WW2? Seat Identification

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years

Hi there, does anyone have any idea which aircraft this seat would have come from? There are a few numbers stamped on it, see attached photos. I am planning on listing it on ebay as soon as I find out, so any identification help would be very much appreciated! :D

Many thanks in advance, RVK
p.s. anyone have any idea of its value:confused:

Attachments
Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Nice seat rvk - not sure what it's from but the lap strap is British. Can't make out the numbers and stamps on your pics - can u transcribe them please? Might be interested in buying it from you but need to find out what it is first!

Member for

15 years

Hi there, many thanks for the reply.

The only place that I've seen a lap strap like this was in a Horsa Glider (I think its number 3 seat, the single seat behind the pilot).

I've just been over it with a magnifying glass, and the only numbers I can read are listed below:

The seat mounting frame is stamped B4956A and 101034

Seatbelt anchorage point on rear is stamped 1010853 B 500 A

Other numbers stamped on the rear of the seat are 10101471, there are a couple of stamped circles with GDR24 inside them

The ribbed part on the rear of the seat is stamped 1010033 B770A

What a mishmash of numbers! :eek:

Member for

20 years

In addition to the lap belt fitted it seems to also have a cut-out and fixing point for a Sutton Harness to attach to. The indentation in the pan and leather rubbing strip also appears to indicate use of a seat type parachute.

Member for

17 years 8 months

Look like Airspeed Oxford?

Member for

19 years 6 months

Look like Airspeed Oxford?

Hmmmm.... http://www.sa-transport.co.za/aircraft/saaf/interior.JPG

From here.

Member for

15 years

Looks like you guys have cracked it..........thank you :-)