8 too will follow suit,” ADA sources claimed.
                                Still no news on NP-1.
                                sigpic

Comment

Anyone seen this before?
                                  Have a good one..

Comment

IAI signs $1.1b arms deal with India

I hope that includes some Heron TP/Eitan!
                                    Have a good one..

Comment

more pics of the Tejas from the weapons trials held in Goa..

carrying Israeli Griffin LGBs..

courtesy Livefist blog.
                                      Last edited by BlackArcher; 11th January 2012, 04:12.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArcher View Post
                                        more pics of the Tejas from the weapons trials held in Goa..

carrying Israeli Griffin LGBs..

courtesy Livefist blog.
                                        thanks for the wonderful photos. What a beautiful little bird.
                                        "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault only failed of success because dead men can advance no further."

Comment

Originally posted by bgnewf View Post
                                          thanks for the wonderful photos. What a beautiful little bird.
                                          You're welcome bgnewf. You'll notice in the pic posted by rayrubik that the Tejas is no bigger than a Sea Harrier !

Comment

Working...
                                          X